Profile for Colin > Reviews

Authentic RDX Pro Hand Wraps Bandages, Boxing Gloves MMA UFC, Pink Wraps
Authentic RDX Pro Hand Wraps Bandages, Boxing Gloves MMA UFC, Pink Wraps
Price: 9.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, recipient very pleased!, 25 Jun 2012
I bought a pair of pink RDX hand wraps for my girlfriend. I have bought them for myself in the past and she is interested in learning some self defence. If you getting into martial arts hand wraps are one of the first things you should get (along with a skipping rope) they will give your wrists extra support for the repetitive strain of hitting bags or pads. Boxing gloves alone will not give you adequate support for prolonged training. I was a little anxious that she might find the pink a bit patronising but she was over the moon. Apparently her body-combat instructor has the same ones so she is very pleased.

Authentic RDX Leather Grappling Fight Gloves MMA,Boxing UFC Cage, Medium
Authentic RDX Leather Grappling Fight Gloves MMA,Boxing UFC Cage, Medium
Price: 26.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and super cool, 25 Jun 2012
I've done a lot of martial arts and took up boxing a while ago and love it. Martial arts tend to be either very focused on striking or very focused on grappling and throws. I bought a great pair of RDX boxing gloves but wanted something lighter that I could use both for pad work and for practicing holds and throws. I looked over a lot of different MMA gloves and decided to go with RDX again as I was so impressed with the boxing gloves. I think it was a great choice; these gloves are surprisingly well padded without feeling bulky at all. The leather is very durable and the Velcro strap is very secure - there is a large strap going round your wrist in one direction and another smaller stray that goes through the other strap in the opposite direction and Velcro-fastens. However, I would warn that if you are purely into boxing and do a lot of pad/bag work, then I would recommend getting the proper RDX boxing gloves. The cushioning on these is excellent for MMA gloves but for prolonged intense impact you need gloves designed specifically for that rather than for the variety of styles/tasks that MMA requires. I still use the big gloves if I am planning on hitting the bag with vengeance for a good period of time!

Authentic RDX Leather Gel Tech MMA UFC Grappling Gloves Fight Boxing Punch Bag K
Price: 22.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Girlfriend loves them, 25 Jun 2012
I've done a lot of martial arts and took up boxing a while ago and love it. My girlfriend wanted to get involved and learn some self defence as well so we could share the hobby. As an introduction to martial arts I bought her these gloves, some wrist raps (never forget to get wraps as well, gloves help your knuckles but its wraps that prevent hurt wrists) and a skipping rope (you'll never make it through the rounds if you don't do the cardio!). I also have a pair of hook and jab pads (also RDX from B2Fitness) and I've use the MMA gloves with these as well as some hand to hand grappling work to show her the basics of self-defence and give her a feel for the sport and she loves it. It's an exceptional whole-body workout and brilliant stress relief. These gloves are excellent for light pad work and grappling. They have very good cushioning without being too bulky. The strap is nice and secure (Its worth bearing in mind that there are two different types of straps for the MMA gloves). However I would warn that if you are planning to stick with just boxing and do a lot of pad/bag work, then I would recommend getting the proper RDX boxing gloves. The cushioning on these is excellent for MMA gloves but for prolonged intense impact you need gloves designed specifically for that rather than for the variety of styles/tasks that MMA requires

Authentic RDX Leather Pro Fight Boxing Gloves Gel Mold, Punch Bag
Authentic RDX Leather Pro Fight Boxing Gloves Gel Mold, Punch Bag
Price: 48.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and Comfortable, 25 Jun 2012
I bought these gloves quite some time ago from B2Fitness on Amazon and I have been very pleased with how durable they are. They are made from thick 'cow-hide' leather (I thought all leather comes from cows-hide?) and this really does survive quite a beating. I've used them a lot and still no flaking, the cushioning still feels good, the Velcro is like new and the RDX logo still clear. I'd really recommend the gloves - they make you feel like the business and they sure beat smelly communal gloves or cheaper gloves that will start to fall apart if you take your boxing seriously and plan to work them hard!

Authentic RDX Focus Pads Hook & Jab Mitts Kick Boxing MMA Strike
Authentic RDX Focus Pads Hook & Jab Mitts Kick Boxing MMA Strike
Price: 31.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be better but still very good, 18 April 2012
Great set of pads; nice and thick; light; good curved surface. The only thing that would improve it is if there was a strap or tighter elastic over the wrists to keep it nice and secure but they are great.

Brink Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
Brink Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
by David S.J. Hodgson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive, 4 Aug 2011
I'm a big fan of Brink. The level of tactical play it brings to the FPS genre is refreshing and challenging. After playing the game for a while I spotted the Official Game guide at a very reasonable price here on Amazon and thought I'd check it out.

It arrived nice and quickly and I was impressed by the sheer size of the book. The guide goes into a lot of detail. There are a few pages to deepen the plot a little bit, quite a few pages dedicated to the different classes and the weaponry (the weaponry stats have probably changed since the initial release), then a number of pages dedicated to general tactics before getting stuck into the main body of the guide which is a detailed breakdown of all the levels in the original game release both the security and the resistance and even the challenges (the two additional levels from the Agents of Change downloadable content are not included but I hope they release a supplemental guide to include downloaded content at some point in the future).

The level of detail that the guide goes into for each of the missions is very impressive; each part of the map gets some description; tactics for each objective are described; the best locations for turrets, mines and sniping are shown on the level maps and using screenshots; the best distribution of classes for each stage of the levels; and, my personal favourite, the best smart moves (free-running) to navigate the levels, some of which I had not thought about at all! I would definitely recommend this either to people who are having trouble getting to grips with the game and need help with navigating the levels/optimising their character/completing the challenges or those who want to get the most out of the game and find a little extra tactical advantage.

FACE MASK URBAN SURVIVAL BLACK NEOPRENE
FACE MASK URBAN SURVIVAL BLACK NEOPRENE
Offered by Brooksbarn
Price: 11.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this, 28 July 2011
I bought this to replace another cycling mask I had which got worn out. This one lasted one cycle ride before the plastic buckle came off while I was cycling and was lost. Its a really poor quality version of my previoud face mask. The others might be twice the price but they are more then twice the level of quality.

XBox 360 Large Style Headset (Earphone & Microphone) For xBox 360 Online Gaming with Foam Ear Pieces for Comfort and Adjustable Mic Arm & Volume Control
Offered by Racksoy
Price: 5.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for me not so good for the people speaking with me, 18 July 2011
The headset arrived very promptly. It was well packaged and appeared to be in good condition. The sound through the headset is very good and they are very comfortable. However, intermittently the people I am playing on Xbox live with inform me there is a weird sound that comes through on their en a bit like a siren. This is solved by unplugging and re-plugging the headphone to the controller. This seems to get rid of the noise but i have to do this roughly once every 20 minutes.

It might be a problem with my controller rather than the headset as I have had (different) problems with another headset I bought from a different supplier, or it may be something to do with the jack that connects the headset to the controller. I'd recomend keeping your receipt and the packaging just in case

Brink (Xbox 360)
Brink (Xbox 360)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN
Price: 3.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly all the best bits from my favourite FPS in one game, 17 Jun 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Brink (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I picked up the game a couple of weeks and just wanted to say I've found it awesome. Visually stunning levels; lots of routes to get around them; good balance of choke points and open spaces; nicely timed ability upgrades, and a cool story line nicely padded out by the audio log "Easter Eggs" to unlock as you go through.

The only bit of constructive criticism that I have is that the online matchmaking needs to be ironed out a bit to reduce the chance of loading into laggy games every so often but I expect that will improve with time. I'm looking forward to the first free DLC release.

Overall it's a great blend of fast-paced acrobatic shootout and tactical operation. It has a cops-and-robbers team perspective like Counter-strike; a fast paced feel a bit like Quake; a diffusion of combat roles like team fortress; levelling and abilities like Fallout and very simple to execute parkour like Assassins Creed. This makes it a little bit complicated but once you get a feel for how to get around the levels and how to select and complete primary and secondary objectives it gets really fun. (The only thing its missing from my favourite past FPSs is Left 4 Dead 2 style Zombies and melee weapons, lol!)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat for your Thumbs, 23 Nov 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I enjoy having a nice distinct controller that I can selfishly keep to myself while my friends use the standard controllers. My old green controller was getting very worn out so when Fable 3 came out I decided to double up and get this limited edition controller as well. It looks really good with a smooth gloss finish and intricate gold and black pattern. I doubt it makes much performance difference when playing games like competitive FPS but it definitely feels noticeable better in your hands then an old one so I am pleased with splashing out a little extra cash on this.

Page: 1 | 2