Profile for D. Kirkpatrick > Reviews

Content by D. Kirkpatrick

D. Kirkpatrick (London)

The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs
by Tyler Hamilton
Price: 13.22

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are reading reviews....buy this book NOW!, 16 Oct 2012
I could not recommend this book highly enough. I am a newly converted cycling enthusiast and read this book immediately after a week long charity cycle throught the Alps, where coincidentally, we could have done with some PED's.

This book is both shocking and (strangely) inspiring. I find it difficult not to like Tyler Hamilton after reading it and you really sympathise with why he felt he had to either dope or give up professional cycling.

The book delivers everything in such precise detail that it is impossible to believe that doping was anything but endemic throughout the majority of the peleton.

I could not put this book down and have been raving about it ever since. A great great read!

Philips SHS8100/10 Earhook Headphones
Philips SHS8100/10 Earhook Headphones
Offered by It's A Gift
Price: 14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 3 Oct 2012
I bought these 6 months ago and they are still going strong. For headphones this cheap they have exceeded my expectations.

I use them for exercising because normal headphones don't stay in my ear when I run. They fitted perfectly and stayed in place and also have surprisingly good sound quality.

If you want a budget set of headphones for exercising, with good sound quality, these are the ones for you.