Profile for zaphod-B > Reviews

The Union [VINYL]
The Union [VINYL]
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars classis, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Union [VINYL] (Vinyl)
2 of the finest songwriters, musicians and vocalists ever. Nothing can really sum up how good this record is. It invokes that time when between 1969 and 1976 elton made 11 classic studio albums.
Leons profile and success may have gone in the opposite direction to his protegee but this is a man who wrote Song for You, Superstar, This Masquerade,Back to the Island. Classic songs from a man who played on all spectors tracks, Beach Boys,Dylan and was band leader for Delaney and Bonnie, Joe Cocker and had Beatles play on his albums.
A legend helping another legend back to the international stage. This album is beautiful and the reason it was made is one of the most uplifting stories in music.

The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown
Price: 5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Book Ever, 29 Oct 2010
I Like Dan Browns style, I like the way he tells a story. I enjoyed all his previous books and was looking forward to this one.
When I bought it I managed to fight the urge to read it and saved it for my holiday in Turkey.
What was I thinking. Seldom if ever have I read a book and hoped that the main characters met with a slow painful death. This book is horrible in every way you can imagine. Hopefully even Tom Hanks will draw the line at making this in to a movie..
The over riding emotion that this book evoked was anger. I felt angry reading it, but couldnt manage to stop, which made me angry at myself.
I left it in the hotel library and resisted the urge to leave a note warning people not to bother. Thankfully I bring a few books on holidays and had the wonderful Alone In Berlin and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo to help clear the dross out of my system.
During 2 weeks in the sun you get a rough idea of what books are popular. Needless to say this book wasnt in view, I seemed to have the only copy and mine was the only one left for fellow holiday makers. I doubt they would thank me.
I gave it 1 star as you cant leave 0 or -.