Profile for Deemus > Reviews

Content by Deemus

Deemus "Deemus" (UK)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Jun. 2008
Item arrived quicker than expected which was great. Looked good when first out of the box. However, the stone fell out within the first three days. Less than impressed!

Getting Rid of Matthew
Getting Rid of Matthew
by Jane Fallon

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 28 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Getting Rid of Matthew (Paperback)
I have to say, I read some of the reviews and upon reflection I think that some of them are a little harsh.
I personally enjoyed it and found it a real page turner. The subject may not be to eveyone's liking but I found it a jolly good read!

The Dogs of Windcutter Down: One Shepherd's Struggle for Survival
The Dogs of Windcutter Down: One Shepherd's Struggle for Survival
by David Kennard

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and realistic, 27 May 2007
What a wonderfully written book. I have to admit I finished it in a weekend.

David Kennard tells his story with a great deal of honesty. From the hard times brought about by the foot and mouth outbreak to his fear of noone wanting to come to his sheepdog displays.

He obviously has a great deal of respect for the countryside around him, his dogs and to some extent the sheep.

I'd thouroughly recommend this to anyone with an interest in rural affairs.

Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance
Blood, Sweat and Tea: Real Life Adventures in an Inner-city Ambulance
by Tom Reynolds

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly brilliant!!, 4 Feb. 2007
I was perusing Amazon as I often do and stumbled across this. As regularly happens, I thought I'd give it a go.

How pleased and yet disappointed was I that I finished the whole book in just under two days. As a previous reviewer mentioned, I too read it whilst brushing my teeth. Never before has a book grabbed my attention in such a short space of time.

My only concern was the lost and gutting feeling I experienced after finishing it, but no, I didn't call an ambulance!