Profile for Christopher C. > Reviews

Content by Christopher C.

Christopher C.

Empire
Empire

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best Queensr˙che album, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Empire (Audio CD)
The title for best Queensr˙che album is definitely tied between Empire and Operation: Mindcrime.
This album is a masterpiece, and besides every song being nothing less than amazing, the attention to detail on every song is unbelievable. Every time you hear one of the tracks again, you notice some small little detail that you never noticed before. A must have for any hard rock or metal fan.

Boston
Boston

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic album, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Boston (Audio CD)
Every song on this album is great. The guitar sound is iconic and Brad Delp's ear-bursting pitches and harmonies are like nothing you've ever heard.

SONiVO SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Gold Steel
SONiVO SoundWave SW100 Rechargable Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Gold Steel
Offered by FoneM8store

4.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker, although highs are a little too sharp, 21 May 2014
The SW100 is a great little speaker. I bought it after purchasing the Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver and discovering that the sound quality that the Belkin delivered was atrocious. I therefore opted for a small bluetooth speaker instead of a bluetooth receiver for my larger speakers. With this speaker I can lie in my bed and watch movies with good sound quality, or listen to music. The speaker is surprisingly small but fills the whole room with sound. The low frequencies are amazing compared to the compact size. The mids lack slightly, although they are still impressive, but the highs are a little too hissy. This problem can be fixed with a little EQ'ing on the device that you are pairing the speaker with. The speaker rarely cuts out or loses connection.
All in all a great little speaker. I would definitely recommend it.

Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver
Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver
Offered by Ballicom International

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality and range, 4 Nov 2013
When hearing music through this device (whether it is from my computer or my iPhone), the quality is significantly reduced. It sounds like the entire track has flanger on it (especially guitar and snare) - very metallic and gritty. The frequency area which is highlighted in vocals is very compressed, resulting in quiet vocals. The range is disappointing, and lying on my bed 12 ft away from the receiver results in the sound cutting out every time I raise my legs to have my computer on my lap. There are better products than this out there. I'd strongly recommend buying a higher quality receiver.

Also, if you DO make the mistake of purchasing this receiver, you will have to pry open the device to remove the pointless metal plate inside it, or the range will be absolutely horrific.

Original Album Classics
Original Album Classics

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing album, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Original Album Classics (Audio CD)
I would have liked to give this product a 5 star review, but unfortunately a massive mistake on Sony's part prevents me from this. To put it simply: On the back of the case it says that this is a collection of the first five albums with Steve Perry. This is not true. It is a collection of their 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th albums, excluding the first three not featuring Steve Perry. They have forgotten 1980's "Departure". A shame, because it is a significantly better album than "Raised on Radio", which, if Sony had remembered the correct chronological order of Journey's albums, wouldn't be included in this album collection. That said, this is a collection of five great albums, and since my car does not have a cable to connect music playing devices such as my iPhone, it is very nice to be able to hear great music in spite of this.

Street Level
Street Level

5.0 out of 5 stars What a masterpiece - solid hard rock debut, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Street Level (Audio CD)
Street Level will rock your speakers in every way. It is an 80's influenced hard rock gift from the gods. It has music for all occasions: There are straight up hard rock songs like "Turn It Up", "Cherry Bomb" and "Worlds Collide", more complex songs such as "Invincible", the 80's ballad "Dreaming", and "Shine", which almost brings a tear to my eye.
The band have had a lot of work to do, and it has clearly paid of. This album is possibly the best in my collection. A must-have.

The Power of Five: Oblivion
The Power of Five: Oblivion
by Anthony Horowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars The epic conclusion to a mind blowing series, 25 Oct 2012
It did the Five justice. This book is beyond imagination. Brilliantly written, well thought through. The way Anthony Horowitz has written the final installation to the Power of Five series is ingenious. We follow the story from all kinds of perspectives, the twists and subplots in the story are those of a mastermind, and the ending is utterly brilliant. Not the bittersweet ending that I, deep down, was half-hoping for, but the ending it needed and deserved.
And if you're worried that the book might be too long (668 pages), don't be. I read it in a week. Every page has you eagerly reading, not wanting to put it down. The further away the ending, you'll think, the better.

Buy this book. And if you haven't read the others, buy them too. Another work of art by Anthony Horowitz. An honour to be able to read it.

SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper
SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke unexpectedly after two months, 2 Oct 2012
I thought the headphones were alright, not the best sound ever. Then, I heard some music with them, biked to my gym, plugged them in and the left one didn't work. The connection is suddenly very loose at the head. I should hope I can return them, as they are obviously very delicate. I shall not be buying SoundMAGIC again.

Ah Via Musicom
Ah Via Musicom

5.0 out of 5 stars A rock experience like no other., 16 Sep 2012
This review is from: Ah Via Musicom (Audio CD)
Where do I begin? This album is amazing. Eric Johnson has a way of making any guitar come to life. The elements used in this album stretch from simple guitar tone configuration to sparkly chimes and soft cymbals and all the way to hard rock solos. It has everything.
Johnson's voice is simply magical, especially on a song like "Forty Mile Town". Combined with a smooth bass, astoundingly beautiful guitar licks and even a nice jazzy saxophone, it can move you to the verge of tears. That song could make anyone fall for him,
He throws a couple of upbeat tunes in there too, like "Steve's Boogie", which is a nice change in genre. "Cliffs Of Dover" is of course a magnificent song, and at times makes you wonder if Eric Johnson is god himself in the form of a rock star. He can do things with a guitar that we "mere mortals" only dream of.
Buy this album. It really isn't an option, it is a must. You will not regret it.

Iron Maiden: Visions Of The Beast [DVD]
Iron Maiden: Visions Of The Beast [DVD]
Dvd ~ Iron Maiden
Offered by dutchtoni

4.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of Maiden videos!, 17 Aug 2012
I came across this item looking at Maiden's discography, as I am a huge Iron Maiden fan and have all their CD's. I thought it would be great having a collection of their music videos, and despite many reviews stating that the DVD has "bad quality", I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. The sound is great and the picture, well, considering the fact that many of the videos are from the 80's, is impressive. Naturally you shouldn't expect 1080p crystal clear image on the Di'Anno videos. If you like Maiden, I recommend you buy such DVD's as "Live After Death" before this one, as an Iron Maiden concert is more enjoyable, but if you've seen their concerts or you're a die hard Maiden fan, this one is definitely recommended.