Profile for rebecca louise hollinger > Reviews

Content by rebecca louise...

rebecca louise hollinger

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Forever Natural Wooden Nail Brush
Forever Natural Wooden Nail Brush

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but...., 10 Nov. 2010
Very soft bristles mean this nail brush is pretty useless at getting stubborn dirt out from under your nails but it could be good for gently scrubbing your hands (so does that mean it's a hand brush rather than a nail brush?)
Something a bit odd is that when it arrived it was a nice flat wooden square. Now after only 2 or 3 days in the bathroom it's curled up into a boat shape...

BaByliss 5560DU 2100W Elegance Hair Dryer - Metallic Purple
BaByliss 5560DU 2100W Elegance Hair Dryer - Metallic Purple
Offered by LOWEST PRICE DOMESTIC APPLIANCES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 10 Nov. 2010
Was very pleased with this. I have long hair so while not being interested in fancy styling options I was interested in the fact that it would do the job quickly. My usual 10 minutes (after which my hair is usually still damp)was reduced to 3. Great!

Burt's Bees Head to Toe Starter Kit
Burt's Bees Head to Toe Starter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars A great travel kit, 14 Sept. 2010
I was really pleased with this set. I bought it for myself as a travel kit to go away for a few days. I knew the hotel would supply the essentials but I wanted a few of those little extras.
It's the first time I've tried this make and so far I rate the honey and milk body lotion as one of the best body creams I've ever tried and so I'll definitely be buying a larger bottle of it as soon as it runs out (it's still going strong - you only need a bit).
I like all the other products too apart from the cleansing cream which was too strongly perfumed for me and made my eyes sting, plus it was very thick and didn't seem to be very effective. Maybe it wasn't meant for the face? Which leads me on to my only complaint:
There were no instructions or indications about the products on the packaging. Strange, especially as it's a starter kit and intended to introduce you to the products...

Kangaroos Women's Appleby Lace Heel
Kangaroos Women's Appleby Lace Heel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, great, great, 25 Aug. 2010
Arrived today, great style, great fit (I'm a small 4 and these are just right as the tie up means I can adjust them)great quality, great price. I shall definitely be looking out for this make in the future.

Irregular Choice Women's Little Miss O Sandal
Irregular Choice Women's Little Miss O Sandal

4.0 out of 5 stars Confused by Amazon's idea of sizing yet again but got lucky, 25 Aug. 2010
If I were reviewing only the shoes these would definitely be a 5 star but the slight annoyance is with Amazon.

This is not the first time Amazon has sent me size 36 when I specifically ordered 3.5/36.5. They either need to review their sizing guidelines (i.e. say that a size 3.5 is a 36) or stop sending the wrong sizes.

On a lighter note, the sandals are beautiful, well-made and comfy. Despite its appearance the funky heel is fine to walk in and around the toe of the sandal there is a thin red velvet strip lined with gold either side that I hadn't noticed in the photo. If you want an unusual pair of heeled sandals that are comfy too, go for it!

Bruno Banani BS4.023.323 Ladies Stainless Steel Watch with Grey Leather Strap
Bruno Banani BS4.023.323 Ladies Stainless Steel Watch with Grey Leather Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain watch, 20 Aug. 2010
I ordered this watch out of desperation as my 'Breil' watch had fallen apart again and the replacement strap would have cost me way over £30. I'd already replaced the strap recently so I was pretty annoyed. I decided to buy this watch on a whim and I have to say I'm quite impressed.
The strap is much wider than I thought it would be but this makes for a very unusual watch considering its face design etc. The strap is a bit stiff but hopefully it will soften up soon enough.
I'm so impressed with this make that I've ordered a watch for my partner too as at these prices I don't think you can go wrong.

Irregular Choice Women's Oz Court
Irregular Choice Women's Oz Court

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit on the large size, 20 Aug. 2010
These are my first IC shoes and I have to admit that they live up to all expectations; funky, well-made, good quality, etc. but they were slightly on the large size. I sent them back and reordered the next size down. They were tight at first but they've softened up well now.
Great shoes but beware of the 'irregular' sizing.

T&F Slack Shoemakers London Women's Gesso Heel
T&F Slack Shoemakers London Women's Gesso Heel

5.0 out of 5 stars A shoe lovers dream come true..., 21 July 2010
I'm really into shoes (like most women) but I'm very fussy about the fit, style and quality due to having been spoilt after living in Italy for so many years. I have to say though that these shoes are AMAZING! I ordered them in size 3.5 (I'm usually a small size 4) as I knew that the quality of the leather would mean that they'd soften up even if they were a bit tight. As it is, they fit like a glove which is a dream come true as I often have problems getting the right fit.
The colour is even more beautiful than in the photo, much more of a deep wine colour than the reddish burgandy colour they appear to be.
I think my quest to find the perfect shoe at the right price is finally over...
If you're reading this review in order to try and make your mind up about buying them I can only say go for it!

Velvet Bee Women's Fan Boot
Velvet Bee Women's Fan Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and well made, 21 July 2010
I wasn't sure about these boots as I'm not a 'cowboy' boot girl and I never wear jeans but the amazing price and funky rainbow fan pattern convinced me to try these out. I have to agree with the previous review in that they are a lovely, well made boot and really comfortable. They are padded inside on the sole and are very easy to pull on as the part around the calf is quite wide but they fit the foot just right. The low heel means they'll be perfect for work, especially on those cold winter days... just such a shame it's 40 degrees where I live at the moment... roll on winter!

Audley Women's Muyin Bootie
Audley Women's Muyin Bootie

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky boots, 21 July 2010
I ordered these in red. I wasn't 100% sure as ankle boots aren't always flattering with tights and skirts and I'm not a jeans girl but I loved the funky heel and I couldn't resist the price. They are just as seen in the picture and the quality is great.
A note about sizing: I'm a slightly small size 4/37 and I have to admit they are a little loose on my feet but nothing that can't be solved with a thick pair of socks or a pair of insoles. I should probably have ordered the size 3.5 but I can't be bothered with the hassle of changing them as I don't live in the UK. So if you're someone who is between sizes order half a size down rather than up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6