Profile for MRS P M COOK > Reviews

Content by MRS P M COOK

MRS P M COOK

Page: 1 | 2
The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood Book 1)
The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book and have also read the sequel - ..., 27 Oct. 2014
Really enjoyed this book and have also read the sequel - now eagerly awaiting the next in the series.

The Weaver's Book of 8-Shaft Patterns: From the Friends of Handwoven
The Weaver's Book of 8-Shaft Patterns: From the Friends of Handwoven
by Carol Strickler

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have, 20 Feb. 2014
This is a 'must have' book for weavers using 8 shafts. Just about everything is covered - could not have coped without it. Highly recommend!

A Sticky End (The Swaddlecombe Mysteries Book 1)
A Sticky End (The Swaddlecombe Mysteries Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 7 Feb. 2014
Definitely a really good read - so looking forward to the next book ! Please don't keep us waiting too long.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Desperate, 24 Aug. 2013
This is my 4th attempt to get one of these spice racks delivered in one piece. The first one arrived smashed into 7 pieces. I re-ordered as it looks a beautiful set and the second one arrived also smashed into pieces. So I ordered yet again and low and behold the 3rd set arrived broken. I have been refunded each time (I hope as I haven't had time to check my card account). This is my final effort - I have ordered again and wait with bated breath for the next one to arrive!! All the (very flimsy) boxes were very knocked about and torn and non were sealed! I don't have much hope for the 4th one as it looks very much as though there has been a very bad accident at the warehouse invloving a whole batch of them. I will update when the next one arrives. I give the rack 5 stars because it does look really good and very robust which shows how violently they have been treated!!

Oksa Pollock: the Last Hope
Oksa Pollock: the Last Hope

1.0 out of 5 stars Hugely disappointing, 7 July 2013
the story could have been so good but totally ruined by the stilted writing and poor character definition. Perhaps some of the blame for the poor vocabulary could fall to the translation!!!!? Will not be reading any follow-ups.

Theodore Boone: The Activist: Theodore Boone 4
Theodore Boone: The Activist: Theodore Boone 4

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 23 Jun. 2013
don't know why the Theodore books are classed 'fot children' -- I am 74 and I absolutely love them!! This new one didn't disappoint.

The Grail Tree (Lovejoy)
The Grail Tree (Lovejoy)

3.0 out of 5 stars good read, 23 Jun. 2013
all the Lovejoy books are really great except they are all spoiled for me by the fact that he hits women!! I find this a total 'put off' and will not be reading any more -- sorry!

Marco's Pendulum
Marco's Pendulum

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely brilliant, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Marco's Pendulum (Kindle Edition)
Love all Phil Rickman books and thoroughly enjoyed these books for the younger reader - hope there will be some more!!

Orc Quest: Prophecy
Orc Quest: Prophecy

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful read, 2 May 2013
Loved every minute of this book - when I reached the end was devastated that the next book was not yet available --- please please can we have the next book!!! SOON!!?

Chow Chows 2013 Wall
Chow Chows 2013 Wall
by BrownTrout Publishers
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Chow pictures, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Chow Chows 2013 Wall (Calendar)
photography superb of the most beautiful Chow Chows (like our own!) -- have found that Browntrout calendars always have the best pictures and get one every year -- highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2