Profile for Stephen J. Green > Reviews

Content by Stephen J. Green

Stephen J. Green "Darwinian" (Darwin, NT, Australia)

From The Vault - Hampton Coliseum - Live In 1981 [Sd Blu-Ray] [2014] [NTSC]
From The Vault - Hampton Coliseum - Live In 1981 [Sd Blu-Ray] [2014] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ The Rolling Stones

4.0 out of 5 stars Brought back great memories of the Stones at the height of their ..., 21 Nov 2014
Brought back great memories of the Stones at the height of their powers in the very early 80's. A fantastic job of remastering the sound. Would have given this DVD 5 stars if they had included any one of Street Fighting Man, Parachute Woman or Stray Cat Blues in the set.

Different Shades Of Blue
Different Shades Of Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe's best album since Sloe Gin, 11 Oct 2014
Joe's best album since Sloe Gin. Great blues and pleased to see Carmen Rojas on bass for quite a few of the tracks.

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 [DVD]
Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Clapton

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment after the previous crossroads concerts, 2 Oct 2014
A disappointment after the previous crossroads concerts. Having it indoors took much of the atmosphere away for me and I have to say that I got bored with some of the tracks. A few pearls but could have been so much better.

Songs From The Road (CD + DVD)
Songs From The Road (CD + DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow . What a Treasure, 11 Feb 2014
Cannot believe I had never heard of this wonderful talented lady. I know I live in the deepest darkest tropics of Australia but a muso of such great talents should not have ben so hidden away. Perhaps the best album I have heard in the last two or three years. Loved the note perfect rendition of Manic Depression. reminds me of Stevie ray and Little Wing!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 4:49 AM BST

You And Me
You And Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has this bloke been hiding, 14 July 2009
This review is from: You And Me (Audio CD)
I have a very big music collection and when this arrived the other day it absolutely blew me away. I've never seen any of Joe's albums in any music shop I've been in and radio don't play this sort of stuff. It shows that the big companies just want us to listen to dross. I also bought Sloe Gin and thats nearly as good. You and Me may be the best album I've bought in 20 years.

West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull and boring, 14 July 2009
Enjoyed their last two albums but this one just didn't hit the mark. If it gets played again in the next 12 months I'll be very surprised.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2009 11:19 PM BST

Life On Mars : Complete BBC Series 1 [2006] [DVD]
Life On Mars : Complete BBC Series 1 [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Simm
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars darwinian, 22 April 2008
One of the best new shows I have seen in many, many years. As someone who joined a law enforcement agency in 1974 it brought back many old memories of the days before mobile phones, computers and the other rubbish we're loaded with these days.

Great script, great acting and the music is a peach. Only thing missing of my memories of England in the 70's is - not enough muck. Everything looked too clean - probably too hard to re-create.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2008 6:33 PM BST

Johnny Kingdom A Year On Exmoor [2008] [DVD]
Johnny Kingdom A Year On Exmoor [2008] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Kingdom
Offered by Cheap-As-Chips

1.0 out of 5 stars The Darwinian, 22 April 2008
This was truly awful. Forrest Gump on Exmoor. First episode couldn't even synchronise sound with picture.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2013 5:55 PM GMT