Profile for Dan > Reviews

5L Pump Action Pressure Sprayer - use with water, fertilizer or pesticides
Offered by Vinsani
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pump, 1 Aug 2013
This pump does exactly what it says. I have used it with a fungicide and it will adjust from a fine mist to a direct squirt without mess. Don't forget to use the pressure release valve before trying to open it or you will end up with a face full of whatever you are using!

Bayer Systhane Fungus Fighter 300ml
Bayer Systhane Fungus Fighter 300ml
Offered by Roukenglen UK
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Cured my apple tree, 1 Aug 2013
I bought this in July to try and fix my apple tree which has been suffering from scab since last year. After three treatments a fortnight apart, the tree is looking in much better health and has stopped dropping apples. All of the new leaves are scab free and the existing scabby leaves are slowly drying out and dropping off. I will give it another treatment soon and then again in the autumn when the leaves have dropped. This should kill off any remaining fungus and protect it for next year.

I also used this on my roses and clematis which had another kind of fungus. It worked on the clematis but the young rose plant is still struggling.

Wireless / Cordless Digital Doorbell 100M Range 32 Different Tunes - White
Wireless / Cordless Digital Doorbell 100M Range 32 Different Tunes - White
Offered by Xpress Retail
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cheap solution, 1 Aug 2013
After looking at many reviews for different wireless bells, I opted for this one which was for my gran. It arrived quickly and was easy to set up. There seem to be loads of melodies, most of them are bad but you can opt for a simple 'ding-dong' if you don't want a christmas tune or oriental ditty. I liked the 'ding-dong, sawadee ka' but my 87yr old gran wasn't keen.

It also flashes which is great for those hard of hearing.

The only downside is that on the button part, the battery isn't very secure so I used a bit of insulating tape to keep it in place. Hopefully it will survive the British weather over the winter.

King British Bloodworm (7g)
King British Bloodworm (7g)
Offered by Paws and Claws Pet Shop
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bloody worms!, 1 Aug 2013
Great product. Add some dietry variety to your aquarium with these and the fish go mad for it! I use sparingly once or twice a week and I genuinely think my platys, orandas and danios look healthier.

Wash your hands after using as I believe you can develop an allergy to the larvae!

King British Algae Wafers (100g)
King British Algae Wafers (100g)
Offered by PONDWORLD AQUATICS SUPERSTORE LTD
Price: 2.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Cloudy water, 1 Aug 2013
I bought these for my long nose snail and chinese sucking loach as an addition to the general bits and pieces they find at the bottom of the tank. I put three in my 60L filtered tank to start with and this was clearly too much as within half an hour I had very murky looking water. I have only added one at a time since and this seems to be ok. At the rate they are being used, they will probably still be hanging around after the expiry.

The other fish like to have a go at it as well. I'm sure they are good quality and they are good for adding a bit of variety to you fishes diet.

Draper DIY Series 26381 39-Piece 1/4 and 3/8-Inch Socket Set
Draper DIY Series 26381 39-Piece 1/4 and 3/8-Inch Socket Set
Price: 14.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 1 Aug 2013
I bought this set to complete my tool kit and didn't want to spend a fortune on something I'd only occasionally use. I have used it successfully to remove the tail light unit from a VW Golf and found it very easy to use and had all the bits required for a tight space.

There are all the bits and pieces you will need for general odd jobs but may not be suitable for heavy use such as car wheel bolts or high torque requirements due to the short handle. The only complaint is the packaging. As it is very thin plastic which appears to be for display purposes, it is not going to survive long so I will soon have loose pieces in my toolbox or in a different container.

That said, very good for the price.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slippers!, 29 July 2013
I bought these slippers in November 2012 and thought I should review them after 9 months of wearing them for most of the day every day since. They have only just worn out and need replacing. They are snug when new so a larger size is a good idea but they are extremely comfortable and kept my feet warm through extermely cold weather over the winter. As they have a thick sole, they have also endured many trips through the garden.

I can't recommend these enough for the quality and comfort not to mention the durability!

Motion Detecting Solar PIR Utility Light / Floodlight / Security Light with 7 metre activation

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work!, 2 July 2013
After purchasing this item from the Sharper Edge via a Groupon Deal, I charged it outside for the stated duration before installing. This was a problem in itself as the instructions state that it must be switched on to charge.For some reason, the light came on immediately in bright daylight and stayed on for a while. I had to turn to turn it off at night to avoid it activating before being fully charged then back on again in the morning. After 2-3 days, I installed the light with the solar panel above a south-east facing door and the light on an adjacent wall. On the first activation after dark, it immediately reactivated after turning off despite there being nothing there to activate it. It did this repeatedly for about an hour before I switched it off completely.

I sent the unit back and it was replaced but the new unit did exactly the same and completely failed after about a week. As well as this, even if it did work, the light emitted makes a very small area no brighter than a mildly moonlit night (similar colour light). I have now asked for a full refund and will wait and see if this is granted.

So far, customer service from The Sharper Edge has been great but this particular product is not worth the 16 I paid, let alone the full 35 price tag.

Redex RDX06 250ml Diesel Treatment Fuel System Cleaner
Redex RDX06 250ml Diesel Treatment Fuel System Cleaner
Offered by E2 TRADE
Price: 4.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't notice any difference..., 21 Jun 2013
I used this in my Golf GT Diesel engine and although I'm sure that it will have cleaned the fuel system somewhat, I didn't notice any difference in performance. Maybe it needs to be used regularly to make a difference. I have read that the additives in good quality fuels do the same job, so Redex may well be redundant! I won't be buying again unless I have a specific fuel system issue as it is a low cost first option.

Tung Brush for Treating Bad Breath and Tongue Gunk
Tung Brush for Treating Bad Breath and Tongue Gunk
Offered by Pharmacy Place
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice clean tongue!, 21 Jun 2013
I am verging on OCD with my oral hygiene as I am aware of how easily my breath deteriorates! I have a very rough tongue and have used scrapers in the past which have been ok. This brush arrived and I was sceptical that it could remove more than a scraper but it proved me wrong! The first time I used it, my tongue looked the cleanest it had ever been and had no nasty white gunk! It also came with a free sample of a special gel to use with the brush but I haven't used this yet.

This brush leaves your mouth feeling nice and clean and so far is the best tongue brush/ scraper I have used to date!

Page: 1 | 2