Profile for Ren > Reviews

Content by Ren

Ren

LG Google Nexus 5 Leather Case / Cover (Handmade Genuine Leather) - D820 D821 - Horizontal Pouch Type (Black) by Pdair
Offered by BatchMart

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, top quality, 14 Feb. 2015
I had this case for my previous phone and loved it, so when I got my Nexus 5 I knew exactly what I wanted. The only reseller was in China, so I had to wait a little while to get it, but it was well worth it. The materials, manufacture and design are all top notch. The fit is perfect - snug, but (thanks to the design) the phone is still quick and easy to remove. It is nicely padded, but not overly bulky, and the whole thing has a real quality look and feel. There is a sturdy belt clip on the back (non-removable). The thing I like about the horizontal design, is that you can wear it on a belt and it doesn't get in the way when you are sitting. I had my previous PDair case for two years and it looks as good today as it did when I got it.

Suma Organic Crunchy No Salt Peanut Butter 340 g (Pack of 6)
Suma Organic Crunchy No Salt Peanut Butter 340 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 May 2014
My favourite peanut butter. Its got a great texture and taste, and there is no added oil (I've never understood why some companies insist on adding more oil to peanut butter, it seems completely unnecessary).

The Curious History of Joshua Ramdinkka
The Curious History of Joshua Ramdinkka

4.0 out of 5 stars Curiosity, 7 May 2014
This is an interesting book with a very distinctive voice. I like the setting and the weird characters but the first time I read it, I thought it was all a bit rambling. It wasn't until someone pointed out something I had missed that I realized it isn't really random at all. And that is the problem with this book, it is too too easy to miss key points... or just miss the point. It feels like the kind of book that could end up with a cult following, with people debating what it all means, but for the rest of us its more of an interesting curiosity.

BRAND NEW AMARA GYM / WEIGHT LIFTING TRAINING GLOVES WITH WRIST SUPPORT *LARGE*
BRAND NEW AMARA GYM / WEIGHT LIFTING TRAINING GLOVES WITH WRIST SUPPORT *LARGE*
Offered by SOLID-FITNESS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves, good wrist support, 20 Jan. 2014
I use these gloves with York dumbbells with the metal grip and they have performed extremely well. They are very comfortable to wear with good padding on the palm, the Velcro wrist support is a nice feature that works well. I was concerned that the pads on the palms would shred fairly quickly but actually I have found them to be very durable (although I only do moderate level workouts 2/3 times a week).

iMobi Accessories Motorola Razr i Brown Premium Leather Pull Tab Case Cover Pouch (L)
Offered by iMobi Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Budget Case, 20 Jan. 2014
I'm not convinced this is designed specifically for the Razr i, but it offers a reasonably snug fit - although one good shake would easily dislodge the phone . There is a pull tab to allow you to lift the phone, although this isn't really necessary given that it slides in and out quite easily. Also the tab isn't elasticated, so once the phone is removed it just hangs there until you tuck it back in or put the phone back. The case itself is quite thin, so it won't offer much protection if dropped, but the interior is nice and soft. The exterior is leather-effect plastic - visually it does a reasonable impression, but it definitely has that waxy vinyl feel in the hand. Given the price, there is nothing particularly wrong with this case, but I decided to splash out on a better case almost immediately.

Sony SGPCV5 Natural Rubber Dual Purpose Cover and Stand for Xperia Tablet Z - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but expensive, 19 Jan. 2014
The thick end of £50 certainly seems like a lot to pay for a cover but, like other reviewers here, I've had the experience of buying cheap and ending up having to buy two (or even three cases) before I found one that was up to scratch. As you would expect, this is a well designed case that fits the Xperia Z perfectly. The Xperia Z is incredibly thin and this case has been designed to add a minimal amount of bulk and it does it very well. To achieve this the leather is very thin and quite smooth and it doesn't immediately shout 'leather' when you look at it, although it certainly doesn't look cheap. Opening and closing the cover wakes the device or puts it back to sleep - this feature works far better than on some tablets I've owned in the past. Overall, not cheap, but does the job very well.

Suma Organic Bombay Mix 250 g (Pack of 6)
Suma Organic Bombay Mix 250 g (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 19 Jan. 2014
A delicious and extremely moreish mix - not too spicy. I've always been impressed with the quality of Suma products (their peanut butter is also excellent).

Sony SFPDS5-CE Xperia Tablet Z Docking Station
Sony SFPDS5-CE Xperia Tablet Z Docking Station

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice addition to your Xperia Z, 19 Jan. 2014
I purchased this dock primarily because I didn't want to be constantly opening and closing the little flap that covers the charging socket, this certainly makes life easier. As you would expect with Sony, it is a nice piece of design that complements the Xperia Z well. One thing to note is that it doesn't come with a charging cable, so you have yo use the one that came with the tablet (or buy a second), which is slightly annoying - especially given the price. Overall, not exactly an essential purchase but a nice addition nonetheless.

Sony Xperia Z 10.1 inch Tablet (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB Storage, WiFi, 2x Camera, Integrated Graphics, Android  4.2)
Sony Xperia Z 10.1 inch Tablet (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5GHz Processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB Storage, WiFi, 2x Camera, Integrated Graphics, Android 4.2)
Offered by B&RDeals

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Tablet, 19 Jan. 2014
I've owned the Xperia Z tablet for about 7 weeks and I find it very difficult to fault. It is a beautiful looking tablet and incredibly thin. The screen quality is excellent, although the image isn't quite as punchy as I was expecting, but that is being really picky. One thing I had seen criticised in other reviews was the battery life and charging times and this did concern me a little, but I have actually been pleasantly surprised, while it certainly isn't exceptional in either area, I have found it more than acceptable (I usually run my tablet quite low before charging and I reckon it takes between 4-5 hours to charge fully). Otherwise this is a very responsive and slick tablet that has run everything I have thrown at it with ease. The only minor niggles would be the mini USB plug doesn't seem to fit as securely as in other devices I have (although it seems to function fine) and it would have been nice to have a slightly longer charging cable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2014 4:04 PM GMT

Manga Studio For Dummies
Manga Studio For Dummies
by Doug Hills

3.0 out of 5 stars Manga Studio 4.0 users be aware..., 28 May 2011
This is a good book covering both the use of the Manga Studio software and the concepts of comic creation. However be aware that this book has not been updated for the latest version of Manga Studio (4.0) hence the three star rating. I am a newcomer to Manga Studio but as far as I can tell this book is based on version 3.0 and there seem to have been a number of features added/merged as well as tweaks and changes to the interface in the latest version, so be prepared for some detective work as you try to follow the steps outlined in the book. I know Dummies books often get revised, so check the product description as it will probably get updated at some point. On balance, I still think this was a worthwhile purchase (especially at less than a tenner) and, of course, if you are running version 3.0 this is going to be an excellent beginners guide.