ARRAY(0xbdf4e5f4)

Profile for dimsum > Reviews

Content by dimsum

dimsum

MIU COLOR Mini Pump & Grind Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Spice Mill Grinders, Set of Two
Offered by Union J Plaza
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, stylish!, 12 Dec 2013
I bought this as a gift for a young foodie relative. On the upside, they look really good, and grind quite finely. On the downside, they were smaller than I expected - about half the thickness of usual tabletop condiment mills (some might see this as an advantage!), And, if overfilled, are almost impossible to operate. Also, a little fiddly to refill without making a mess.

Viceroybedding Luxurious 3cm Visco Memory Foam Mattress Topper DOUBLE Bed With Removeable and Washable Protector Cover, ***Now Includes An Anti-Bacterial Protector / Cover ***
Offered by Viceroy Bedding
Price: 32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works miracles!, 17 Oct 2011
I bought this for my son at University: he's been having difficulty sleeping, last 2 or 3 years, so I sent this to him to see if it would help. He says he is now sleeping properly, and looks bright and cheerful for the first time for a while. His grades have got better too...!! (But maybe that's down to his having to do resits in the summer......)

Romanzo Criminale [DVD]
Romanzo Criminale [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kim Rossi Stuart
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 4.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Italy's answer to Once Upon a Time in America?, 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: Romanzo Criminale [DVD] (DVD)
Following the rise and fall of a street gang that took over organised crime in Rome in the 70s, 80s and 90s, this movie interweaves history, politics and fiction in an epic tale of ambition and betrayal.

It's a long film, but you won't notice that. Some of the acting leaves a little to be desired, but you will overlook that. Even some of the directing is a little clunky, but the sheer passion and pace of the story will keep you watching. There are plenty of surprises, and some unexpected - and well executed - humorous parts, and the violence is visceral and no more than you would expect in a story about organised crime.

Well worth watching.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2011 2:17 PM GMT

You're In My Head
You're In My Head
Offered by positivenoise
Price: 6.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Great girl band!, 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: You're In My Head (Audio CD)
A breath of fresh air in a jaded industry. This three-piece acoustically - minded group sing intimate songs of love lost and found, of relationships complicated and, well, less complicated.

Melodic close harmonies charm the ear and soothe the soul: with echoes of Suzanne Vega, and the harmonies of the Mamas and the Papas, it's well worth a listen.

Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Home Edition (PC)
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Home Edition (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly good!, 15 Sep 2010
I've been using voice recognition products for the last 10 years or more - as I'm paralysed from the neck downwards, I'm absolutely reliant on voice recognition software which will both transcribe dictation accurately, and control all the applications I need.

This version of NaturallySpeaking beats everything I've tried so far (cranky old IBM ViaVoice, versions 1 to 10). Quick, accurate, copes with background noise, stable - the last version of ViaVoice used to crash my PC every session, at least - and works well with every application I've tried, so far.

The accurate transcription helps keep spontaneity (you don't have to keep stopping to correct the mistakes) and has increased my productivity many times over. For example, it's taken me just a couple of minutes to type this review. I only had to correct a few words.

Just a few moans: the contextual help isn't, well, very contextual. You really have to hunt around to find the commands that you need to say, which isn't easy when you're starting out. And I can't find a way of getting NaturallySpeaking to boot up with my user profile already loaded when I start my PC.

Otherwise, I couldn't recommend this more highly.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2011 5:54 PM GMT