Profile for L. Nowodworska > Reviews

The Windvale Sprites
The Windvale Sprites
by Mackenzie Crook

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful what age group you buy this for, 30 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Windvale Sprites (Hardcover)
I bought this book for reading to my 7 year old son at bed time.
Within the first few chapters I had to improvise as there is mention of there being no Father Christmas and no tooth fairy both of which he still believes in.
I was pretty annoyed there was no pre-warning about this.
We're still in the early stages of the book. My son isn't overly interested in it so not sure if the book will be completed or given away.
On the plus side the illustrations are nice and it is well written.

Small Knight and George: Small Knight and George
Small Knight and George: Small Knight and George
by Ronda Armitage

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 25 Oct. 2010
This book is great. It starts off with Mum and Dad Knight sending Small Knight off to fight a big Dragon. Small Knight doesn't even know what a dragon looks like but meets people on his way who have and gets scared only to bump into George a small friendly dragon and they become best of friends. The illustrations are great, you can see where Small Knight has travelled and see the footsteps of the large dragon. My son has had this for at least 3 years (now 6) and still enjoys it.

You Learn by Living: Distillation of Mrs.Roosevelt's Life Experience
You Learn by Living: Distillation of Mrs.Roosevelt's Life Experience
by Eleanor Roosevelt

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 20 Jan. 2010
The reason for buying this book was because I'd always seen inspirational quotes from Eleanor Roosevelt so decided to see if she'd written any books. As it turns out she's written loads but this one seemed to be the essence of her learning and experience.
Its a brilliant book, so elegantly written and easy to read. It was written in 1960 so some of the references will obviously be out of date(eg the cold war and Russia). But other than that her observations are spot on. You finish the book feeling motivated to get out there and experience life and try to be a better person in the process. It'll be a book I will definitely keep and re-read.

Blue Power Rangers Jungle Fury Costume [Rubies Childrens Sizes : Medium,Height 127-137cm,Waist 68.5-76cm]

5.0 out of 5 stars good outfit, 20 Jan. 2010
I bought this for my son at Christmas. Its well made with extra padded muscles in the shoulders and chest area.
The mask is better than the earlier ones in that it fits a child's head properly.

Morphy Richards 48715 Oval Slow Cooker 6.5 Litres - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48715 Oval Slow Cooker 6.5 Litres - Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant piece of equipment, 20 Nov. 2009
We bought a slow cooker because we currently don't have cooking facilities and got sick of take away meals.
This one is a great investment, I lump everything in, set it onto high and off it goes and I've got a nice meal 3-4 hours later.
If you want to prolong the cooking setting it to medium does the trick. I haven't tried the 'low' option yet.
What's good about this size (6.5L) is that you can do things in bulk and have some leftovers for later to heat in a microwave.
The pot is heavy (that's normal) but its easy to clean. I couldn't do without it now.

Transformers Revenge of The Fallen - Deluxe Bumblebee Action Figure
Transformers Revenge of The Fallen - Deluxe Bumblebee Action Figure

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of rubbish, 30 Oct. 2009
I bought this for my 5 year old son, within a day it was broken. Transforming from car to autobot is easy its the transforming back to a car which is fiddly and complex, too complex for a 5 year old. A total waste of money (a shame because its such a popular character). We also got megatron, with the same problem. Seems inherent with these toys.

Oliver And Company  [DVD] [1988]
Oliver And Company [DVD] [1988]
Dvd ~ Joey Lawrence

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, 14 Aug. 2009
I never saw this movie when I was younger but my son saw it advertised on another Disney DVD and asked to get it.
In short it looks very dated, you can tell it was made in the 80s and the animation quality is not up-to-scratch. Its not one of my son's favourite DVDs, he enjoyed some of the songs and didn't seem too worried about the scary bits to the story. Overall its ok but I wouldn't rave about it.

Playmobil Police HQ (4264) with FREE Jewel Thieves set
Playmobil Police HQ (4264) with FREE Jewel Thieves set

5.0 out of 5 stars great toy, 14 Aug. 2009
Although it takes a while to setup (about 1 hour) its worth it because it offers hours of playtime! There are 3 rooms, the prison cell with 2 escape routes, the reception area with folding doors and the interview room complete with lineup chart and camera. The attention to detail is amazing, you get things like phones, desks, handcuffs, guns, 'baddies', policemen etc. The only down side is that all these 'knick knacks' can get lost very easily. I recommend putting all of it in a separate bag when tidying up. I cannot remember the age group for this toy but I would say around 5 upwards is best mainly because of all the paraphenalia you get with it. A really good toy which doesn't need any other accessories.

Disney Princess 60 piece art set, crayons, paints felt tip
Disney Princess 60 piece art set, crayons, paints felt tip

4.0 out of 5 stars Good present, 13 July 2009
I bought this for a little girls birthday. Its got everything and comes nicely packaged.

Playmobil - Fire Rescue Boat with Pump 3128
Playmobil - Fire Rescue Boat with Pump 3128
Offered by tipptoys

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bath toy!, 4 Nov. 2008
My son got this as a present about 2 years ago and he still plays with it in the bath.. the pump actually works and shoots out water really well. Its been dropped a few times but there's been no damage, also it hasn't got mouldy (unlike some bath toys). We have some toy fish and my son pretends he is fishing or catching a naughty shark... lots of fun to be had. Definitely recommend this toy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3