Profile for N Tapley > Reviews

Content by N Tapley

N Tapley "BigDaddy ACTUAL" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
DelTex® Chat Cable for PlayStation 4 PS4 / Xbox One Turtle Beach Headset
DelTex® Chat Cable for PlayStation 4 PS4 / Xbox One Turtle Beach Headset
Offered by DMB Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm., 30 April 2016
Spot on. Replaced my frayed turtle beach wire. No need for any adapters. Plugs straight into the controller. 90° connector at the controller end should help increase it's life span. Lead isn't too long that it wraps around everything, just long enough to do the job. Shame it doesn't come with any volume/mute controls, but for the price it'll do nicely.

Wow Stuff Science Museum Tornada Spheres
Wow Stuff Science Museum Tornada Spheres
Offered by Venture Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating., 30 April 2016
Fascinating to watch it spin. Seems to want to go on indefinitely. Difficult to use the straw to get it to spin faster, but i love the sound it makes as it revs up to speed when you do manage to get it to spin faster. There is a knack to it. Comes with a nice little led light to give it a touch of glamour as it spins. Best suited on glass or a mirror. Shame the delivery driver was a miserable sap.

Premium GOLD Xbox One Talkback Chat Cable for Turtle Beach® Gaming Headsets - 1
Premium GOLD Xbox One Talkback Chat Cable for Turtle Beach® Gaming Headsets - 1
Offered by Reytid Limted

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work., 11 Mar. 2016
Didn't work on my turtle beaches, Plugs in ok to my controller and headset but no mic and no sound.

Xbox Live £10 Credit [Xbox Live Online Code]
Xbox Live £10 Credit [Xbox Live Online Code]

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 6 Dec. 2015
Instant my arse.

Transcend 16 GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi
Transcend 16 GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi

4.0 out of 5 stars Little... Black...Different... Better., 8 Jun. 2015
Length:: 0:14 Mins

Amazingly easy to set up and operate. I literally plugged it into the power outlet and off I went. I didn't even bother to go through the menus for the initial set up. After a few days I then went into the menu and tweaked the settings such as date and recording length. It defaulted to 1 min videos but I altered it to 3 min videos. The other option was 5 min videos.
It does state that this device should be operated within a vehicle that has a power outlet that is switched on or off via the ignition because it will begin recording as soon as it receives a power supply and stop recording once the supply has been cut. My car's ignition does NOT control the power outlet and I knew this when buying, as I just planned on plugging it in and out manually... but, to be fair, I have left it plugged in (accidentally) overnight and during work time and it didn't drain the car battery. I probably shouldn't operate it in this fashion but never mind.
The power lead is very long which is great as I have my camera fitted behind my rear view mirror so the lead is tucked in along the top and down the side of the windscreen, down past the dash, under the dash and still have some lead spare.
The camera is a nice size. Not too big. I don't even know its there behind my mirror.

I have a couple of issues with this device though. One is the shiny chrome edging. I didn't want to keep taking the camera in and out the car when it's not being used. It lives behind the mirror and it's staying there, but the chrome edging is like a "STEAL ME" sign... or a "Smile! You're On Candid Camera!" message. I want it to be inconspicuous. To fix this I simply got some black insulation tape and carefully covered the chroming and also the white lettering. Now you can't see the camera in position unless you're looking for it. Sorted,
Second, is the wireless app. I can't get it to work. This may be something I am doing wrong so I'm not going to mark it down because of this.

I deactivated the g force sensor as it went into emergency recording mode a couple of times going over road humps. But, there are sensitivity options in the menu. I just simply turned it off.

All in all, a very nice dash cam. I have left a short sample video... and from where I was sitting I thought I had run the dog over.

Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD]
Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amelia Bullmore
Offered by DVD SOLUTIONS - FAST WORLDWIDE DELIVERY

5.0 out of 5 stars A thinking mans comedy., 5 Dec. 2014
Brilliant. Comedy genius's. Still cracks me up 10 years later. The clip with the surgeon who's struggling operating on a patient rushes to the phone to seek advice from a fellow colleague... and the 2 CDC scientists who discover a new strain of virus that could decimate the world population, debate on whether to work overtime the weekend. I laughed so hard I puked.

A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
by James Bowen

4.0 out of 5 stars Humbling., 5 Dec. 2014
Nice story. Opens your eyes a little more to what goes on out there in the city.

Java: A Beginner's Guide, Sixth Edition
Java: A Beginner's Guide, Sixth Edition
by Herbert Schildt

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the most clear and concise book I've read., 5 Dec. 2014
Beginners guide? Not really. It starts off well but soon becomes entangled in itself it becomes difficult to get your head around. If you're learning java from scratch, some may find it overwhelming. If you have a reasonably strong academic background you will probably be ok. I can read it now and it all makes sense but when I was learning from scratch it was a bit too much and I found other books and online websites that explain java clearer, but I still use it for some quick referencing every now and then.

Proxima Direct® 0.01g to 200g Super Mini Digital Scale / Accuracy Electronic Professional Digital Jewellery Scale Coin Scale Gold Scale Precision Weighing Scale Pocket Scale Pocket Digital Scale iPhone Shape Handy Scale / 0.2KG Capacity
Offered by Proxima Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate., 14 Dec. 2013
Want to see what your gold rings are worth on the market? This will give you a spot on reading in 100ths of a gramme. And they're very accurate. Tested using some accurate weights from work and they're plenty good enough. Comes with hard plastic protective cover and nice little faux leather wallet. Bought a year ago and battery is still going strong. A good buy.

Chicony A065R00DL AZ14 AC Adapter Charger Power Cord for HP G42/G50/G60/G60-127NR/G60-231WM/G60-233CA

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly constructed., 14 Dec. 2013
Bought this 2 years ago. No longer works. Worked perfectly originally but after 6 months I starting noticing the covering for the wiring was coming away from both the connection to the mains plug and the wiring into the laptop. Insulation tape applied and the connection soon started becoming intermittent and the laptop would warn me it wasn't receiving a charge. A light wiggle with the connection into the laptop would remedy this. Finally decided it was a health and safety liability a few months ago and got rid of. Obviously mass produced at a sweatshop factory in some poverished country.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3