Profile for Max M > Reviews

The Gap Yah Plannah
The Gap Yah Plannah
by Orlando

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very funny, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Gap Yah Plannah (Paperback)
Very well written and very funny, particularly the part about the bungee jump. Also has hilarious little drawings. A surprisingly insightful diary of a gap yah.

Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers
Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers
by Karyl McBride
Price: 8.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Jun 2014
I bought this as it was recommended by Dr Phil McGraw, a famous American psychologist, and it is absolutely brilliant. It will save you a lot of time and money on therapy if you know that you have/had a narcissistic mother, as it explains everything and gives you exercises to do so that you can overcome your past and forgive your mother if you choose to. Equally useful for both teenagers and elderly ladies. Karyl McBride is excellent at her job and shows great empathy.

Sony XDR-S10 DC 6V AC Power Supply Adapter
Sony XDR-S10 DC 6V AC Power Supply Adapter
Offered by Power-adapters
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Jun 2014
Works perfectly with the Sony XDR-S10 and is a nice sturdy adapter. I have used it for a couple of weeks and it is just as good if not better than the original Sony one that I got with the radio. Quick delivery also, thanks!

NIVEA Lip Butter Raspberry Rose 19ml
NIVEA Lip Butter Raspberry Rose 19ml
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best lip balm ever, 23 Feb 2014
Lovely and thick, soft, smells incredible (even boys have noticed how good it smells!) like raspberry/strawberry carte d'or ice cream, stays on, the tin lasts ages and is a nice quality, best lip balm I've ever used. Even in winter my lips have stayed really soft and I am very prone to chapping. This one slightly tints your lips a lovely very light pink like the shade of the tin.

Learn French with Paul Noble
Learn French with Paul Noble
by Paul Noble
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly good-don't waste time and money at classes!, 16 Jan 2014
I did GCSE French so bought this years later as I had forgotten nearly everything. This is brilliant and gets you up to a high GCSE standard again, but much much more than that. It sticks in your head for much longer than it did when I learnt it at school, and you have an excellent understanding of the French language. Paul Noble teaches you French how a child born in France would learn to speak it; by learning how to construct all the basic sentences. By the end of the 12 CDs (12 hours) you have an extremely firm understanding of a huge amount of French-all the basics I would say-that you can build on by learning new words, practice, and listening to French TV programmes etc. If you listened to this before you went on a French holiday you could order anything you want very easily and have a conversation with a French person (if it wasn't too long). You don't have to put in ANY effort, you can just download the CDs onto your iPod and listen to it on the train or when jogging etc. and he repeats things and leaves gaps for you to say things so that you are always engaged and it all just goes in magically. He has a pleasant voice, not to posh and not too broad, and very clear. Also he uses a French lady for the French speaking parts so you get really good at proper pronunciation. I think I will be getting the German and Spanish ones as well, although I'm not sure if I'd get on as well because I didn't learn these at school beforehand. I got this for 25 but it would be more than worth it at full price.

Game of Thrones - Season 1-2 Complete [DVD] [2013]
Game of Thrones - Season 1-2 Complete [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean
Offered by encorerecords
Price: 46.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Jan 2014
Game of Thrones is fantastic, if you get this box set fairly cheap you are in for a treat. A tiny bit like Lord of the Rings but much much darker and more believable as it is sort of middle-ages and sort-of fantasy. Also, brilliant (British!) actors. Both men and women would enjoy this a lot.

Step Brothers [DVD] [2008] [2009]
Step Brothers [DVD] [2008] [2009]
Dvd ~ Will Ferrell
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 16 Jan 2014
If you loved Anchorman you will love this. If you hated Anchorman, you will still probably love this because it's got more of a storyline and less of the plot is just about the funny quotes. A really really good Will Ferrell film, Reilly adds to the film just as much as Ferrell, and a very good film to watch with boyfriend/girlfriend/mates, anyone really.

Body Sculpture BE5920 Fan Elliptical Trainer
Body Sculpture BE5920 Fan Elliptical Trainer
Price: 89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 25 Aug 2013
At 90 it is fantastic. It's sturdy, simple, looks good quality, easy to assemble (although took me about an hour), nice and compact with no unnessesary bits so even fits into my tiny room and the display is useful to tell you how many calories you have burnt off and for how long you have been exercising (the timer pauses when you stop walking). It has a weight limit and I have read a negative review from a man of 17 stone saying that parts broke so I thought I should say that I am an 10 and a half-stone (size 14) female as weight might make a difference to the machine's performance.

You adjust the resistance manually on the machine (not the display as with higher-tech trainers) but I found a setting I like by tightening the belt once (won't have to tighten it again), and then I can reduce resistance easily by just turning a knob as I get tired. Very easy to use. Adjusts for short or tall people. I love cross-trainers because they work your whole body, are a combination of muscle-toning and aerobic exercise like running, and make you feel really good all over afterwards. Also if you set up a fan and watch tv while you exercise (which you can with this) it makes exercising a lot less boring. It makes a gentle 'whooshing' sound but it is not loud or unpleasant.

Sony XDRS16DP DAB+/DAB Digital Radio
Sony XDRS16DP DAB+/DAB Digital Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value digital radio, 17 Aug 2013
I shopped around for ages trying to find the best DAB radio and decided on this one. It is made by the trusted Sony brand, has an attractive 'new retro' design and two big speakers. Anything less expensive has smaller speakers, is less pretty to look at, or is made by a less reliable company (in my opinion only).
I have used it for a week now and I'm really pleased with it. It is really good quality-it looks as expensive as it was, or better. The black top part is lovely and smooth shiny black quality plastic (looks like glass-is great) and the dials have a high-quality feel to them and turn very smoothly. The display is simple and attractive. The wood-effect looks great and is easy to clean. The grill in front of the speakers also looks of a high quality. It has two great speakers that provide excellent quality sound as loud as you can stand. No distortion even when you have it loud enough to hear over ear-defenders and a belt sander! Very impressed.
Digital radio far exceeds normal radio and without trying to be drammatic it has changed my life: I am currently refurbishing a farmhouse and having Smooth 70's, Absolute 80's, and Absolute 90's makes boring jobs fun-there is also no sound distortion as I always had with normal radio.
The only possible downside is the price and that it is not battery operated, but most digital radios are expensive compared to normal radios and this one was relatively good value compared to other digital radios. Also I don't mind at all that you have to plug it in for it to work. Great radio, it would make a fantastic present.

Supersize Vs Superskinny: Take Control of Your Weight
Supersize Vs Superskinny: Take Control of Your Weight
by Christian Jessen

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful facts to live by from the brilliant Dr Christian, 17 Aug 2013
I found this book very interesting and refer to it when I fancy a whole packet of caramel digestives. Dr Christian gives you all the information you need to make great lifestyle choices (including advice on exercise) and keeps advice realistic, adding comments like 'my favourite is chocolate brownies' so you know he has the same weaknesses as you. His message is that knowledge is power and he gives you the facts so you can make good decisions and eat lots of lovely food without feeling hungry. The recipe section is fantastic and demonstrates the book's message perfectly: that great food is easy and cheap to make and very very tasty!
I think it should be available to buy when you visit the doctor and used in schools to advise children early on the real sustainable and enjoyable way to stay healthy (without damaging diets) so they can live a happy life without being ruled by food.