Profile for S. A. Vowles > Reviews

Large Blue Beach Sea Sunset Canvas Wall Art Pictures XL Set Boats 4107
Offered by Wallfillers Canvas
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No clue? Then get a Canoe., 21 Oct 2013
This is a nice set of canvases for creating a feature in a room. The package consists of 4 individual panels which togather make up the entire picture, they hang at different heights and I find this makes the whole thing a lot more interesting. The picture itself is clear and of a high resolution so looks good even when you are up close to it. The only downside I found was that hanging the canvases was a little tricky as the only thing you have to line them up is the horizon in the picture, some sort of template would have been useful but I suppose you could make that yourself.

Tiger Guitar Stand - Black
Tiger Guitar Stand - Black
Price: 7.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality guitar stand, 21 Aug 2011
Bought this guitar stand for an accoustic guitar and I'm very pleased with it. It comes in a couple of pieces which you have to put together but it doesn't require any tools and only took a few minutes to complete. The parts are sturdy so it holds the guitar securely and I can't see it falling over easily. All contacts with the guitar are padded so it won't cause any damage. Overall good value for money.

Winter in Venice - Aloe Vera Vanity Case - Pamper Gift Set
Winter in Venice - Aloe Vera Vanity Case - Pamper Gift Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift set which is sure to please, 14 Jan 2011
I was quite surprised with this gift set when it arrived, all the components are of a high quality and they come well presented in a nice velvety case. The lady I gave this to was very impressed with my unusually good choice of gift, big ticks all round for this one!

After Dinner Trivia Tin
After Dinner Trivia Tin
Offered by Prime Providers
Price: 17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Quiz game with a nice tin, 14 Jan 2011
This review is from: After Dinner Trivia Tin (Toy)
This is a reasonable quiz game to provide a little entertainment between familiy and friends. My main gripe is that the question cards which are the main component are of a very low quality, however I cannot deny either the sheer number of questions they provide or variety of topics covered.

Star War Mac Pack: Empire at War / Knights of the Old Republic
Star War Mac Pack: Empire at War / Knights of the Old Republic
Offered by 1stvideo
Price: 15.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of Star Wars games, 14 Jan 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this with some trepidation after reading some reviews where the games don't work too well on the MAC and you have to install patches and things to make them work properly. Fortunately I'd worried unnecessaily as the installations were perfect and the games run like a dream on my year old MAC, no additional updates or patches have been necessary. Although the games themselves are quite old (I played them both on the PC about 5 years ago) I was impressed just how well they have transferred across to the MAC, in fact I fancy they look and play even better. My only grumble would be the lack of user manual or documentation of any kind, you basically get 2 discs and that's it! Not really a big problem though as they're easy enough to figure out once you get going. Basically if you're a Star Wars fan and like games I don't see how you can go wrong buying this set.

Black Height Adjustable High Quality Twin X Frame Keyboard Stand With A Quick Pull Release Mechanism.
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent stand, 13 Feb 2009
The previous reviews are absolutely correct. This is a nice sturdy stand and I should think it is plenty wide enough to fit most keyboards, I have a Yamaha YPT200 and it fits easily with room to spare. The quick release mechanism is a very handy feature and I'm glad I paid a little extra for that alone. To be honest I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this product....stop looking and buy it now!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2009 11:48 AM BST

Linksys by Cisco WRT54GC Compact Wireless-G Broadband Router
Linksys by Cisco WRT54GC Compact Wireless-G Broadband Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product but ignore the set up disk, 3 Oct 2008
I have a Virgin Media broadband connection and I had problems getting this router to work. The minimal documentation that comes with the router states that LinkSys "Highly recommend the use of the setup CD on an initial setup". Thinking this was going to get me up and running nice and easily I inserted the CD and eagerly worked my way through the setup wizard.

An hour later I had pulled out the rest of my hair and all I could make it do was tell me I didn't have an internet connection or, even more frustrating, continually hang the PC. Feeling rather annoyed I did some research and found I was not the only problem to experience this problem. The recommended solution in each case was to configure the router manually making only a few minor changes to the default settings.

Now it is working perfectly and I am very happy with it. My only word of advice for anyone with a Virgin Media connection is to ignore the setup disk, this may save you some time.