Profile for D. Brodala > Reviews

Content by D. Brodala

D. Brodala (Chesham)

Dear Me (Arrow Autobiography)
Dear Me (Arrow Autobiography)
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not light read, 16 July 2013
I am still enjoying this book, but I would not recommend it to readers who expect it to be funny throughout. It has some very comic and hilarious situation, which are highly entertaining but it is also interspersed with some serious issues and profound thoughts beautifully written.

Pride and Prejudice (Wordsworth Classics)
Pride and Prejudice (Wordsworth Classics)
by Jane Austen
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull, Dull and Dull., 4 Dec 2009
This is my set text for A-level so I feel I know it fairly well. It's such a boring book in it's essence. Austen crafts a story that could have been done in 20 chapters over 62, it seems as if she writes one clever funny and exciting chapter then decides to write three or four chapters where the chracters dance a little and play cards. If you want a book about people dancing and playing cards with a plot that could have been thought up easily try this if not and you want a real classic I suggest you try the bronte sisters perhaps hardy they are like a fine bottle of wine whilst this is more like that present you get on christmas you've been waiting for for months then are so let down by it has not aged well as it's weak social commentary shows.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2012 10:45 AM BST

Popular Music (P.S.)
Popular Music (P.S.)
by Mikael Niemi
Price: 11.17

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 15 May 2009
This review is from: Popular Music (P.S.) (Paperback)
Thi was a hilarious , touching and brilliantly written (and translated) book . will stay in my mind for a long time ...

Little Miss Sunshine [DVD] [2006]
Little Miss Sunshine [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Abigail Breslin
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny., 7 Aug 2007
This a great film with superb acting. It's the kind of film that makes you warm to certain characters and hate others and I love that in a film. One of my favourite movies it is so worth five pounds.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
by J. K. Rowling
Price: 14.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book., 26 July 2007
This book had a great mix of dialogue and action. I couldn't put this book down it was so fast paced and each chapter ending made you want to read on. The ending is a bit of a cop out but I din't mind that. This was world's apart from the travisty of the fith book and carried on from an excellent sixth book. Very highly recommend although may be scary for chilren under 8.

Pan's Labyrinth (2 Disc Set) [2006] [DVD]
Pan's Labyrinth (2 Disc Set) [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Doug Jones
Offered by Warby 4 Games & Gifts
Price: 8.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop complaining about it being in Spanish, 19 July 2007
This is a superb, dark magical film. The cinematography is superb and the fact it's in Spanish I feel adds to the film. For all those complaining about the fact it's it Spanish, if you don't enjoy subtitled films then why buy one. This is the best film I have ever seen the perfect marriage of action and fantasy.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 18.42

2.0 out of 5 stars The most boring game ever, 4 April 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game is so boring and over hyped. I attempted to play through it but I found it too boring. The basic aim appears to be to find a door or an item which is fine in principal but when you consider how many dead ending and red herrings there are it gets so boring and pointless. It's the least fun game I've ever played so if I were you I would buy a good game like wario ware smooth moves.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2012 12:56 AM BST