Profile for ziggy_fan > Reviews

Content by ziggy_fan
Top Reviewer Ranking: 273

ziggy_fan (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Signal [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Signal [Blu-ray] [US Import]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it and would watch the DVD again, 2 Aug. 2015
Very imaginative, well acted and engaging movie. Enough twists and turns to keep you interested all the way through if you like a sci-fi mystery. There are some minor flaws, for example it leaves you wanting to know more ... But maybe that can be taken as sign of a good movie

Vax AP01 Air Purifier, White
Vax AP01 Air Purifier, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very quiet but works, 25 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use this in the bedroom and after a couple of days I noticed a difference both in the feel of the air quality and also in its effect. By the third morning waking up with much less irritation in my sinuses (I suffer from hay fever and dust allergy). The unit is very easy to operate, don't even really need instructions (other than checking how to chance the filter). The only down side is the noise, even on lowest fan speed setting it's noisy enough to keep me awake, but this is mitigated by the timer function, so i can leave it running for up to 8 hours on auto switch off (it has setting of 2, 4 and 8 hours as well as continuous no timer function) while I'm out at work for example and leave it off overnight. I have a cat and he doesn't seem to mind the noise so that's a bonus!

Philips M2BTBK Fidelio Wireless Bluetooth Headphone - Black
Philips M2BTBK Fidelio Wireless Bluetooth Headphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for wireless, 21 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Out of all the wireless headphones I've tried over the years, this is by far the best one. The only down side for me was working out the controls but that's probably because it's sophisticated in its concealment of buttons. So the main thing to watch for us thar the right hand side, which houses the volume/skip function, also has the on/off function under the main housing, operated towards the middle/front of the housing.

The pairing itself connected very quickly with my iPad Air 2, there was no need to use a code. The sound produced is extremely clear, in fact I heard details that I hadn't noticed before when for example listening to hot chip and django django's latest albums. I've also listened to classical (Nielsen's third symphony, Bernstein conducting) which wasn't as faithful as I expected, I think the very dynamic bass in this headphones masks the subtle acoustics of an orchestra.

There is a certain lack of immediacy in the overall sound delivery on wired compared to the Bluetooth connection, which isn't what I expected. I assumed it would be the other way round.

The padding is very comfortable but I would say the headband doesn't have a huge amount of give for people with the large head measurement... I would say I'm medium size and there is room left to pull out the adjustment on both sides for a muchbigger person/head.

The Bluetooth connectivity is excellent over distance ... I've walked to the other end of the flat and I haven't yet heard any drop outs. The sound quality over Bluetooth 4.0 with iPad Air 2 is much better than with my HTC one mini android mobile.

The set is supplied with a nice soft carry pouch, big enough for the headphones and the USB charging wire and the wired jack connector in case you want to use directly plugged into to your device.

Instructions are quite clear, concise, and they do need to be followed to get the best use and set up.

Highly recommended if you feel like splashing out on a pricey headset

Cetaphil 473 ml Moisturising Lotion
Cetaphil 473 ml Moisturising Lotion
Offered by Medideals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 18 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Handy all purpose moisturiser. It saves amassing various different types (hand, face, feet, etc) around the home (handy also to keep one at work, if you're prone to dry skin problems). Feels nice and natural once applied.

Braun VitalScan 1 BBP2000 Automatic Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor with Positioning Guide on Device

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Takes a few seconds to set up (unwrap supplied batteries and put in battery compartment), and then just wrap snugly around wrist, press power button and that's it. It seems accurate because it matches recent readings from my GP's measurements so it's a thumbs up from me. It also has memory function so you can see your progress. Make sure you hold your arm as described in instructions otherwise you get false readings (I tried it, it makes the difference of 15-20 units in both systolic and asystolic rmeasurements)

PetSafe Drinkwell Mini Pet Fountain
PetSafe Drinkwell Mini Pet Fountain

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Easy to put together, though the instructions are not entirely clear with regards to how much water to add before the fountain spout starts letting out water (basically both reservoir and front well need to be nearly full). It's not too noisy, but the hum is annoying enough if you have it anywhere near to bedrooms, so I've installed it in the kitchen which is the furthest area from bedrooms in the flat. The unit is all plastic but it's fairly sturdy.

My cat was curious from the start and went to it when I switched on. Smelt it, went away but came back half hour later and was happily drinking from it, and dipping his paw in and licking and drinking from the spout as well as the well area. Cleaning is easy, just lift the lid, pull out the filter and rinse it as well as the inside of the well and the reservoir. Really surprised how he's used it so regularly, so the verdict is one of recommendation. Ideal for cats large or small.

Sheba Tray Tender Pieces in Jelly with Chicken, 85 g, Pack of 18
Sheba Tray Tender Pieces in Jelly with Chicken, 85 g, Pack of 18

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My cat doesn't usually like chicken flavour wet foods, but he seems to have liked this one unusually even though it's it jelly (which he has also previously shied away from). Didn't clean his plate but there's obviously something more fresh and proper meaty about for him to like and eat most of it.

In terms of opening the tray, it's very easy but each time a little bit of the fluid/oil dripped out so you need to be extra gentle when opening, and then it comes out as a single lump of meat in jelly which you have to break up either in the tray before dishing out, or as I do dish out the entire lump and then break up in the cat's food bowl.

Philips S5130/06 Series 5000 Electric Shaver with Smart Click Precision Trimmer
Philips S5130/06 Series 5000 Electric Shaver with Smart Click Precision Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly great, 10 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very quiet, also glides quite smoothly even on my tough morning stubble, and gives a very close shave. Charges very rapidly and I can use it for a good 10 days every day before it needs recharging.

Being able to wash the head under the tap is very useful and makes maintenance much easier than dry only shavers. I'm not keen on the detachable trimmer because I prefer the shaver head and trimmer to be together so as not to faff around switching heads to trim and back again. It makes for occasional accidents when the shaver head comes off and the rotor lid at the same time and you get shaved hair dust spilling on the floor ... Not pleasant.

The wet shave works well, but I like the dry option better because it gives a close shave without all the mess of a wet shave.

Tefal Prelude Stainless Steel 2-Slice Toaster, 850 W, Silver
Tefal Prelude Stainless Steel 2-Slice Toaster, 850 W, Silver
Offered by Slamtech Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Chunky, 9 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While the toaster looks very chunky and industrial in style (which I like) it's actually quite lightweight. Very similar to most toasters with the cancel, frozen, reheat buttons but with the added advantage of a rack which you can pop up to warm up croissants or other non toast shaped bakery food. The normal toasting is good, thick bread slices comes out evenly toasted to your liking (using the variable toasting time dial) and thin ones also because the slice holder adjusts to the bread thickness as you push the lever down. The only thing is if you have home baked bread which gets a domed top, the round shape at the top of the slice sticks out a bit and doesn't toast so you have to turn it round and toast again briefly. Push up the lever after the toast pops up to help getting the slices out without burning your fingers. The walls of the unit stay relatively cool. The reheat and frozen functions work well.

Kensington SafeGrip Rugged Case for iPad Air 2 - Red
Kensington SafeGrip Rugged Case for iPad Air 2 - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very rugged, 5 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It looks a lot more solid in the listing photos. In actual fact the material it's made of feels like somewhere in between rubber and polystyrene. I do like that it does offer surround protection and if you drop it with your iPad in, yes it would almost certainly stop it from smashing, unless of course you happen to drop it where something sharp protruding up might hit the screen in the middle. It feels bulky to hold and after a while my hand and arm get tired. Fun to carry around with its handle though. The colour is quite horrid, not quite red, it's sort of a "cheap red". So a bit of a mixed bag for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20