Profile for salex > Reviews

salex

Anna Banana Band
Anna Banana Band

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD for both adults and children, 24 Sep 2014
This review is from: Anna Banana Band (Audio CD)
This has been a favourite with my 4 year old for a while. But to be honest i probably love it more than he does! I bought it when i had had enough of the usual kids sings - Grand Old Duke of York etc. it makes a great change.

You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever
You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever
by Marisa Peer

5.0 out of 5 stars its working so far..., 8 Mar 2012
Probably a bit premature to know whether a 5 star rating is appropriate but I read this book 5 weeks ago and so far I'm 1 stone lighter. I have not found shedding this weight at all difficult and I am feeling enthusiastic about my new healthy eating. I found the book an easy read and quite convincing re grains and dairy, enabling me to cut these out of my diet quite easily. I feel healthy eating habits have been re-inforced well by the CD - lines from the CD come back to me frequently, making things like portion control little effort.

I have however had a couple of wobbles and of course success is about long term results. I find that as long as I make time for the CD I am fine. My wobbles have been when I haven't listened for a couple of days - so be aware that in my experience for it to work you need to set aside half an hour each day - and not at bedtime when its too easy to fall asleep! Although it says you need to listen every day for at least 3 weeks, 5 weeks on I still need to listen every day.

While I know many healthy slim people who eat all the foods Marisa takes issue with, with another 2 stone to shed, I'm clearly not one of them. I'm therefore happy to "go along" with her approach rather than attempt to pick holes in it. The overall tone of the book is warm and positive. There was enough detail provided to convince me of the arguments. I've avoided explaining it to my husband however as he has a much more probing critical mind and could maybe question some of the science. If thats you then this might not work so well.