Profile for girl.next.door > Reviews

Content by girl.next.door

girl.next.door

A Game of Thrones (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
A Game of Thrones (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
by George R. R. Martin

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 30 May 2012
I really enjoyed this. Was definitely different to any other book I have read (and I do read a lot!). Perhaps a bit "bloody" and chilling sometimes (hence the 4 stars), but mostly gripping and addictive. I was a bit unsure initially whether I should read the sequels, but have definitely decided to go for it upon finishing this one. Look forward to reading the rest!

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 May 2012
Really good book, loved the plot, the way the story was portrayed in two parallel timelines. The characters seemed very real and the book was literally unputdownable, albeit a bit terrifying at times! Highly recommend it.

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your time.., 21 May 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
I don't normally leave bad reviews, but I thought for this book I would make an exception. To be honest, I read it in a couple of days. But not because I thought it was a great, utterly gripping read - it was because I was desperate to get it over with and go back to reading books that don't make me feel like I'm WASTING MY TIME.
The story line is very boring, there is no culmination, no moments of suspense, only cheesy lines and cliches (that, and the words "oh my" after every couple of pages which made me cringe). The fact that they have sex continuously made me skip the sex scenes, which frankly started to get boring.
The whole idea behind the book isn't bad, it's just the way the author portrays it. The guy buying her an Audi R8 after 2 weeks of knowing her "just because he can" made me feel like there is more truth in Harry Potter books than in 50 SOG! I mean, seriously?
And don't even get me started on the girl's ability to orgasm every 30 seconds!
All in all, a disappointing read, will definitely not buy the sequels, and would surely NOT recommend it to others.

2 X Stylus Pen For Apple Ipod Touch Ipad 1 Ipad 2 Ipad 3 Iphone 3Gs 3G 4G Nokia Samsung HTC Google Blackberry LG Sony Ericsson Smartphones
Offered by bfloweryan

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy, 21 May 2012
The pens DO NOT work, and look nothing like the ones advertised on the website. The tip is made of foam not rubber. Even though they are very cheap, there is no excuse for selling them if they cannot do what they were meant to do in the first place. Am quite frustrated to be honest, and cannot understand what product other people got which prompted them to give it a 5 star review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2013 7:47 AM BST