ARRAY(0xba673cd8)

Profile for PeterColley > Reviews

Content by PeterColley

PeterColley

How to Read Music: Beginner Fundamentals of Music and How to Read Musical Notation

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written, 11 Jan 2014
I didn't learn much from this book. It's poorly written, rambles and not entirely correct. There are far better resources iavailabe to learn music, many of them well written, technically correct and free!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 9:34 PM GMT

FXLAB Metal mini Fog/Smoke Machine
FXLAB Metal mini Fog/Smoke Machine
Offered by Eeazy-Gizmo

3.0 out of 5 stars Great party piece, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: FXLAB Metal mini Fog/Smoke Machine

Took a while to figure out how to use it as the manual is dreadful. Having figured it out it's actually very simple to use and very effective. Great with a selection of lasers/disco lights and really makes the party/disco atmospheric.

American DJ Revo Sweep LED Effect Beamer Light (9W, 84 LEDs, RGBW)
American DJ Revo Sweep LED Effect Beamer Light (9W, 84 LEDs, RGBW)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great party piece, 11 Jan 2014
Just the job. Work well straight out of the box and really make the party atmosphere. Haven't behgun to use all the functions as it's quite a complex bit of kit and I don't find the manual very well written.

Proxima Direct® Mini Red and Green Laser Stage Lighting Light Projector Spotlight Sound/ Music Active DJ Equipment for Disco Lights Club Party
Offered by Proxima Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great party piece, 11 Jan 2014
Just the job. Work well straight out of the box and really make the party atmosphere. Have since bought one for my son. Even better with fog machine.

Zuwit New Arrival Club Disco DJ Party Ball Lights Music MP3 Remote Control Colors Changing Effect Mini LED Stage laser Lighting Spiders Web Net Lights
Offered by Zuwitdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great party piece, 11 Jan 2014

A Pack of 5 Legend Plectrums Marbled/Tortoiseshell effect (Grey)
A Pack of 5 Legend Plectrums Marbled/Tortoiseshell effect (Grey)
Offered by Really-Useful-Stuff

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit brittle, 11 Jan 2014
They work fine but break easily. I've used siimilar picks before which I've had to replace as I keep loosing them. I'll have to replace these soon as most of them have broken.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed like so many others, 10 Mar 2012
We bought the 3G version to enable us to access email when travelling around Europe. Like so many others, we soon learned that, despite claims from Amazon, you can't email from Spain, where we are now. Amazon really should clarify the position regarding email/web access as it's claims are totally misleading.

The kindle otherwise is excellent and well worth buying - just beware about paying extra for 3G unless you never leave the UK.Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, 6" E Ink Display
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2012 8:13 AM GMT

Nikon COOLPIX S8200 Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.1MP, 14x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice, 18 Nov 2011
I already had a Nikon D3100 dSLR - great camera but not ideal for lugging everywhere! So I wanted a 'pocket size' that I could easily carry everywhere, but one that would still give me great picture quality. And this is it - the S8200 feels great and takes great shots in auto mode in a variety of situations. Colour fidelity is fantastic. The zoom is excellent as is the flash. I really can't fault it.

The video mode is a bonus but I haven't used it yet - that'll be for Christmas with the grandchildren!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor accuracy, 11 July 2011
I bought 2 of these thermometers and received one extra free of charge.

There's no specification of accuracy in the product details but, at the price, and given that thermometry is not a new science, I'd have expected accuracy to within 1 degree. One of the thermometers showed a 3 degree difference between the min and max side, while the other 2 showed a 2 degree difference.

One of the three had one of the 'needles' missing.

I contacted the seller who just told me about their returns policy - they made no effort to tell me what accuracy to expect, so I don't know if the thermometers are faulty or just poor quality.

If you want to measure min/max temperatures to within 1 degree, this thermometer seems unsuitable.