Profile for Ellsee > Reviews

Content by Ellsee

Ellsee

Page: 1 | 2
Fone-Case ( Black Carbon Fiber Wallet ) Microsoft Lumia 640 Case Brand New Luxury Carbon Fiber BookStyle PU Leather Wallet Flip With Credit / Debit Card Slot Case Skin Cover With LCD Screen Protector Guard, Polishing Cloth & Mini Retractable Stylus Pen
Offered by Fone-Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fit for a Lumia 640 LTE Phone, 22 May 2015
I bought this at a reduced price of £4.90 and at that price it's very good value for money. A perfect, snug fit for my Lumia 640 LTE phone and it does look good.

It would be nice if there was somewhere to attach a strap or lanyard. On the other hand, I couldn't find a suitable case that I liked that did.

The stylus pen doesn't seem to work, but that's possibly my phone rather than the pen. Not really an issue for me as they're dirt cheap anyway.

Manfrotto Compact Action Black Travel Tripod for Camera
Manfrotto Compact Action Black Travel Tripod for Camera
Offered by fotole-germany

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 28 Jan. 2015
My first tripod and it's certainly better than nothing, but I'm a little disappointed. You live and learn.

I've learned now that I should have gone for a tripod with a spirit level. I also wish there was a hook for adding weight for less stable surfaces and windy weather. Only little things but sometimes that makes all the difference.

The legs are fine - quick and easy to expand and collapse, and appear to be sturdy enough for me not to worry about them snapping. I prefer not to extend them fully though. The bottom sections are thin but I guess that's unavoidable. To be fair they do seem fairly solid.

The head does stick a bit when panning (I'm hoping this might improve with use), and there's some sideways movement to the head even when I've done everything I can to set my camera (Fujifilm Finepix S1, so it's not a heavyweight) in a fixed position.

I understand now why people will pay considerably more for a tripod. Unfortunately, we don't all have a budget to buy the best.

Fujifilm FinePix S1 Digital Camera (16.4MP, 50x Optical Zoom) 3 Inch LCD
Fujifilm FinePix S1 Digital Camera (16.4MP, 50x Optical Zoom) 3 Inch LCD
Offered by Discount-Select

3.0 out of 5 stars Video noise unbearable - only consider if you already have a camcorder, 28 Jan. 2015
I wanted this camera mainly for photography, but also for occasional short videos. I'm a novice in photography, but I'm happy with the photos I've taken so far in automatic modes. I'll update this when I've learned more about using manual settings.

I WISH I had taken more notice of other reviewers' comments about the terrible mechanical noise from the lens refocusing that, for me at least, means I with NEVER use my S1 for video.

There's a wind filter option that I've never used because I can't see that the wind would be anything like as annoying as the camera's own noise. I really only want to film wildlife and nature anyway, so some wind sounds might actually enhance my video. What makes it worse is that there's no jack for an external mic. I could have lived with that if it was an option.

For some reason I can't fathom there's no option to mute when recording in better quality modes. I'd rather have no sound that bad sound.

No sound is recorded in fast recording modes (i.e. low quality) which I don't want to bother with. No solution there then.

I've given 3 stars overall for now (to be amended later perhaps).

That's 4 stars for the photos I've taken so far on automatic settings (novice, remember).

ZERO stars for video. What's the point having good video if the sound makes it unwatchable? If I record a bird, I'd like to hear its song or call as well.

This was written in a hurry and does warrant updating at some point. I just wanted to reinforce other reviewers' warnings about the awful mechanical racket when recording video.

Did Fujifilm really think we wouldn't mind? A different make for me next time. I feel cheated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars and worth it, 23 Aug. 2014
It works perfectly on my Lenovo Yoga 8 tablet and the price is more than acceptable.

Creative SoundBlaster SBS 260 - PC multimedia speakers - 5 Watt (Total)
Creative SoundBlaster SBS 260 - PC multimedia speakers - 5 Watt (Total)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Stars, 23 Aug. 2014
I should have reviewed these SEVEN years ago when I first bought them, but just in case anyone comes across them second-hand I'll post this now.

They're still going strong and I still love them.

I've tried other speakers (for my laptop and tablet) but still can't wait to get back to listening on these. I even prefer them to my expensive Yamaha sound bar (which is not bad, by the way) because the sound on these little speakers is so much clearer.

I just can't fault them. They're worth far more to me that a mere five stars.

Evecase Posh Equal Lite W700 7" Tablet Neoprene Sleeve Case Slim Briefcase w/ Handle & Accessory Pocket / Ultra Portable Travel Carrying Case Sleeve Portfolio Pouch Cover - Black
Offered by BlueMall

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a few more millimetres needed, 23 Aug. 2014
I've had mine a few months, while hoping it would s-t-r-e-t-c-h a bit more to accommodate my Yoga 8 more comfortably. The webbing around the zip has stretched very slightly (not ideal) but it's still a very tight fit and I have to be careful not to damage the tablet's casing.

If not for this I would have given it four stars (five if it included any way of attaching a strap).

The width is fine and it might be OK for other 8" tablets, but it needs a few more millimetres in depth for the Yoga 8 with it's unusual design.

I'm going to get a better fitting case sometime, but still want to keep this for storing accessories (OTG adapter, USB stick, screen wipes etc).

BTW, it did take quite a while to arrive. BlueMall are based in the USA (California, if memory serves).

Lenovo Yoga 8-inch Tablet (Silver Grey Metal) - Tablet (Quad Core 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 3G, 2x Camera, Android 4.2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, as long as you don't want to expand storage, 23 Aug. 2014
I WAS very happy with my Yoga 8 until trying to mount a new Quomox 64gb sd card QUMOX 64GB MICRO SD MEMORY CARD CLASS 10 UHS-I 64 GB HighSpeed Write Speed 20MB/S read speed upto 40MB/S. Yoga 8 reported it as damaged.

Luckily, I've tested the card in both my desktop and laptop and it's absolutely fine. Glad I didn't falsely accuse the sd card suppliers of sending out a faulty product.

Now, searching for other people with the same problem I find there are far too many of us across a range of Lenovo tablets.

I'm keeping the sd card to use for backups on my laptop. That will free up the 64gb USB stick I was using for music on my Yoga (the main reason I wanted the card in the first place). I know this will work with my OTG USB to micro USB adapter StarTech.com Micro USB OTG to USB Adapter - Micro USB Male OTG to USB Female Adapter - USB On The Go Adapter, but the point was that I wanted something less obtrusive.

One thing's for sure. I'm not forking out more good money to try out different cards, and unless I see evidence of Lenovo fixing this and providing MUCH improved customer care in future I won't be buying any more of their products.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2014 2:14 PM BST

Offered by Sunwood-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I NEARLY sent this back, but..., 23 Aug. 2014
My Lenovo 8 tablet reported this as damaged so I almost returned it. That would have been unfair.

Before sending it back I tested it first in my desktop pc and it's fine.

The problem is with Lenovo. It turns out there's a problem with mounting sd cards in a range of their tablets and Lenovo are doing NOTHING to rectify the situation. Possibly something to do with FAT-formatting, but I don't have the time or inclination to delve into it and it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Product and packaging were fine. Happy with supplier (Sunwood-UK) and delivery.

It's LENOVO who need a kick for spoiling what was otherwise a good bit of kit.

UPDATE: I'm even more happy with it now. It's in my new Finepix S1 camera and works perfectly, despite not appearing on Fujifilm's list of "approved" cards. I'll be ordering another one for my camera, and possibly one or two more lower capacity ones for other devices, possibly the cheapest one available to try again with my Yoga tablet.

The Anatomy of Silence
The Anatomy of Silence

5.0 out of 5 stars Compilation, 1 Dec. 2012
ON EDIT - I WAS MISTAKEN - SEE MY COMMENT TO METALTOE. I'VE LEFT THIS HERE SO THAT HIS/HER REVIEW STILL MAKES SENSE.

If you're new to Diary Of Dreams and want to check them out order this NOW!

Anyone else, just be aware this is a compilation so if you're thinking of starting a collection of their albums, start with another one.

I nearly ordered this in my excitement at seeing a new DoD album, then realised I already have all the tracks. Glad I've switched off one-click ordering.

If/when a new album comes out with new tracks I'll be the first in line.

Sacred Spirit 2 - More Chants and Dances of Native America
Sacred Spirit 2 - More Chants and Dances of Native America
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Decide for yourself, 3 Dec. 2009
As Mueed said in his review, don't be put off by others. We all listen to the music we like for ourselves, not to please someone else.

Music purists can be as bad as wine snobs (you must drink this posh plonk even if it tastes like vinegar because I say so).

Surely the definition of music is that it's pleasing to the listener. YOU are the listener - YOU decide.

What really matters is that respect for the roots of any traditional music and the people who created it is upheld and the pure form is remembered for posterity. Thankfully there will always be people who will do that. Many of them will be musicians who can also appreciate different arrangements.

As far is I'm concerned there's no disrespect here. Far from it. I will also note other more traditional CDs recommended here and probably invest there too.

This is NOT equivalent to contemptible advertising rip-offs of classic or classical music to avoid paying royalties to deceased composers or performers.

And talking of rip-offs, I wonder why this CD is so expensive. OK it's an import, but Sacred Spirit 1 isn't so I'll look elsewhere first before buying it from Amazon.

I've loved Sacred Spirit 1 for 15 years and never tired of it. I think it's about time I bought Sacred Spirit 2 now. My ears - my decision.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2010 10:44 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2