Profile for B. Hetherington > Reviews

Content by B. Hetherington

B. Hetherington (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
HSE COMPLIANT FIRST AID KIT - Premium 78 Piece First Aid Kit That Is Ideal For Home, Office, Car, Sports, Adventure. CE Marked & HSE Compliant.
Offered by AAO Trading Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared for emergencies, 23 Mar. 2016
Great item - we had builders in and one of them cut himself and I realised I wasn't prepared for a minor emergency like that! So I ordered the Leo Premium First Aid kit to be prepared in future. Fortunately I haven't needed to use it yet but looking through it contains everything you need for small injuries such as cuts, burns, bruising etc. I will going to get another one to keep in the car.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2016 3:15 PM GMT

Camden Gear Backpack. Fits up to 17" Laptop. Rucksack For School - Hiking. Great Bag for Men and Women. Water Resistant, Best with Multiple Compartments. Black and Grey
Offered by QA Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, plenty of room and a good price!, 22 Feb. 2016
I am so pleased with this rucksack. It's a great price and is perfect for everyday use if commuting or days out and also sturdy enough for longer walks and expeditions. Very comfortable and robust, fits everything I need. Highly recommended as it fulfils what it sets out to do at a value for money price.

Tom Franks Ladies Supersoft Coral Fleece Dressing Gown (M/L, Black spot)
Tom Franks Ladies Supersoft Coral Fleece Dressing Gown (M/L, Black spot)
Offered by BrandBuys (SMD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect dressing gown, 12 Feb. 2016
Perfect dressing gown, just what I wanted. It was surprisingly difficult to find a well priced, cosy yet not too thick dressing gown that didn't come in pastel colours only - this one fits the bill perfectly and at a very good price. Fast delivery, well packaged, just ideal.

Ginger Ray Christmas White Xmas Wooden Sign Decoration / Centrepiece - Vintage Noel

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely well made decoration, 12 Feb. 2016
A lovely attractive addition to our Christmas decorations - well made and very fast delivery.

Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt
Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this product and am now addicted to steam cleaning, 6 Jan. 2016
I love this product and am now addicted to steam cleaning. I am steam cleaning anything that doesn't move. I have worked my way around the kitchen, all my cupboards are now sparkling, the microwave looks brand new and I got it in 1984, it is a wonderful thing. I intend to steam clean the entire house given time. Great value for money, it takes around 3-4 minutes to heat up and then lasts around 15 minutes which I was impressed by. There is a hissing noise when you pull the steam trigger but not too loud. There is no leaking or steam escaping from places it shouldn't. I totally recommend this product.

The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever
by Marie Kondo

5.0 out of 5 stars Discarding and folding really are changing my life!, 13 Oct. 2015
I have read so many decluttering books and they are there cluttering up my bookshelves saying 'See, I knew you'd never do it'. I am 'an untidy person' and live in chaos until it reaches critical mass and I HAVE to do something. So I tidy a drawer, tidy a shelf, make the hallway look a bit more welcoming, throw out bags of rubbish then congratulate myself on doing such a good job and return to my old ways again.
I recently reached critical mass when my daughter brought her new boyfriend home to meet us and said 'Can you tidy the house and make it look like normal people's houses'. That hit me where it hurt so I did the same thing of going on Amazon and finding a new decluttering book which just happened to Marie Kondo's (I liked the minimalist cover!) It arrived last Friday, I had read it by Saturday and somehow something clicked in me - this was going to change my life and put me in control of my possessions rather than them controlling me.
Now I know it is very early days but I wake up in the morning with a smile on my face and a lightness knowing I will be eliminating my joyless socks today and will have a neat sock drawer that I can actually open, where the socks are folded in pairs (not balled up)and have no holes in and take up about one-tenth of the room as they did before. It gives me joy!
This has never, ever happened before. Ever. I know a lot of people are sceptical a) about the book and b) about me continuing this journey until I have a neat house containing only the things I want. My husband is sceptical that I will stop buying 'stuff' from eBay and from sales because they are bargains even though they never get used. I understand this. I am not arguing with them because I know they will see the end result by next spring when I can invite someone into my home without saying 'Excuse the mess' automatically as they walk through the door.
I accept that it won't suit everyone, nothing can. You may be happy with your way of living already but if you're not, if your possessions control you, if you are not happy with your surroundings and know there is a better way but just can't find it, then it may speak to you as it did to me. I think Marie Kondo is as mad as a box of frogs but I find that endearing rather than annoying, I love her eccentricity. I also think she is a genius for tapping into a general feeling of having too much and not being happy with it and for that I thank her.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2015 5:24 PM GMT

Osmo Blinding Shine Shampoo  Purifies & Revitalises The Hair For Super Smooth, Glossy Results - 1000ml
Osmo Blinding Shine Shampoo Purifies & Revitalises The Hair For Super Smooth, Glossy Results - 1000ml
Offered by Im Fabulous

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Nov. 2014
Great shampoo, lasts forever, makes my hair feel nice and incredible value for money.

Rieker Z8760-03 Black/Red 37 EU
Rieker Z8760-03 Black/Red 37 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous boots, 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Rieker Z8760-03 Black/Red (Shoes)
I had seen these in a shoe shop for £68 and had a look online to see if I could get them any cheaper - and I found these at £43 with free postage. They arrived the next day and are just perfect, very comfortable and warm. They look good with jeans and leggings but also with skirts and dresses so they will get a lot of wear.

Knitting with The Color Guys
Knitting with The Color Guys
by Kaffe Fassett

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book with nice patterns - a rare combination, 2 April 2012
This is a beautifully produced book showing off not just the work of Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably but also gorgeous photographs of the things that inspire them - from nature, from pottery, from textiles. This is what I would term a coffee table book as it is wonderful just to look at the glorious photography and read about what inspires their design processes but often such books aren't really very practical with few if any patterns that you would really want to knit. This is what sets this book apart from the rest - it is full of some very doable ideas and patterns for both the beginner and the experienced knitter and encourages you to experiment and push your boundaries with the use of colour and texture. I am already on my second Hyacinth Scarf which is so easy, so quick to make but so effective using one 100g ball of Regia Stripe and one 20g ball of Rowan Kidsilk Haze. It is worth noting that the patterns are all for accessories such as scarves, stoles, throws, hats etc and not for actual garments.

United Nude Women's Fold Hi Ankle Boots
United Nude Women's Fold Hi Ankle Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning boots, 23 Jan. 2012
I saw these boots in a department store last November and fell in love with them but they were out of my price range. When I discovered them for sale on Amazon for half the price and also with an extra 10% off offer I had no choice and placed an order for them in the Kimono shade! They arrived two days later from France and they are simply absolutely stunning. They are incredibly comfortable to wear and get so many admiring comments. I just love them!

Page: 1 | 2