Profile for Tommy_99 > Reviews

Tommy_99

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars size small??, 26 Aug 2011
A big fan of the Sons of Anarchy show, I wanted me a Samcro t shirt. There's nothing wrong with the fabric or design, but I ordered a small and it fits like a large. Guess I'll wear it in bed or something.

Dexter - Seasons 1-3 Complete [DVD]
Dexter - Seasons 1-3 Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall
Offered by BIG Bargains
Price: 45.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Subtitles?, 2 Aug 2011
I ordered this box set for my mother because she really likes the show. She speaks dutch, so I was glad to see it had dutch subtitles (or so the info on amazon says). Turns out that only the first season has dutch subtitles. Seasons two and three only have the english subtitles.

Dexter is a great tv show, don't get me wrong. But the information about the subtitles is misleading.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2011 3:17 PM BST

Bowling For Columbine [DVD] [2002]
Bowling For Columbine [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Documentary
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.87

3.0 out of 5 stars don't believe the hype, 15 July 2011
First of all, I enjoyed watching Bowling for Columbine a lot. Michael Moore gets the right people in front of the camera and gets the quotes essential to make his own story in a story.

Second, Moore hasn't gotten all the facts right. But one important fact disturbs me the most. Klebold and Harris never went bowling the day they committed the 'massacre'.

Problem with this documentary is, Michael Moore is a left-wing boy, and he ain't hiding it. I believe that a good documentary has to be objective, Bowling for Columbine is anything except that. As a European man, I have a different view on the subject. Michael Moore portrays the USA as a country where there's a lot of violence, where lots of crazy people live, where the media has a lot of power etc...

Maybe Michael Moore hasn't spend that much time in Europe, but as a police officer I can honestly tell you mister Moore that we also have a lot of crazy, radical folk living in Europe, that it is easy to get a gun on a black market, that there also is a lot of violence in European city's. Europe also produces 'Klebold and Harris' characters.

Yes, this documentary is highly entertaining, but watch it with a cautious eye.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2012 7:42 PM GMT

It
It
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 14 July 2011
This review is from: It (Hardcover)
Want to get your hands on a classic King novel? You can do no wrong with 'It'.

When I was about 10 years old I watched the movie It (thank you mother). You can not believe how scared I was for a long long time. Now I'm 29 years old and I still believe that clowns are scary creatures. I hate clowns. My mother has always been a Stephen King fan, and I remember there was always some King book lying around in the living room. I was always fascinated by the covers. When I was old enough, about 15 years, I had the courage to start reading 'It'. The book as usual is better than the movie.
Maybe it's because I'm almost turning 30 and I 'm in some sort of nostalgic mood, I have the urge to relive some parts of my youth. So recently, I bought IT through amazon, with the old school cover and it has been a joy reading this book again. Having read most of Kings books, IT is one of my all time favorites. It doesn't really 'scare' me, but I remember how I felt back in the days when I first saw the movie.

Stephen King is no John Steinbeck or Capote... But King is truly a master in telling a story, and giving you a feeling of being in the story. IT is a page turner, and that's a good thing considering it's length.

Yesterday, I had graveyard shift at the police station, I was reading IT. Some collegues passed by, looking at my book. 'Oh that's the book with the clown and the children', 'Oh, it's IT!' ...

IT is a classic.

In Your Dreams
In Your Dreams
Price: 14.72

4.0 out of 5 stars vintage Stevie, 13 July 2011
This review is from: In Your Dreams (Audio CD)
Yes, Stevie delivers again. After the great 'Trouble in Shangri La', it's time for 'In Your Dreams'. Again, Stevie Nicks surrounds herself with the right kind of people to make another great album. It has everything you'd expect from her. Great songs, great voice, great music. Stevie doesn't need to start shaking her ass to sell records. This is what 'girl power' is about. All you gaga's, perry's out there, take a lesson from Stevie. This is a woman.

Columbine
Columbine
by David Cullen
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the real story, 24 Jun 2011
This review is from: Columbine (Paperback)
The Columbine massacre always has always fascinated me in a way. What makes people do evil things? Why? So much has been written and said about the massacre that you don't know what to believe first. Eric and Harris were the victims of bully's and went out on a killing spree seeking revenge? No, that's not what happened.

Dave Cullen tells the real story in his book, and I found it a very interesting, shocking, sad, story.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent for running, 23 Jun 2011
What to wear for running? There are so many options, but this shirt is excellent. Mind you, this is tight fit, so if you have a belly, it will show. The shirt gives support where needed, keeps you cool when it's hot, and warm when it's cold. Highly recommended!

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by Shop4World
Price: 36.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best, 18 Jun 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
13 years ago I was about 16 years old, I remember vividly getting my N64 with Ocarina of Time. Going up to my room, hooking the system up to my tele and watching that intro movie. Link riding his horse on the fields of Hyrule,. and that beautiful piece of music. For me it has always been the ultimate game.

So you can imagine I was thrilled to hear the news that Ocarina was making his way to the 3DS system. Should I buy it or not? 3DS ain't cheap. But damn, it is Zelda we are talking about. As expected, I went out and bought the game and a 3DS. After all these years, the game still amazes me as it did the first time. It is beautifully recreated for a new generation of gamers on the 3DS system. The atmosphere of the game is still the same as 13 years ago, maybe even better. I'm glad Nintendo didn't change the way of the game, the essence is still here, it all looks just better.

Now is the time to get yourself a 3DS system and experience the most legendary game ever.

(Nintendo, please, next in line should be Majora's Mask)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2011 9:28 PM BST

Live at the Main Point, 1975
Live at the Main Point, 1975
Price: 8.69

5.0 out of 5 stars get it!, 20 May 2011
Get this album now! The sound quality is great, the songs are even better, and the artist singing them is the best ever.

Final Fantasy VII Platinum
Final Fantasy VII Platinum
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited
Price: 87.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Fantasy, 14 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I remember back in the PSOne era, there was a lot of commotion surrounding FF7. I remember seeing the tv commercial and feeling intrigued. A buddy of mine got the game and I saw him play it. At first, I didn't know what to make of it. There was no 'real' fighting going on. You just had to give your characters commands and then they would perform certain actions. You have to give me some credit.. this is Europe, and RPG's was a Japanese thing. Ultimately, my buddy convinced me to get the game.

Final Fantasy 7 is more than a game, it's an experience you seldom get as a gamer. The storytelling, the characters, the music... it's magic. After all these years, it remains my favorite FF game. Let's hope that Square-Enix put their heads together for a remake of this unique game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8