Profile for Ms. Sj Turner > Reviews

Ms. Sj Turner (UK)

Me Before You
Me Before You

5.0 out of 5 stars A cup of tea of a novel!, 26 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Me Before You (Kindle Edition)
A beautifully written and touching account of lives that are turned upside down. A young professional encounters an accident on his way to work that changes his life forever. Unable to continue his life as it was he has to employ a carer and endure 24 hour care. This storyline didn't immediately grab me as it wouldn't be the type I would usually read. However I was intrigued by all the 5 star reviews and it certainly didn't disappoint. The characters are endearing, the plot is gripping and there are a good balance of happy and sad moments. Overall this book teaches you about endurance and about how if you are presented with choices and freedom in life you should enjoy and embrace them. A book you will remember a long time after reading.

Sleuth [DVD]
Sleuth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine
Offered by SweetBuzzards

2.0 out of 5 stars Just weird! Good acting, disappointing plot!, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Sleuth [DVD] (DVD)
One word ... Weird! I was left questioning why I had watched this film/what had just happened! The opening is gripping with great chemistry between Caine and Law. The opening was quite dark, quirky and unpredictable with some humour. However, as the film went on the plot dried up and I just didn't believe the resolution/ending. Great acting but a poor end to what could have been a strange but decent film!

The Longest Holiday
The Longest Holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 19 May 2014
I read this on holiday in Thailand and it was really well written with heart warming characters and beautiful descriptions of exotic locations! It was your average chick lit with a bit of sparkle thrown in. I will definitely be reading more from this author.

Don't Wait for Me: How a Mother Lost Her Son to Bipolar Disorder and Drug Abuse
Don't Wait for Me: How a Mother Lost Her Son to Bipolar Disorder and Drug Abuse

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest, hear warming, tear jerking, 19 May 2014
A gripping read, I read this over two days. It is useful for those who want to understand bi-polar better, especially in terms if being more aware of the behaviour associated with this. I personally found the book comforting and sad but I felt glad I had read it as with experiencing this first hand it was an extremely cathartic read.

Over You
Over You
by Lucy Diamond

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to read on but more laughs required!, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Over You (Paperback)
I adore Lucy Diamond and immediately delved into Over You and read it pretty quickly. It does what it says in the title, we embark on a journey with the main character trying to get over someone. For me it didn't quite have the wow factor, in places it was a little unbelievable and the characters were perhaps a bit cold compared to other books I've read by this author. A good holiday read - but for me, I think it needed a little more sparkle.

Soul Surfer [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Soul Surfer [DVD] [2011] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 3 May 2013
I assumed this film would appeal particularly to dedicated surfers. I also wasn't looking forward to watching somebody lose a limb but my boyfriend really wanted to watch it so I reluctantly agreed. I'm so glad I did. It really makes you think about appreciating the important things in life and how anyone can achieve their dreams if they are determined. A lovely film with beautiful scenery too!

The Woman He Loved Before
The Woman He Loved Before
by Dorothy Koomson

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty chick lit with a twist!, 1 May 2013
Dorothy Koomson is one of my favourite authors. She always manages to create an unexpected ending which leaves u wanting to finish the book within the day!! As usual, a brilliant read!

The Vow (DVD + UV Copy)  [2012]
The Vow (DVD + UV Copy) [2012]
Dvd ~ Rachel McAdams
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A chick flick with a dark edge, 1 May 2013
I thought this film would be an average chick flick where a couple in a relationship went through some kind of crisis and then they eventually married. This is not your average love story and it really highlights how life can change within a split second. Having said that, the film made me both laugh and cry and I would definitely recommend it. My boyfriend enjoyed it too and he hates chick flicks as a rule! Great acting too. A must see!