Profile for Davey Diablo > Reviews

Content by Davey Diablo

Davey Diablo (Beds, UK)

Lord Of The Rings The Witch King Nazgul Apple iPad Air 2 Hard Plastic Case Cover

1.0 out of 5 stars Spellcheck may have helped, 13 Jun. 2016
"Pray."
lol

Rokono® BASS+ Mini Speaker for iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 Player / Laptop - Red
Rokono® BASS+ Mini Speaker for iPhone / iPad / iPod / MP3 Player / Laptop - Red
Offered by Gadget Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars which looks much better out of the box, 30 July 2015
Bought it as a present, mate loves it.
It's worth noting that the pictures don't do the metallic-red finish justice, which looks much better out of the box.

aLLreli® Premium 3M Micro USB Data Sync Charger Charging Braid Cable - Gold Plated Connector - USB 2.0 High Speed Blue - Extra Long - Micro USB Male to USB Male Adapter Cable Universal for Samung Galaxy Note s6 S6 Edge S4 S3 S2 Tab 3 Note 10.1 2014 Edition | Google Nexus 5 4 7 10 2013 | HTC One M8 M9 | Moto G | Nokia Lumia | Sony Xperia Phone Tablet
Offered by ForPower(aLLreli TM)

The Elder Scrolls Online (PC)
The Elder Scrolls Online (PC)
Offered by AAA Toys

2.0 out of 5 stars Review after the first four weeks, 29 April 2014
Rather than write a review, I'm going to share with you the feedback I gave Zenimax / Bethesda when explaining why I wasn't going to resubscribe to the game. I hope you find it useful.

Hi,

I really like some aspects of this game. The story, voice acting and music are fantastic. Also, I've really enjoyed the humour in this game, which is very unusual for an MMO.

It is because I enjoyed the above that I'm spending the time to let you know why my partner and I (and most probably all our friends who are on the fence and have not yet bought TESO) will not be subbing to this game.

This game was clearly released too early. I have played beta products with better stability, less bugs and more polish.

Having graphical errors like that red and white 'missing' cube in basement levels, or the inn (in Daggerfall, I believe) having it's doorway not clip correctly with the wall should not have been acceptable. Especially, considering I saw both of these bugs within the first hour of gameplay.

Combat is unresponsive and laggy at best, making skill a non-factor. Even worse, is the fact that my combat abilities will sometimes STOP WORKING COMPLETELY. I'm unsure if it's because EU servers are based in US (why?!) or if it's an issue with NB's. Either way, the question has to be asked; "How on Earth did ESO get released in this condition?"

Limited UI features FORCE players to use addons. I'm not talking about recount-style parsers and advances features here. Simple loot management features are absent as well as basic options.

I mentioned how much I was enjoying the story, and I stand by that, but the lack in available activities whilst levelling can become pretty tiresome. I've made it to level 34, and my desire to play the game, particularly as I'm not resubbing, has greatly diminished.

The bots, gold-spammers and the awkward way of reporting them should have been much better thought out, before launch.

Craft nodes also disappear in front of my eyes, and although I know that there are invisible bots teleporting around, gathering materials, I suspect that this is yet another bug.

Tool-tips and stats are often incorrect or do not apply correctly.

I often need to /camp, and relog, in order to see the NPC I'm meant to fight or talk to.

During development, I was really keen to hear of your idea where your mega-server phase was created based on your friends list, guilds, and gameplay preferences (such as role-playing). Instead, at launch, we get an EU server that is not only based in the US, but isn't even separated by language. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who feels that seeing zone chat full of a language that he/she can't understand to be alienating. Between this and the gold-sellers, I keep zone chat turned off. I'm in an MMO; I want my zone chat on!

The fact that I can buy a horse with real money, yet the prices for a horse in-game are relatively steep, gives me a bad impression of what will become available in the future. The mounts are not cosmetic, they give the player an advantage. Considering this is a sub-based game, I find that a little hard to swallow.

In summary, I feel as though I've paid a AAA price for a broken beta of a game that I can only play for 30 days. Does this seem fair to you?

I feel you had a good opportunity here to bring back the sub-based model with a quality product, but instead, you've probably put the final nail in it's coffin.

A real shame.

Thanks for reading guys.

Davey

UPDATE: The console version has been delayed for 6 months to give players "the experience [they] expect and deserve." Says it all really...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 10:24 AM BST

Hannibal - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Hannibal - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [2013]
Dvd ~ Mads Mikkelsen

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite show of the year (so far), 22 July 2013
Mads Mikkelsen gives us a Hannibal that's far more calculated and terrifying than what we've seen before.
Indeed, the acting of the entire cast is phenomenal, as is the art direction.
It's a slow burner, but the pay-off is well worth it!

Can't wait for season 2!

Joytech HDMI Tri-Link Switcher (PS3)
Joytech HDMI Tri-Link Switcher (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price, 10 July 2007
I was concerned that the low cost of this item would entail receiving a sub-standard product. I was very happy to be proved wrong. This is a great product at a great price. My one issue is that the remote control isn't always very responsive, sometimes requiring several clicks to change channel. This however, is easy to live with, and would in no way stop me recommending this product to anyone else.

The Village [DVD] [2004]
The Village [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Sigourney Weaver
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 5 Feb. 2005
This review is from: The Village [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
First off, this is not a horror movie. In fact, it only has a couple of jumps and eerie moments, and these mostly happen in the first half. Instead, the Village is more melodrama, but without the time spent on character and relationship development.
The mood is well set within the first few scenes, and has an almost 70's Hammer-esque feel to it. Unfortunately, some time during the first half, it became clear that this perhaps wasn't the film that marketing had lead me to believe it was going to be.
It is hard for me to write a review damning the very slow, and uneventfully poor plot-line, without revealing any of the trademark twists that M. Shyamalan puts into this movie. What I can reveal however, is that ALL of the plot twists are incredibly obvious, and yes, that silly notion you had about 10-15 minutes into the film, regarding what the ending might be, *is* actually going to be the twist ending. There is an interesting plot development half way through that was both surprising and well shot, but for me, it sadly marked the last point the story had any momentum or cohesion.
On the upside, the score was reasonable and the cast all did their duties adequately. Howard appears to be a strong talent, although to be fair, she had the only half-decent part.