Profile for maximus > Reviews

Content by maximus
Top Reviewer Ranking: 230

maximus (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hotpoint Multi-Functional Kitchen Machine, 400 Watt, Silver
Hotpoint Multi-Functional Kitchen Machine, 400 Watt, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost industrial in a good way, 21 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is solid no nonsense kitchen appliance. I've already used it for making carrot cake and also orange flavoured icing. The setting-up is intuitive and takes a few minutes from unpacking. Watch out for funding the splash guard, it's sellotaped into the recess of polystyrene padding so it's easy to miss as its a see through plastic guard. Don't throw away the packaging until you check evey item listed in the instructions.

The bowl and parts are easy to clean. Most food remnants wash off easily with minimum of washing up.

The unit is very heavy compared to other kitchen mixers I've used but the advantage is it sits solidly on the surface and u don't need to hold it to stop it slipping when fast mixing.

The gradual speed increase works smoothly so there is no chance of sudden unwanted surge. You have good control over it.

Plenty capacity for most home cooking use, and probable big enough for small café type shop.

The instruction booklet is the only bit that lets it down, it's not the most visually helpful or best structured I've seen, but that might be a personal preference thing. Also I am not sure what the flap at the top front is for and can't see it in the instructions. It's one for Google.

Health Aid CoffeeSlim - Green Coffee Bean Extract - 60 Vegan Capsules
Health Aid CoffeeSlim - Green Coffee Bean Extract - 60 Vegan Capsules

4.0 out of 5 stars Energy boost, 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Reduces appetite and I also feel a reasonable energy boost after my meal, reduces the cravings between mealtimes

Body Pure 1200 mg Raspberry Ketones
Body Pure 1200 mg Raspberry Ketones

4.0 out of 5 stars Appreciably de appetising, 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There is an appreciable de-appetising effect, although I'm not sure if it's from the raspberry burp you get shortly after swallowing one of the huge capsules or if it is a real metabolic effect half an hour or so after. I follow the instruction of taking around 20mins before eating (which means you need a degree of planning), To enhance the deappetising effect, in the mornings I take it with a shot of espresso. When I have my breakfast, I feel it keeps me going for longer than I normally can, so I don't tend to think of food then until much closer to mid day than previously. I also take one of these biffer evening meal. So twice a day.

Nature Pure Potent Raspberry Ketone
Nature Pure Potent Raspberry Ketone

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work, 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Dynamic Fat Burner 800 mg Coffee Bean Extract with GCA Natural Weight Loss Supplement - Pack of 60 Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Appetite reduced, 18 Sep 2014

Philips Shaver Series 9000, Wet and Dry Shaver with SmartClean S9031/26
Philips Shaver Series 9000, Wet and Dry Shaver with SmartClean S9031/26

4.0 out of 5 stars Very close shave, 18 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Extremely quiet, almost to the point that for the first few uses I kept think in it wasn't charged up properly. Also glides quite smoothly even on my tough morning stubble, and gives a very close shave.

The wet shave works well, but I like the dry option better because it gives a close shave without all the mess of a wet shave.

I'm not keen in the weird shaped cleaning system, and also the fact that the sideburns trimmer is a separate attachment, instead of the way most shavers have of as a flip up on the shaver itself. It might because of the shapely the shaver body.

The travel case is nice and a semi rigid shape for better protection, and the shaver has a travel lock function.

Dynamic Fat Burner 1200 mg Raspberry Ketones Capsules - Pack of 60 Capsules
Dynamic Fat Burner 1200 mg Raspberry Ketones Capsules - Pack of 60 Capsules

4.0 out of 5 stars de-appetising, 18 Sep 2014

TRESemmé Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner - 900 ml
TRESemmé Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture Conditioner - 900 ml
Offered by simplywebstores

5.0 out of 5 stars Very quick results, 14 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pretty good for dry but slightly thinning hair. Gives it a nice sheen without getting too bouncy but enough substance too look better than untreated hair. You don't need to use a huge amount. I massage it into hair and scalp for 30 seconds before the final rinse, leaving it in for another few seconds before rinsing. I guess if you want extra bounce, you can leave it in for a whole minute before rinse. This size container should last months for me as I keep my hair shortish.

Hario Cold Brew Mizudashi Coffee Pot with Integral Filter, Pack of 1
Hario Cold Brew Mizudashi Coffee Pot with Integral Filter, Pack of 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but instructions only in Japanese, 12 Sep 2014
Works very well, the cold brew coffee is tasty, but unless you can read Japanese, the instructions are near to useless other than being able to guess some of it from illustrations next to the text. I looked up google for recommended brewing times which seems to be 12-24 hours depending on your preference for flavour strength. A bit pricey for what you get but they're not widely available in UK so it's probably fair.

VIBE Slick Grip for iPad - Red
VIBE Slick Grip for iPad - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a toy, 6 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The cover houses the iPad quite nicely but does make it look more like a
child's v-tech-type toy, if that kind of thing matters to you. For me personally,
I don't much mind as when placed sideways on it's moulded feet, it's
completely free standing and great for viewing movies just as if it were an
actual TV (but smaller).
It is however supposed to amplify sound through a specially shaped tunnel,
but I can't say I've noticed there to be any real difference, aside from the
slightest addition to of bass, but also some distortion.

In terms of protection, it's pretty good, if you're sharing the iPad with the family it means any accidental dropping would avoid the screen hitting the floor, because of the padded frame.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20