Profile for kevin heath > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Stealth Gear One Man Chair Hide includes a Foldable Chair
Stealth Gear One Man Chair Hide includes a Foldable Chair

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable bird hide, 14 Aug 2013
I bought this a few months ago but have only recently had the opportunity to use it.
It offers excellent protection against the wind and rain. Ideal for wildlife photography as it reduces wind shake with the digiscoping set up I use.
It really is very quick and easy to put up and take down. It is pretty light to carry and comes in a useful backpack.
The only improvement I would really like to see is the back pack made larger. At the moment you can only get the hide into it and when you have one backpack on it's difficult to wear another one containing your scope and tripod etc. If the back pack was larger with pockets then it would be perfect.
But I am very happy with the hide, there is plenty of room in it once set up for tripod and sandwiches.

Karrimor Mens Bodmin Low lll Weathertite Trekking and Hiking Shoes K606-BLC-155 Black Sea 9 UK, 43 EU, 10 US
Offered by Yeomans Outdoor Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and great quality, 14 Aug 2013
These are very comfortable hiking shoes which are ideal for 3 season hiking. They can handle a few downpours with the waterproof and breathable lining but for winter hiking I would definitely go back to using proper hiking boots for the extra protection.

Delivery was excellent. Even though I opted for standard delivery they still arrived just 2 days after ordering. Another example of Amazon's outstanding delivery service.

August LP205R Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer - Cordless Powerpoint Slide Changer with Shortcut Keys - Remote Control Range: 15m - Battery Powered (1xAAA Inc.)
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 14 Aug 2013
I've just become an adult education teacher so have started to do a few presentations. This is a great little gadget - and cheap - that helps me to show slides and point out important parts with the laser.
It comes in a nice case and overall I'm happy with what I have got for the price paid.

WWK Mens Formal smart casual trousers W30-48 & BELT leg 29" - Brown - 44"
WWK Mens Formal smart casual trousers W30-48 & BELT leg 29" - Brown - 44"
Offered by WWK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and great value for money, 14 Aug 2013
The trousers were delivered extremely quickly - within a couple of days of ordering.

These are definitely summer trousers as they are pretty thin material but for the price I'm extremely happy with them. I'm currently on a diet and losing about 2 inches a month so it was time to buy some new trousers but I did not want to spend a lot as I'll need to replace them soon anyway.
I think they are quite generously cut. I ordered a size 44 inch and I have plenty of room in them. They are comfortable on the skin and have a bit of stretch in them which is ideal for siting down.
I only bought the one pair as I was a bit worried about what I would get for the price but next month when I drop to a 42 inch :) I'll definitely get a couple of pairs.

3.5 inch USB 2.0 HDD SATA Hard Disk Drive Enclosure Case
3.5 inch USB 2.0 HDD SATA Hard Disk Drive Enclosure Case
Offered by Euromart UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful - but limited, 12 July 2013
Great delivery speed of the enclosure and I'm happy with it but there are a couple of issues to be aware of.

The enclosure comes with an old fashioned 2 prong mains travel adaptor. This means there is no earth or pseudo-earth prong. If you are using a modern cable extension of have fairly new wiring in your home there is no earth prong to 'unlock' the socket so you will need to buy a news mains adaptor if you don't have one lying around. Small point but worth knowing so you are not trying to force the adaptor into a socket which requires an earth prong.

The second issue is a bit more practical about the enclosure. It does not have very fast data transfer abilities so you can not really use this as a slave drive. The unit appears to have a maximum peak write speed of 1.5M/s and averages under 1 M/s. To put this into some sort of perspective it took about 8 minutes to save a 633MB video to the drive and over 1.5 hours to save my 9GB music collection to the drive. This is not a drive write speed issue but a data transfer issue.

If you are looking at using this to host a working slave drive which will see transfer of files on a regular basis you will be disappointed at the speed. You need to opt for something a bit more expensive. It is also not a very good option for a back up disk because of the write speed - you'll need to leave it running overnight to back up large drives.

That said if you want a cheap and cheerful portable hard-drive for long-term storage it's a great buy. I've transferred all my media files across to this drive and I can just move it now and play my media files from wherever I want. I can play my media from my desktop or laptop or plug it into my android TV box and just play the films or music.

As an enclosure for a media storage disk it is ideal as an enclosure for a working hard drive it sucks.

Fujitsu LIFEBOOK AH532 15.6 inch laptop (black) Intel Core i3-3120M Processor (3M Cache, 2.50 GHz) 4GB RAM, 500GB hard disk, DVDRW SM, Intel HD graphics 4000, Intel Centrino N2230 802.11b/g/n WLAN, Bluetooth v4.0, HD webcam, Windows 8 64-bit

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget laptop, 11 July 2013
I've had a small notebook before for my portable computing but decided that as my desktop was on the way out it was time to invest in a reasonably priced laptop.
For £300 I am very impressed with the Fujitsu. It my not have the speed of my desktop but it is still fast enough for all my general computing needs. The desktop now is my gaming computer while this is my general use and business computer.trackpa
The display is nice and clear and video playback is perfectly acceptable, when I want better colour rendition I just plug it into my TV for excellent playback of streaming media.
I find the trackpad a little to sensitive to use but when I'm at a desk working I use a remote mouse and keyboard so that's not a problem overall.
Windows 8 takes a little getting used to but after studying a few Youtube videos and playing about with it for a few hours I do now quite like the system. It can be a little cumbersome at times because you have to click 2 or 3 times to get to a programme in Windows8 when you could get to it in 1 or 2 clicks in Windows 7. Apart from that it is not too bad a system.
The only issue I have with the Fujitsu lifebook was the way it came ready partitioned. C drive had an incredibly small amount of space while d drive had a large amount of space. For none technical savvy people this adds on a lot of extra learning curve to understand how to use a portioned computer. It's not convenient and the computer should come unpartioned. Those in the know can quickly partion the disk themselves while normal users can just get on with using the computer out of the box.
Personally I prefer the convenience of an unpartioned drive so I got rid of d drive which is easy to do.
For those who prefer a large c drive;
download and install the home version of partition magic [...]
run the programme and select d drive, delete and apply.
then select c drive, right click and select expand and then select all the unallocated space using the slider and then apply.

your c drive will then take on all the d drive allocation.

Had the lifebook come out the box in an unpartioned form then I would have given the product 5 stars but I took off a star because of the inconvenience of this issue.

Overall though I'm impressed with the amount of computer I got for the money and very impressed with the speed of delivery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2013 5:42 PM BST

Hama Cable Release For Digital Cameras
Hama Cable Release For Digital Cameras

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of handywork and it works great, 20 Nov 2012
Out of the box I have to admit that I was not too impressed with the results. The strap that wrapped around the camera covered all of the controls for the camera and it had a habit of slipping a little so the piston came off the shutter and I missed some pictures while out digiscoping.

Fortunately I'm of the Blue Peter generation and so was able to get the release to work perfectly by adding some velcro to my camera body. I ran the velcro across the top of the camera and down the edge. This meant I could attach the strap lengthways giving me full access to all the controls.

I had to add a little velcro to the bottom of the piston to make up the difference of distnace but the strap attached firmly and seems to be much more reliable in this position than when wrapped around the body.

If you are like me and only use your compact camera for digiscoping having extra velco on the camera is not a problem.

The important aspect of this bit of kit for me is the piston and I'm more than happy now with it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Canon PIXMA iX6550 upto A3+ Colour Photo Printer 9600¹ x 2400 dpi
Canon PIXMA iX6550 upto A3+ Colour Photo Printer 9600¹ x 2400 dpi

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality A3 prints, 15 Jan 2012
I bought this printer Friday afternoon and it arrived on Saturday morning so the delivery was pretty impressive with the Express option.

The printer was a breeze to set up and within 20 minutes I had started to experiment with my first print outs.

Using Rymans 150 gsm photo gloss paper - currently on half price offer - I printed out some of my wildlife photos and were amazed at how high a quality the prints were. Using the high quality and border-less setting on glossy photo paper produced realistic and sharp images. I've now started to frame them for display around the flat.

I did try and print out a border-less A3 print using standard settings on 120 gsm matt paper but it was not so successful. It was an underwater picture from diving and the blues were to strong and bled into each other so it was not particularly sharp - acceptable at a distance but not so good close up. This is definitely built to deliver high quality photo images which is what I wanted after-all.

The only downside I've come across so far is having to find some space for my old A4 printer which had an inbuilt scanner. This is a large printer so there's no space left on the print station for anything else - but with everything folded in it is a very smart looking piece of kit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 22, 2012 6:06 PM GMT

Medley of change
Medley of change

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent track from Gamu, 22 Nov 2010
This review is from: Medley of change (MP3 Download)
It's great to be able to buy a track from the xfactor contestant Gamu. This is a great upbeat gospel number that you can watch her sing on Youtube.
I'm looking forward to buying the next two tracks that being released at the end of this month.
Gamu is certainly going to be a big star with sch a great voice and a voice that let's her personality shine through.

PURE EVOKE Flow, Portable DAB/FM/Internet Radio
PURE EVOKE Flow, Portable DAB/FM/Internet Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars The radio is constantly on, 6 Jan 2010
This is a great little radio that has very good sound quality. There is only 2 things that is of concern for me.

1. It does not run on batteries, you need to purchase the special recharge pack if you want true portability. It would be better to allow it to run on normal rechargeable batteries.

2. My stupidity. When trying to log on to my wifi connection I constantly failed because I forgot that passwords are case sensitive. The keyboard that shows on the interface of the radio is all upper case - to get to the lower case letters you have to press the more button. Once I'd figured this out then the radio connected up with my wifi easily.

The main reason for buying this radio was the ability to listen to internet radio. I like to listen to Christian radio stations which are in very short supply in the UK. Until i got this radio I would listen to digital stations through Sky but having the TV and sky box switched on is not a very energy efficient way to listen to radio.

I live in the mountains so the DAB radio facility is not great and a number of stations can not be received but the couple of Christian channels can be received OK on the DAB facility. I have not tried the FM facility so can not comment in this.

The internet radio facility is extremely good. Always sign up at the lounge for easy access to your favorite stations. In the lounge you can add your own media streams to your page which your radio can then tune into. I spent a couple of hours on the internet sourcing some goods Christian radio streams and now I have easy access to 30 radio stations around the world. Now with a couple of turns of the radio knob I can get the music I want to here when I want to hear it. It's pretty easy to add your favorite pod-casts to your favorite lists in the lounge which means you can easily keep up to date with your favorite pod-casters. The sound quality is really good with most stations and so for I have not a break in the transmissions. It does take 20 or so seconds for the radio to get the connection to the stream and to buffer the station but once tuned in it's pretty much solid.

The other good thing about this is that by downloading a piece of software from the Lounge I can access ll the music on my computer through the radio. I no longer have to disturb the neighbours by turning up the speakers when I go to the kitchen as the radio will play the music.

Overall I've really enjoyed this bit of kit. It's really brought radio back to life for me and the TV has taken a back seat once again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3