Profile for L. Bell > Reviews

Content by L. Bell

L. Bell (Glasgow, Scotland)

Team The Nice And Toasty Traditional 2 Bar Fire Heater
Team The Nice And Toasty Traditional 2 Bar Fire Heater

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 18 Nov. 2015
Gave out good heat but just stopped working after a few weeks therefore not worth the money!

Beats by Dr. Dre Mixr On-Ear Headphones - Indigo Blue
Beats by Dr. Dre Mixr On-Ear Headphones - Indigo Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars She says they're the best headphones she's ever had, 8 Feb. 2015
I bought these for my daughter and she loves them. She says they're the best headphones she's ever had.

Head For The Edge, Keep Walking: A Novel
Head For The Edge, Keep Walking: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun. 2014
Fabulous read!

Connecting with Kids Through Stories: Using Narratives to Facilitate Attachment in Adopted Children
by Denise B. Lacher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for professionals and parents, 25 Mar. 2013
This is a must when working with kids who have suffered trauma and have attachment issues. It is relatively easy to read and adoptive parents I work with have found it accessible and useful. I'm about half way through the book, but so far it's been really useful and I look forward to reading the rest.

The Real 'Dad's Army': The War Diaries of Col. Rodney Foster
The Real 'Dad's Army': The War Diaries of Col. Rodney Foster
by Rodney Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating read, 3 Dec. 2011
I bought this for my father. The diaries were found in an antique shop by family members of the writer. The diary provides a lovely insight into the war years in SE England. It really is fascinating I may need to buy a copy for myself!

Machine Embroidered Flowers, Woodlands and Landscapes
Machine Embroidered Flowers, Woodlands and Landscapes
by Alison Holt

3.0 out of 5 stars This book wasn't for me, 3 Dec. 2011
This book was not what I was looking for but good if you want to learn in detail machine free motion embroidery. It just didn't excite me.

Quilting Art: Inspiration, Ideas and Innovative Words from 20 Contemporary Quilters
by Spike Gillespie

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 28 Nov. 2011
I love this book. It's full of inspiring contemporary quilts and quilters. Lots of info about the quilters and beautiful photographs. I never tire of reading this book and see something new every time I pick it up!

by Spike Gillespie

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 28 Nov. 2011

Quilting For Dummies
Quilting For Dummies
by Cheryl Fall
Edition: Kitchen & Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Quilting for Dummies - fantastic for beginners, 30 Jun. 2009
This has been an invaluable tool. I had never made a quilt before. I've finished my first and used this book at each stage. It has clear instructions and lots of useful tips. I'd totally recommend it.