Profile for A. Peacock > Reviews

SFR Rio Roller Adult Quad Skates - Disco
SFR Rio Roller Adult Quad Skates - Disco
Price: 44.95 - 55.64

4.0 out of 5 stars old skool boots, 6 Aug 2011
havent skated for 25+ years and am loving my new hobby & these boots. i am a 7, these are a little long but wide enough for my broad feet. comfy fit, i do get numb feet bu after about 60 mins constant skating, but thick socks with padded sloes solved this. a good boot for newbies....roller derby next stop?

Umbra Grapevine Wine Rack, Clear
Umbra Grapevine Wine Rack, Clear
Price: 19.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice rack!, 22 April 2011
I bought the clear rack, suits my 60's house, needs to house big bottles to ensure stability! Looks cool, has had many compliments!

Skechers Women's Shape Ups Metabolize Training Shoe
Skechers Women's Shape Ups Metabolize Training Shoe

4.0 out of 5 stars dont expect miracles!, 24 Sep 2009
comfy
not too 'odd' looking
they are quick to get used to
the backs of my legs are more toned, but I walk a lot = at least 1.5 hours a day at a fast pace, and I wear them all day in work.

not as firm in the base as MBTs
not as much rock as an MBT
my legs ache more when I use my MBTs so iguess the skechers may not provide as much of a 'work out'

my knees ar eless achey in these than in standard trainers

i like these and they are a good shoe to try before commiting to paying the insane cost of MBTs!

My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)
My Fitness Coach - Get In Shape (Wii)
Offered by WorldCinema
Price: 16.86

5.0 out of 5 stars loving the variety of this 'game', 15 July 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
i have had a wii fit for 438 days and am bored stiff of it, i only use it to do a body test. I have used another wii personal trainer (EA sports active) game which i love but it has no core section and thats what I want to focus on.

I'd agree with the other reviews, i have only used this for a week but its focused, varied and pushes me to work harder than the others. I like the fact the scrolling bar moves accross the bottom of the screen so if something is difficult you can see then end of the section appraoching!

the graphics are a bit rubbish, but good enough to see how to perform the exercises correctly.

I havent lost wight with the EA trainer (thought I have lost inches) and hope this 'my fitness coach' starts to make that happen!

I got mine for 9.99 - well worth it and I am more likely to do this than go to the gym!

Babell Aqua Triple Tier Cake Stand
Babell Aqua Triple Tier Cake Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 2 July 2009
This review is from: Babell Aqua Triple Tier Cake Stand
bought a large red one, found its really good for fruit - if you're like me, i buy a lot of fruit but often end up chucking it out in to my compost heap, but this tiered stand enables me to:

- see what fruit i have available to eat
- i put older stuff at the top and new fruit at the bottom - this helps me eat it in age oder so not as much is wasted
- it looks cool!

i want one for the bathroom for all my smellies now!

EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer (Wii)
EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars work up a sweat!, 2 July 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
i have just completed the 30 day challenge, i agree with all the reviews on here so wont go in to what it does, i have a wii fit and am so bored of it (am on day 400+!) but this 'game' has a lot of options.

however, though i am of average fitness, even on high intensity i find i want to do more, but this is remedied with cusrtom workouts, so i do a 30 day challeng workout(approx 30 mins) and then add 2 x 10 min custom built workouts on top.

after 30 days i have lost no weight at all - which i found suprising as the activities did make me breathless and you know you have been worked on, but i have lost an inch of my waist and thighs - i do think my bottom and legs are firmer now.

i wish this game had a core section to tone my stomach, and it doesnt weight you like the wii fit does, but i do like this game and plan to start another 30 day challenge tomorrow - just having a day off!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2009 6:45 PM BST

Make your own Opoly
Make your own Opoly
Offered by a1 Toys
Price: 11.03

3.0 out of 5 stars aly-opoly, 5 Jan 2008
This review is from: Make your own Opoly (Toy)
i thought i was going mad until i read these reviews!
i hunted for the instructions on playing the game (its been a few years since i have played monopoly), houses and hotels, title deeds etc, but it seems this version doesnt have theese - little point then to playing.

the paper is poor quality, the lovely monopoly pieces i expected to find (dog, hat, car etc) are replaced by 4 plastic pegs....

i would agree, best to buy the original and just put sticky tape over the names of the roads to customise it for yourself.

very dissapointing. best but was thinking up rude place names for the board and customising the 'community chest' alternative cards, though even the scope to customise the game is limited.

very poor show overall. shame.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5