Profile for Herc > Reviews

Content by Herc

Herc

Page: 1 | 2
Rii Mini RT-MWK01V3 2.4GHz Wireless Entertainment Keyboard (with Touchpad, Laser pointer, Backlit) for PC, Pad, Andriod TV Box, Google TV Box, Xbox360, Raspberry PI, PS3 & HTPC/IPTV, US Layout (Black)
Offered by HD Media Revolution

AZURILL SMART TV MK809III - (GOOGLE MINI PC, Quad CORE A9, 8GB, ANDROID)
AZURILL SMART TV MK809III - (GOOGLE MINI PC, Quad CORE A9, 8GB, ANDROID)
Offered by KINGSFAITH

3.0 out of 5 stars Azurill, 5 Sept. 2014
It does work but using the additional keyboard is fiddly

Xaphoon Pocket Sax Black Finish Key of C
Xaphoon Pocket Sax Black Finish Key of C
Offered by music world brilon_2

5.0 out of 5 stars Xaphoon, 5 Sept. 2014
More practice makes perfect. Solid and well made. I hope the more I practice the better I'll get

Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking [2005] [DVD]
Allen Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Allen Carr
Offered by skyvo-direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Still smoking, 5 Sept. 2014
They should be giving this away. Not worth the money

THG Clip On Polarised Black Driving Fishing Walking Glasses Sunglasses Specs Car Motorcycle Polarised Goggles UV400
Offered by THG LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Clip on, 5 Sept. 2014
Excellent. Delicate. Lightweight

Neostar 30 Watt High Power Cordless Rechargeable Speaker
Neostar 30 Watt High Power Cordless Rechargeable Speaker

4.0 out of 5 stars Mobile speakers, 5 Sept. 2014
Looks great. Excellent mobility. Good battery life. Not as strong a bass line as would be expected. Ok with iPad and Mobile phone. Would like to see a more powerful unit.

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 5 April 2014
I bought a laptop especially for streaming youtube and basic surfing with my 4 yr old. This chrome cast is definitely good for you tube and i can keep my four year old daughter occupied for hours playing kiddie things like nursery rhymes and cartoons . Easy to set up through my mobile phone and tablet. Tried with two mobile phones. 1st one had 3g. Not good. Very difficult but it was an old HTC Desire C. Kept loosing internet connection. Second mobile phone was an LG G2 with 4g. No problem. Easy as pie. Great value for money so far. Haven't explored full streaming capability like netflix etc. It is limited to what it can stream but for my little one watching you tube on TV, it's great. Your android device connects the Chrome cast to your wireless internet router and the Chromecast streams direct from this router. If surfing on your android device is a bit shaky, then it may be troublesome. I wish I did'nt buy the laptop because for streaming youtube, the chromecast is better. If you dont want streaming limitations then look at other devices. Western digital do one and Prestigio sounds quite interesting and there are others. Also the Chromecast stick is quite cheap. We like it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2014 12:09 PM BST

Music Maker 2014 (PC)
Music Maker 2014 (PC)
Offered by Digitalville UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Magix Music Maker 2014., 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Music Maker 2014 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Magix Music Maker 2014 has changes to it. Four new types of synth. I'm finding it a bit tricky to add some party synths. Apart from that it looks no different to the 2013 version.
I particularly like the synth, DN-e1. It has a lot of patches to work with. Lots of sounds which are from what I can see to some degree, tweekable and the sound patches are as good as some high end vst synths that I have used in the past. The new drum synth seems focused on electro drums so this could be good for the budding electro music enthusiast. There is the Electric piano synth but I prefer Vita 2. It sounds more the way I like piano to sound. In the piano roll there is a dropdown menu which gives you access to all of the available synths in this programme. There are loads to work with.
This programme , I would say is very loop friendly to the point that some people believe that that is particularly what it's for. Wrong. Yes you can have fun importing and arranging readymade loops to your hearts delight but some of you may get bored with this and like me, try playing or creating new loops and arrangements in the key editor or as I believe some call it, the Piano Roll. Let's just say, I do not play any musical instrument but by the time I have finished drawing bass lines from scratch on the Piano Roll key editor, I've even been asked if I give lessons in bass when some have heard what I've done. This programme accepts many VST synths which is one reason why I like it and always have done. It, to me is a lot easier to add third party synths to than other music creation programmes I have come across. I find it quick and easy to work with.
I have had some bugs and glitches. With earlier versions I could click a kind of Home Button on the controls and the full playable range would be selected but now it's more like a Home key and just moves the play line to the beginning of the track so to select the playable range I have to drag the range bar at the top from the right end to the end point of what I want to play.
There could be an issue with vst's on playback because sometimes some patches upon playing or drawing the in the key editor, have a release issue or sustain issue when played back. I have noticed this occasionally and because this happens, I have to find an alternative patch because that effect is not what I desire. It may only happen with some chord patches. I'm still trying to figure it out
Lastly something weird happened when I recorded my voice over a short loop I created with a synth in the back ground. As I recorded my voice with the music playing in track 1 the music slowed down but upon play back it resumed at the normal speed and it all sounded fine.
I'm still happy with the programme in general and do like the DN-e1 synth. Also there is another drum kit called Rock Drums. This is definitely worth investigating. I would say that if electro drums are not your thing then use this. Make sure of it.
I think Magix Music Maker will come back again with more updated versions and I also think that they are heading closer to the right direction. Additional synths with loads of patches to me is a very positive beneficial move and users old and new should like this. Here's something I done with an earlier version of Magix MM. U-N-Me

Zu3D Animation Kit
Zu3D Animation Kit
Offered by ZuLogic Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You ZU3D:), 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Zu3D Animation Kit (CD-ROM)
Saw other reviews and was interested in creating videos to accompany my music for youtube upload. I'm a bed room producer. Lost the serial number before completing installation but ZU3d support helped straight away by emailing me another one. (Long story). Waited a couple of weeks before trying this package. First, on start up, follow the tutorial link and watch it. It's so easy to get started. I had a short video within half an hour with sound. I think Ive got the basics just need to practice and refine my subjects. i haven't used the plasticine provided yet. Not much of a sculptor but will try it. I chose random objects. Tub of cream, mug, green plastic cup a lemon and my glasses. I had them moving and spinning on my dining table by themselves and used some sounds the the sound library provided. My teenage son saw my vid and was impressed. Got to get him to try it instead of living on the Xbox live. You can export in windows media video, AVI and Flash format. You can use sound from the library provided or external Ie your own sounds or music. I think that sound needs to be in wav format. I am pleased and impressed with this package. A nice webcam is also provided and the Zu 3d software. Thank You ZU3D
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2014 9:48 AM BST

The Best Time Travel Stories of the 20th Century: Stories by Arthur C. Clarke, Jack Finney, Joe Haldeman, Ursula K. Le Guin,
by Harry Turtledove

5.0 out of 5 stars Stories, 25 Nov. 2012
Quality time travel stories. For years I found I couldnt finish a novel and so started reading short stories instead. The older writers have a special quality that modern writers lack. This book is great

Page: 1 | 2