Profile for rebecca louise hollinger > Reviews

Content by rebecca louise...

rebecca louise hollinger

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Velvet Bee Women's Loopy Court
Velvet Bee Women's Loopy Court

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely shoe, 16 July 2010
I was really pleased with these shoes as I had previously ordered a pair of Velvet Bee ballerina pumps which I'd had to send back as they were too big. I also own a pair of their high heeled sandals which I had to have adjusted to fit better as the straps were too baggy so as you can imagine I was a bit dubious when I ordered these ones. Instead I can happily say that they are a perfect fit and very comfortable. They look good with skirts and trousers and the heel is not too high meaning they're ok to wear for longer periods.

J Shoes Women's Godess
J Shoes Women's Godess

2.0 out of 5 stars Something seriously wrong with the sizing!!!, 16 July 2010
This review is from: J Shoes Women's Godess (Apparel)
I'm incredibly surprised and disappointed by these shoes. Surprised because I already own 3 pairs of J shoes in size 4 that fit me PERFECTLY and are SO comfortable. Disappointed because I can't even get my foot into them let alone say they are a bit tight.
Sending these shoes back wasn't an option (long story - my fault) so I took them down to my local cobbler who ripped out the padded lining in the insides and replaced them with a thinner insole. Now they fit me (just) but are not as bouncy and comfortable as J shoes normally are due to the new lining.

J Shoes Women's Artemis Russet 35613 4 UK
J Shoes Women's Artemis Russet 35613 4 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Better in the flesh and bone than the picture, 29 Jun 2010
I kept looking at these in 'bone' colour. They seemed really pale and I wasn't sure they'd be the sort of thing I'd wear or not. Eventually I ordered them (mainly due to a price drop) and have discovered one of my best buys on Amazon so far. They are much darker than the photo (I'd describe them more as 'greige' - the colour everyone's raving about at the moment in the fashion mags) and they're SO comfy. I'd definitely recommend them!

Hard Hearted Harlot Women's Gust Court
Hard Hearted Harlot Women's Gust Court

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous shoes but a note about sizing!, 29 May 2010
These shoes are absolutely gorgeous but if you're thinking of ordering them please beware of sizing. I'm usually a small - straight UK size 4/European 37 but these shoes were absolutley enormous, definitely a UK 5/european 38. I tried putting in a size 5 insole but even that was swimming around inside the shoe alongside my foot.
Sadly I will have to return them but I've already reordered the size 3 so hopefully they should fit.
Other reviews I'd read about HHH were conflicting about sizes. I'd definitely say they're generous on their sizing.
P.S. - LOVE the cheeky box they come in!

Update a few months later: The size 3 fit but the shoes have never really softened up and the hard slippery soles mean they're not practical to walk in. Shame because they are beautiful shoes.

Killah Women's Silvia Boot
Killah Women's Silvia Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots especially for the price!, 27 May 2010
If anyone is not sure about these boots I'd say go for it. They are a bargain at this price. They fit well (wide enough at the top if you have fat calves like me)and are very stylish. I was surprised to see the shiny black heel which I hadn't noticed in the picture. Makes them even more unusual. The only negative thing I could say is that the lining is manmade so you might sweat a bit in them (if you're used to a leather lining like me) but who's complaining at this price?

Miss Sixty Women's Elizabeth Boot
Miss Sixty Women's Elizabeth Boot

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boots but a note about sizing..., 27 May 2010
I ordered these boots last year in a size 3.5 which should be a european 36.5 (as marked out in the sizing guidelines). However when they arrived they were a straight 36 which is a size 3, not 3.5.
Luckily they softened up and i managed to get quite a lot of wear out of them over the winter.
Just beware of sizing on Amazon. A 3.5 seems to be a 36 NOT a 36.5 as specified in the sizing guidelines.

J Shoes Women's Domino
J Shoes Women's Domino

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd got them in purple/pink too!, 13 May 2010
This review is from: J Shoes Women's Domino (Apparel)
I ordered these in green/yellow and I am REALLY regretting not ordering them in purple/pink too!They are REALLY comfortable, REALLY stylish, REALLY well-made and REALLY cool! They were the first pair of shoes I ordered off the internet and so I was a bit worried about the fit but they are fine. I didn't even have to wear them in. I was also surprised by the quick delivery service (they arrived 2 days after I ordered them.)
Everyone comments on them and I'm really depressed that they no longer have them in any colour apart from brown/gold as there were some really funky colour combos....

Techniques in Teaching Writing (Teaching Techniques: Eng Second Language)
Techniques in Teaching Writing (Teaching Techniques: Eng Second Language)
by Ann Raimes

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful if you're on a Delta course, 9 May 2010
This book is useful to any teachers who might be thinking of studying Delta or a TEFL course of a similar level such as the Trinity Diploma. It's easy to read without too much jargon and it has lots of practical tips for helping your students with their writing skills.

Velvet Bee Women's Pictures Heeled Sandal Purple 9962 4 UK
Velvet Bee Women's Pictures Heeled Sandal Purple 9962 4 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab sandals but..., 9 May 2010
I ordered these sandals in purple in a size 4 and they are fab for quality, style and even the fit of the actual shoe part. The only slight problem is with the ankle strap which seems to be made for someone with really thick ankles. The part where the straps go up to and around the ankle are a bit 'baggy' even if I put them on the tightest setting. This doesn't prevent me from walking in them as the foot fits so well into the actual shoe part but I will probably have to get them adjusted by my local shoe repair man as they look a bit weird with the straps bulging out. It could just be that I've got particularly small ankles but I've had a similar problem with another pair of Velvet Bee shoes so maybe they just tend to be generous on their ankle sizing. Those of you with dainty ankles beware!

Poetic Licence Women's Sultry Splash Boot Pink 3726-2B 4 UK
Poetic Licence Women's Sultry Splash Boot Pink 3726-2B 4 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I even wear them to bed!, 9 May 2010
I haven't taken these boots off since I got them out of the box! They are SO comfy and great for quality and style too! I ordered them in pink and wasn't quite sure what kind of 'pink' to expect as it was hard to tell from the photo. It turned out to be a really nice shade of browny pink which should go well with everything. Everyone's commented on them so far and all are amazed when I tell them the price I paid... I totally recommend these boots!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6