Profile for Nick Robinson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
In Times Like These: A Time Travel Adventure
In Times Like These: A Time Travel Adventure

2.0 out of 5 stars Found it rather boring and convoluted, 31 July 2015
Meh, it whiled away an evening or two and for free I shouldn't complain. On the whole though, the plot was thin, the characters too cardboard to care about and as it leapt around through time I just got bored and was waiting for it to be over. Could have done with an object (silly plot macguffin) to help me time-travel to the end.

World War
World War

1.0 out of 5 stars deleted instantly, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: World War (App)
Do not get this app it is a waste of your time. I would give it one star if I could it is terrible.

Township
Township

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Township (App)
I'm not just writing this for in game resources I genuinely love this game. The graphics are awesome and you can progress in the gameplay without in-app purchasing and it's free so give it a go

Block City Wars - Multiplayer FPS Shooter in minecraft style
Block City Wars - Multiplayer FPS Shooter in minecraft style

1.0 out of 5 stars I hated this, 1 Mar. 2014
It is a complete waste of money. Do not believe the other reviews and the driving does not work and the only way to play is to part with your money. I would have given this no stars if I could.

Battle Beach
Battle Beach

4.0 out of 5 stars really good, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Battle Beach (App)
I enjoyed this game and you can play it without having to do in app purchasing it is also addictive and enjoyable

Berghaus Men's Spectrum Hat - Thunder, Large/X-Large
Berghaus Men's Spectrum Hat - Thunder, Large/X-Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Big, 17 Jan. 2014
Great hat, but the large/xlarge is way too big for my usually quite big head.
Better sizing info would be very helpful, as it's just cost me £6 to return!
Bought the small/medium instead, which is still not at all tight like some beanies.

Livescribe 2GB Wifi Smart Pen
Livescribe 2GB Wifi Smart Pen

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Fit for Purpose, 4 Dec. 2013
I've just finished a 3-day attempt to trial this product.
Despite reading many negative reviews here, I so wanted it to work that I thought I'd give it a go myself.

I could forgive most of the short-comings described by previous reviewers, many of which are actually a result of having to shift to Evernote to make use of this device. I'm a big Evernote fan and so was hoping this would add to my workflow.

Unfortunately, there are three big problems that made this smartpen a hindrance rather than a help to me, specifically:

1) It is not possible to edit the note title in the Evernote desktop application (although it IS possible on the Evernote smartphone app and the Evernote web portal). Your notes are therefore cryptically titled "Smart Journal Page 3" rather than "Meeting with Client X", making it really hard to file and track etc.

2) Each page of your smart notebook ends up in Evernote as a separate note and appears in seemingly random order. Merging notes is possible in Evernote, but good luck in getting the pages in the right order without it taking forever! Only useful if your meeting notes are unlikely to take more than one page.

3) This was the deal-breaker for me. Under totally artificial lighting conditions the performance of the pen dropped to the point where my notes became almost unreadable. With daylight around they were fine and I initially got quite excited. After taking notes at several evening meetings and lectures without any daylight but with perfectly good artificial lights it was possible to see that the performance drop is consistently bad.

I would not recommend this product and it is certainly not my paperless nirvana.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2015 4:38 PM BST

Airfix A03412 BMW Mini Cooper S 1:32 Scale Series 3 Plastic Model Kit
Airfix A03412 BMW Mini Cooper S 1:32 Scale Series 3 Plastic Model Kit

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Poor Fit, 26 Nov. 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
It's a crying shame that the huge potential for fun with this kit is completely spoilt by the fact that it actually just doesn't fit together!
Not recommended for anybody who wouldn't be able to use a very sharp craft knife to reshape the parts.

The Economist Book of Obituaries (Economist Books)
The Economist Book of Obituaries (Economist Books)
by Ann Wroe

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Purpose, 6 Feb. 2009
This is an excellent read. Great for dipping in and out of, or just working through. Some of the obits I already knew from reading the Economist weekly over the years, but all are so well written, they are worth reading again. I find it inspirational and enlightening to read about the lives of others.The Economist obits are just the right length to give a sense of the person so you can go read more elsewhere if you want to, or just move on to the next character. The balance is great too without any moral judgment of the person.
I use a write your own obituary exercise in my coaching work, for people who want more purpose in life, and the Economist obits are a great resource for that.

We Own The Night [DVD] [2007]
We Own The Night [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Joaquin Phoenix
Offered by DVDBayFBA

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 May 2008
I found We Own the Night rather disapponting, even though I wasn't expecting much. It felt like the writer/director (often a bad sign in itself) had drawn cliches out of a hat, mixing-up the "two very different brothers" cliche with "cop goes undercover in dangerous drug dealer land". If either of the two main characters had been anything other than cardboard cut-outs that might have been interesting. I also just couldn't understand the Phoenix character's motivation for such an abrupt change of direction - and couldn't decide if that was either bad writing (no depth of, or empathy with, the character) or a strange choice of emotionally shut-down style from Phoenix.
Not really even good enough for put your feet-up and switch off brain time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2010 12:02 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2