Profile for mggareth > Reviews

The Ultimate Bourne Collection [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Franka Potente
Price: 9.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic action film, 23 July 2012
There are a few films that will bear watching twice; those that will bear watching again and again are rare indeed. For me, the Bourne trilogy are in the last category, and I can't tell you why - if I could, I suspect I would be working in the film industry. So when a blueray version becomes available at resonable cost, its a no brainer. If you like the films, buy this set.

Cover-Up Amazon Kindle 3 Keyboard (Global Wireless 6") Book Style Leather Cover Case (Black)
Offered by Cover-Up
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cover, 28 Sep 2011
I must confess to flirting with a cheap cover, which was good value for money, but after a close call, I wanted something more substantial. I did some research, and decided on this cover. It arrived promptly and was easy to fit, my kindle seems to be really held secure. The inside lining seems soft to touch, and appears to be soft enough not to damage the screen, but I doubt it would come into contact as the surround is quite thick. THe case feels lovely to the hand, like a top quality book, it is easy enough to operate the controls, I find it better than the naked Kindle as it requires a slightly more positive touch to turn a page. I was prone to random page changes before!
I recommend this case to anyone who treasures thier Kindle

Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
by Jamie Oliver
Price: 12.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooking for the reluctant, 18 July 2011
I confess. I am a reluctant cook, and had fallen into the ways of prepared meals and the blandishments of 'ping' cuisine. Jamie's books have shown me that it is very nearly as easy to prepare good food from fresh ingrediants, without getting all 'chefy'. You needn't stick too ridgedly to the recipies - for instance I just can't stand any chilli, but just leave it out - its your meal, you're in control. Go on, give it a go!

Canon Original Black PigmentInk Tank PGI-520BK
Canon Original Black PigmentInk Tank PGI-520BK
Price: 10.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Only the best will do, 18 July 2011
I have tried using compatible inks, and have suffered from variable results. I did not believe Canon's claims, but in this case they are right. If you want your printer to give the best possible results, I'm afraid you have to bite the bullet and pay up.

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing a bookworm home, 18 July 2011
For many years I devoured books avidly. Then for some reason, I could not finish a book for love nor money. I was bought the Kindle as a present and gave it a go, and have read more books in the weeks that followed than in years. So, if your book habit is stuttering, its worth a go.

Last of the Summer Wine - Series 13 & 14 [1991] [DVD]
Last of the Summer Wine - Series 13 & 14 [1991] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bill Owen
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless comedy, 18 July 2011
I useally do not have the patience to watch things time and time again. This series is the exception that proves the rule for me.

Logitech Squeezebox Radio - Black
Logitech Squeezebox Radio - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little music box, 15 Feb 2011
I work a lot at home, and I wanted to listen to music in Napster while I worked. It is possible to stream all sorts of media into the living room via our PS3 (and also play games on it I'm told). My first solution was my old laptop, but the sound was tinny, and not very loud. To plug in to a speaker system rather defeated the object of a portable music system. So research was carried out, and I admit to an awful lot of humming and hahing over the choice. Whether to go for a laptop? Very versatile, but expensive for something with decent speakers. A portable hifi with mp3 capabilities? I like to make use of my Napster subscription, and explore the wealth of music available, so no. But wait, what's this? A truely portable system to integrate into my wireless network, and will connect to napster? The only downside was the price, but I managed to convince myself it was cheaper than a laptop, so took the plunge. I have an Intel Atom based desktop system that I was going to use as a server for it, but found Logitech's net based server to work just fine. Very few drop outs,and nearly quick as using a server on my network. For some reason it was more reliable on the net squeezebox server too. Setup was easy, just press the button on the router, and find the option on the Squeezebox radio so it will 'talk' to the router, and done. Link up to the Logitech server, and let the box update itself. Load the Napster app and log in, and I was listening to music. It now sits in the kitchen, plays BBC radio to us in the mornings, and then accompanies me on whatever project I am working on. I find its audio quality more than acceptable, the range is good enough around our bungalow. Just the job - its providing the background music to this review, pity you can't hear it.
Why haven't you given it five stars, you ask. Well, for my purposes it really does need the battery. This is an optional extra - on a portable device???? And the cost of it seems excessive to me. Maybe it will come down in price, in which case my rating would go up.

Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Small
Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Small
Price: 9.98 - 49.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Secure walking at last, 28 Nov 2010
Last year I could bearly walk up the woodland path to walk the dog - this year I can stride out with confidence. In fact, it is only when I see the difficulty other walkers are having that I realise how teacherous it is underfoot. I let the price put me off last year, but a couple of heavy falls made me reconsider.

Karrimor Men's Rubber Wellington Wellies Green K157WGN157 10 UK
Karrimor Men's Rubber Wellington Wellies Green K157WGN157 10 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Green wellies, 30 Sep 2010
I have always gone for the cheap and cheerful wellies in the past, but I was tempted by these wellies as a) I have used Karrimor gear for years and always found it good, and b) they were in the sale. I wear them for gardening and walking the dog through woodland and on the mountain. They are close fitting, but the rubber is very flexible, so they are comfortable to wear. Now I have worked out a technique, they will come off my feet quite easily at the end of the walk. Really good value at sale price, but I don't think I could persuade myself to part with full price!