Profile for maximus > Reviews

Content by maximus
Top Reviewer Ranking: 237

maximus (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
TRESemmé Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner - 900 ml
TRESemmé Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner - 900 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost immediate result, 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pretty good for dry but slightly thinning hair. Gives it a nice sheen without getting too bouncy but enough substance too look better than untreated hair. You don't need to use a huge amount. I massage it into hair and scalp for 30 seconds before the final rinse, leaving it in for another few seconds before rinsing. I guess if you want extra bounce, you can leave it in for a whole minute before rinse. This size container should last months for me as I keep my hair shortish.

Hario Cold Brew Mizudashi Coffee Pot with Integral Filter, Pack of 1
Hario Cold Brew Mizudashi Coffee Pot with Integral Filter, Pack of 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but instructions only in Japanese, 12 Sep 2014
Works very well, the cold brew coffee is tasty, but unless you can read Japanese, the instructions are near to useless other than being able to guess some of it from illustrations next to the text. I looked up google for recommended brewing times which seems to be 12-24 hours depending on your preference for flavour strength. A bit pricey for what you get but they're not widely available in UK so it's probably fair.

VIBE Slick Grip for iPad - Red
VIBE Slick Grip for iPad - Red
Offered by IvoryEgg

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a toy, 6 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The cover houses the iPad quite nicely but does make it look more like a
child's v-tech-type toy, if that kind of thing matters to you. For me personally,
I don't much mind as when placed sideways on it's moulded feet, it's
completely free standing and great for viewing movies just as if it were an
actual TV (but smaller).
It is however supposed to amplify sound through a specially shaped tunnel,
but I can't say I've noticed there to be any real difference, aside from the
slightest addition to of bass, but also some distortion.

In terms of protection, it's pretty good, if you're sharing the iPad with the family it means any accidental dropping would avoid the screen hitting the floor, because of the padded frame.

HTC One Mini Sim Free Smartphone - Black
HTC One Mini Sim Free Smartphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost impeccable, 5 Sep 2014
I find it difficult to fault. I've had this since January 2014 and so far it has performed impeccably barring one issue - when it is mid call and I have the mobile near my face, sometimes if I move it away slightly and happens to touch my or earlobe, it activates the loudspeaker which then hurts my ear! I think the trick is to just keep the phone right up against the ear so the screen stays black/inactive all the way through the call. As soon as you move it slightly the screen becomes active again and then there is the risk of touching the mute of speaker function. So the bad point out of the way, here are my favourite things about it

1. Slim and light, yet very durable metal casing, Even with back cover it looks like a normal smartphone (unlike it's bigger cousin the HTC one, not mini, which is basically a phablet and way too big for my needs. Past this size I prefer to use the ipad Air anyway for things that need bigger touchscreen.

2. Crystal clear screen with very sharp resolution

3. Internal battery, not removable, but lasts a long time

4. The intuitive Android OS

5. Very fast response, plenty of processing power to handle the superfast 4G

6. It's 4G capable!

Samsung UE40F6100 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D Slim LED TV with Freeview HD and 2 Glasses  (discontinued by manufacturer)
Samsung UE40F6100 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D Slim LED TV with Freeview HD and 2 Glasses (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by MTC Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 4 Sep 2014
Good value, good quality, feature packed, super slimline. The fact that it came with two 3D glasses was even better. There aren't many 40 inch TV's out there, and I'm glad I got mine before they started to be discontinued. The HD picture quality is amazing. 3D is also very good, but not as good as Sony's. I had to adjust the settings to be less sharp in the motion smoothness because the movies were looking like TV programs. So you lose a bit of 3D definition but your movie looks like being at the cinema again rather than watching a soap Opera. It took me about half a day of experimenting with the settings until I was satisfied with the motion smoothness for different types of functions. For the TV watching I left it with the factory settings, for Blu ray and Blu ray 3D I turned the correction down a bit. I googled various tech forums to find out about user suggested adjustments.

The smart internet functions for watching on demand are a massive bonus. I use the Netflix and Amazon PIV apps regularly and the likes of 4OD and BBC iPlayer are great to have too. There's lots of other apps but I find using my iPad for other browsing stuff much better and faster. Not a fan of checking twitter or online shopping via the TV screen!

The replacement or additional 3D glasses are not expensive at all so I bought an extra two for when there's people round to watch movies.

Samsung SSG-51002 Battery Operated 3D Active Glasses (Pack of 2) (New for 2013)
Samsung SSG-51002 Battery Operated 3D Active Glasses (Pack of 2) (New for 2013)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 4 Sep 2014
Great value pair of 3D glasses. It's what influenced my choice of 3D TV. For some time I was put off upgrading my TV set because I didn't want to shell out additional money (sometimes £100 for just one) for glasses which I felt should be included. But when these came on the market it made up my mind. The frame design is such that they go over prescription glasses quite comfortably. They work well, the only gripe I have is that the on/off light isn't that obvious (when you're done with them, sometimes I have to double check to make sure they're off because when they're on there is no "on" light). But the upside is battery life is excellent.

Oral-B Trizone 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun
Oral-B Trizone 4000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun

4.0 out of 5 stars mostly excellent, 1 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The toothbrush handset itself is one of the best I have ever used. The choice of pressing the start button to go through the cleaning modes is good ergonomic design and keeps the device free of additional buttons. The orange light at the back comes on if you press harder than necessary, presumably to save both tooth enamel and toothbrush durability. I particularly like the extra whitening mode (the third one in the cycle) which gives you a squeeky clean feel, and so if you use whitening toothpaste should give slightly quicker results. The trizone head is also good because it is the shape of a manual toothbrush, so you get the best of both worlds.

The only thing I don't particularly take to in this set is the idea of having the charger base slotted into the little storage case for additional toothbrush heads. The problem with that is you are likely to want the brushes in your bathroom, but if you want it slotted in with the charger base (as per meticulous design) then you need a power socket in your bathroom, which not many homes have these days, unless you have one of those shaver sockets above your sink like some newly furnished or newly built apartments might have (or hotel bathrooms). I have to charge my toothbrush outside of the bathroom because there is (rightly, for safety) no electricity socket in there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2014 3:26 PM BST

PaperPro Evo Compact One Finger 15 Sheet Capacity Power Stapler
PaperPro Evo Compact One Finger 15 Sheet Capacity Power Stapler

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and effective, 30 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not quite one finger. I thought from the description in the listing it would be very small, but it's only a little smaller than my old stapler. Having said that it is very light and it does work with one finger with a little effort. It has an interesting loading mechanism, where you pull out the cartridge/loader and turn the stapler upside down and load the staples in that way. When you press to staple you get a loud-ish purposeful click and the staple feel almost like it has been fired into the papers. The one I received came with one strip of staples already loaded into the cartridge. You will need to buy a box of extra staples when you get this, if you don't already have them for an old stapler.

Kong Snake Teaser, 53 x 9.5 x 5 cm
Kong Snake Teaser, 53 x 9.5 x 5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars He took to the toy straightway and it's fun for me also to watch him get all playful ..., 29 Aug 2014
My cat loves this. He took to the toy straightway and it's fun for me also to watch him get all playful with the feather bits sticking out of the snake head. It's a very cute toy, it's long furry and great value.

Proctor-Silex 60200-UK Commercial Drinks Mixer for Milkshakes and Frappes, 300 Watt, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome appliance, 28 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
From indredients to delicious berry smoothy in minutes. Out of the box it works easily, safely and a very soilid elegant and ergonomic design. Easy to clean and keep clean. The stainless steel mixing canister that comes with it is perfect too. Light but solid. Looks indestructible.

Considering it's a commercial mixer, it doesn't look out of place on my kitchen counter at home (I have a small kitchen).

The two speed power option is good, and the fact that you don't press buttons at the top to activate the mixer is convenient - it works by pressing the mixing canister up into a hidden sprung/pressure switch near the top behind the mixing shaft. There is also a useful little ledge that holds the canister in place while it's being used.

I was ambitious to try and make the berry smoothy because the mixer looks strong enough to do that (and it works); however it is strictly a drinks mixer so just be sure you know that this is not the sort of unit you would use for making smoothies with more solid fruit and certainly no good for frappuccinos (this mixer is not good for crushing ice). You would need a dedicated blender for that sort of thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20