Profile for Ms. A. Kendel > Reviews

Content by Ms. A. Kendel

Ms. A. Kendel (Exeter, UK)

The Vision of Dhamma: Buddhist Writings of Nyanaponika Thera (Vipassana Meditation and the Buddha's Teachings)
by Bhikkhu Bodhi
Price: 12.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Buddha would be proud of it, 21 Jun 2007
Four years ago I knew nothing about Buddhism. Going on a holiday to Sri Lanka seemed like the perfect opporunity to at least get some insight. I realised I was more than lucky when I met Ven. Bikkhu Sumedha, an old Buddhist monk who spent more than 30 years living in a cave near Kandy. His wisdom, clarity of mind and optimism until the very end of his life are the memories which will always stay with me. He said that if you never pick up another book about Buddhism, The Vision of Dhamma will do. I ran to the Buddhist Publication Society in Kandy and got the last copy. The consequent year I went back with intention to buy as many copies as I can carry, to give them to my friends and anyone wanting to learn about Buddhism, but it was out of print. I can not describe how happy I was to see it newly published, here on Amazon. No matter how little or how much do you know about Buddhism, this book will be a constant source of Dhamma, encouragement and support. Enjoy.