Profile for Mr T Davidson > Reviews

Content by Mr T Davidson

Mr T Davidson (Belfast, N. Ireland United Kingdom)

Ennismore
Ennismore

5.0 out of 5 stars I do believe in miracles, 27 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Ennismore (Audio CD)
Ennismore, even the name of the album conjures up a feeling of peace and rustic tranquility. Well really this is Colin's masterpiece - a tour de force of great singing, great songs and wonderful production by Chris White and Rod Argent. Stand outs are "I don't believe in miracles", "How could we dare to be wrong", Exclusively for me" and my own personal favourite "Every sound I heard" a track which I guarantee you will play over and over again and never forget. An album for people who love great music with a singer at the peak of his powers and cruelly neglected when the great names and voices of rock music are discussed. Please go to Ennismore and enjoy the experience.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2013 8:43 AM BST

Ry Cooder
Ry Cooder

4.0 out of 5 stars The start of it all, 27 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Ry Cooder (Audio CD)
As there is only one other review of this masterpiece I just had to lend a hand into leading other people into the music of good old Ryland. A magnificent guitar player and an o.k. singer, the two disciplines seem to gel with each other to produce music which at first seems too easy and lazy but once you get hooked you'll move on to the two later masterpieces "Into the Purple Valley" and the seminal "Boomer's Story". "Ry Cooder" his first commercial album is filled with Woody Guthrie style mid west folk and blues and finishes with three blues tracks, my favourite being Sleepy John Estes "Goin' to Brownsville". The other stand out tracks on the album are "How can a poor man stand such times and live", "Alimony" and "Do Re Mi" but really you will just have to buy the C.D. and get into the groove and listen to Ry's fingerwork and slide playing which at times is awesome. I liked this period of his music the best, as I am not into Texmex or his later Cuban styles, so if want to hear the early Ry at work with his excellent band of musicians, including Van Dyke Parks on piano, get this C.D. as your starting point. You will not be disappointed.