ARRAY(0xadaceeac)

Profile for AndyM > Reviews

Content by AndyM

AndyM "AM" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Slim [Ultra Fit] [Smooth Black] Rubbery Feel Non-Slip Grip Matte Hard Case for Galaxy Note III - ECO-Friendly Packaging
Offered by Spigen UK Store
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely fit, 28 Feb 2014
I was worried about putting a case on a phone this big because of adding to the already considerable bulk but it's very slim fitting and yet it feels very substantial. It's not flimsy at all. It gives a good grip and the front edge of the case protrudes slightly in front of the screen - it's hardly noticeable but it does mean your screen won't touch the surface if you lay it face down which is reassuring.

Very well made case and i'f definately buy this type again.

Expert Shield - THE Screen Protector for: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 *Lifetime Warranty*
Offered by Expert Shield
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product & service, 28 Feb 2014
I was initially worried at the thought of applying a protector to a screen this big, i was sure i'd get bubbles and dust and sure enough i did. However the protector is great quality and allowed me to peel it back, dab it with sticky tape to remove the dust and the bubbles smoothed out no problems. I've not been able to do that with the cheaper ones, i usually find you get one shot at it and that's it.

Now it's on you can't tell it's there, the screen and pen are just as responsive as without the protector.

The only thing i did do differently was i applied the screen protector from the bottom (you're meant to do it from the top) because i found it easier to line it up with the home button first.

I've bookmarked the seller and will definately get future protectors from here.

Denon AH-D600 Over-Ear Headphone
Denon AH-D600 Over-Ear Headphone
Offered by home AV direct
Price: 189.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic versatile headphone, 18 Oct 2013
I'm a bit of a basshead with a love for EDM, live concerts, some pop & electronic so i wanted headphones that would be quite bassy but also clear. I admit i tried Beats Pro's knowing they had a bad reputation but i wanted to hear for myself - i sent them back after 30 minutes of using them. Awful muddy sound. Then i tried v-moda m100 which were much better but still a bit muddy and not as good as hyped.

Then i got these and Wow! They have amazing bass without destroying the details and i was starting to lose hope that such a headpone existed. They definately benefit from burning in, the sound is getting better as hours of use are passing by. They are versatile headphones, everything i throw at them sounds amazing (Deadmau5, Queen Live, Giorgio Moroder, Fallout Boy, Tori Amos, Daft Punk, Depeche Mode Live....). They are also great for watching explosive/boomy action movies with.

I have a large head and yet these are very comfy on their tightest setting with no clamping and the pads are quite big and fit nicely around my ears so i do wonder if they might be a bit loose if you have a small head. I'm using them mostly with iPhone 5 and they seem a touch louder than the v-modas.

I was sceptical that they were ever worth 500 but i snapped them up at 200. Now i've got them i'd say they are certainly worth more. The build quality is lovely right down to the cables and even the box they come in is a thing of beauty.

Highly recommended due to the stunning sound quality over such a versatile range of music and the amazing build quality.

Mdna World Tour [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Mdna World Tour [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Madonna
Price: 13.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Less is more, 20 Sep 2013
Madonna herself has acknowledged that there is a problem with the disc and it's being looked into so i'll just review the concert itself that i bought in HD on iTunes. The grain, digital artifacts and occasional blurred shots are also on the iTunes version and so i'm guessing it was either intentional or the raw footage they had to work with wasn't great. I personally don't think it works but 'i see what you tried to do there' :)

Her voice is overly processed especially at the beginning of the show and it doesn't feel live at all. I'm guessing the audio was recorded in a studio and they attempted to make it sound live - i don't know what they did but that was surely not her voice on the night! She sounds completely different on amateur YouTube videos (and better imo).

But the thing that i find most offputting is the crazy editing! It's headache inducing, you never get to see a still shot of her for more than a few seconds and i'm guessing that this (combined with the over the top airbrushing of her face) was done as a vanity thing. I understand she spent 6 months personally on the producing and it's like she doesn't want us to focus on her face for too long. In Vogue she looks like a hologram.

It's a shame because the show itself was great and there are a load of YouTube videos that caputured the magic of it far better than this official release both visually and sound wise. The opening of the show and Girl Gone Wild look much better on YouTube as you can see the incredible screens more which were a huge part of that part of the performance.

Like A Virgin and Love Spent are awesome and i really like the cheerleading section. The rest i find uncomfortable to watch because of the bonkers editing. A shame. This show deserved a much better release than this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 24, 2013 2:39 PM BST

Resistance Bands Set | Exercise Bands | Home Gym Fitness Equipment | Workout Bands | Exercise Equipment for Pilates Yoga Core Training

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality, 6 Jun 2013
I can't review the effectiveness of these bands as they broke on the very first use. The band began to snap at the point where the band joins the metal connecting loop and it's lucky i spotted it else that could have been very painful! I returned these and instead bought the Bodylastics Resistance Bands which are far better made.

Canon SELPHY CP900 Compact Photo Printer - Black
Canon SELPHY CP900 Compact Photo Printer - Black
Offered by In2digital
Price: 78.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible print quality, 4 Jan 2013
This printer is printing a dark line across every image that I print, this happens over wifi and from sd card. After checking amazon US it seems that a lot of people have the same problem. Aside from that the print quality really isn't that great and certainly not worth the expensive paper packs. I get better prints at a fraction of the cost from my full size printer.

I bought this because I was looking for something compact and the ability to print wirelessly from iPhone. I've returned the printer and will be buying a full size air printer which will at least enable me to print on higher quality paper for a lot cheaper.

Sennheiser PX 200-II i Dynamic closed headset with Smart Remote and Mic to Control iPhone
Price: 68.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as px100 II, 22 Dec 2012
I couldn't decide between these and px100 II so I ordered both to try out. I was looking for a lightweight headphone that I can use in bed when watching movies and playing games on my pad and a bit of radio listening. I knew that the px100 would have more bass but I didn't realise that the px200 would sound so tinny. Considering the reviews they get I'm surprised at how thin they sounded. I asked a few family members to try both and they all picked px100 also. I can't fathom why these cost so much more than the px100 when they are the same build but with different ear pads and a closed back. I you like even a little bass then I recommend the others.

Apart from that they are very comfy and lightweight, the inline remote feels nice and they will fit pretty much all head sizes. They fold up easily and take up very little room.

AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset with In-Line Remote and Mic - Black
Offered by home AV direct
Price: 48.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Average all round, 20 Dec 2012
I bought these to replace a pair of Sennheiser px100's that i use when i'm in bed using my iPad. I wanted something compact and comfy but with great sound. Well they are compact alright, i found the fit to be very tight and the headphones don't extend enough. They have a bit of a clamping effect too. I did try a different type of AKG headphone a year ago and i also returned them because they were so small so maybe it's common with them (other makes of headphones fit me just fine).

The sound is very average, i can only describe it as 'ok'. They sound quite flat and boring to my ears. My old Sennheisers (that were half the price) sound far better in every way (bass, mids and highs) so i'm sending these back and will be ordering Sennheiser PX 100-II i

One other thing to note is that these headphones use a proprietary cable and the cable itself feels very flimsy so once it breaks i'm not sure where you'd get replacement cables.

DC Clothing Rabid Premium  Fleece Fullzip Men's Jumper Dc Navy Small
DC Clothing Rabid Premium Fleece Fullzip Men's Jumper Dc Navy Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm & Comfy!, 12 Dec 2012
The fake fur lining makes this hoody really warm, it's ideal for autumn/winter. You can wear just a t shirt underneath and it will keep you plenty warm enough which is great if you don't like wearing several layers. I really like the design and i'm very happy with the quality of it. The sizes are spot on too. I'm a size small and it fits perfectly - not too clingy and not too baggy, the fit is really nice.

WRANGLER Texas Stretch Tapered Men's Jeans Vintage Tint W32INxL32IN
WRANGLER Texas Stretch Tapered Men's Jeans Vintage Tint W32INxL32IN
Price: 45.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely jeans but watch the sizes, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Wrangler Men Jeans (Apparel)
I'm usually a size 29/30 waist but i had to buy these in a size 32 to get them to fit. Apart from that the material is soft and really comfy and i love the colour (Vintage Tint). The fit around the leg is just right - not too baggy and not too tight and i'm really happy with the quality of them. I don't feel like i over-paid for them, they don't look or feel cheap. Now i've got the sizes figured out i'll be buying another pair in a different colour.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4