Profile for Tommy_99 > Reviews

Content by Tommy_99

Tommy_99

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)
Price: 31.85

4.0 out of 5 stars old school shooting, 19 Jun 2014
Wolfenstein: The new order is an amazing game. It's a throwback to the good old shoot 'm up days. The game poses one of the most talked about questions. What if the Nazi's would have won the war. How would we fare? What kind of world would we live in? The Nazi's are ahead of their time, being on the moon already in 1960 and having build amazing tall buildings. The main villain Dr Deathshead (voiced by the great Dwight Schultz - Murdock in the A-Team) has created some sort of super soldiers and they all try to shoot the .... out of you. Your job is to kill the nazi's, together with the resistance. The game has a great soundtrack en plays good. Graphics are not breathtaking, but very decent.

Highly recommended!

Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U)
Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Wii U)
Offered by Re-Play (Video Games & Movies) Ltd
Price: 38.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun fun fun, 19 Jun 2014
Having played all previous Mario Kart games, I must say that MK 8 is probably the best of the series. It's highly addictive and fun. Fun is the keyword here. You'll be smiling, laughing, shouting, getting angry from time to time when playing MK 8. The tracks look gorgeous, there are still blue shells that can mess up your perfect race but overall, the items are more balanced. Online racing works perfect and is the best way to play MK 8 in my opinion. They could have done with a little less 'useless' characters, and why not include other Nintendo figures like Link, Zelda, Samus Aran, Fox McCloud etc.. Maybe an idea for MK 9?

MK 8 is so far the best game of 2014!

Commando [Blu-ray] [1985]
Commando [Blu-ray] [1985]
Dvd ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Eighties classic, 25 April 2014
Growing up in the eighties, as a boy, you were automatically a fan of Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Norris, Van Damme, etc.. The golden age of action movies. I have seen Commando countless times. I know this is not a movie in the same league as say The Godfather, but you can enjoy it just as much.

I will cherish Commando forever.

Out Among The Stars
Out Among The Stars
Offered by Star Deals De
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure for fans, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Out Among The Stars (Audio CD)
Johnny Cash is gone, but his music lives on. It's a cliché but it is true. The man is an icon and his influence on music is something that can't be measured. Being a big fan of Cash, I was very excited about the anouncement of Out among the stars. I did something that I hadn't done in a long time. The day of the release of the album, I rushed to the store excited like a kid on Christmas eve.
I bought the cd and lp.

So what can I say. It's vintage Johnny Cash. The album sounds amazing and it's a true treasure for the fans. There's not a bad track on it. There's so much crappy music being produced today, Out among the stars is a relief. Too bad we have to rely on an eighties album from a man who passed away years ago to enjoy 'new' music.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Price: 18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars What a tease, 11 April 2014
First of all, all of you who are complaining that this game is a rip off because it's short.... You knew this in advance. It was announced that Ground Zeroes wasn't going to be a full game, but a prologue of what's to come. If you don't want to pay money for it, then don't. As a fan of the series, I have no problem buying this 'prologue'. In fact, this is one of the best games around for the moment for PS4.
It plays amazing and looks gorgeous. Replay value is very high unlike some other 'full' games.
Can't wait for Phantom Pain now!

inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4)
Price: 42.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated game, 11 April 2014
Infamous: Second Son on PS4 is a decent game. It looks good and has some fun gameplay elements. What keeps this game from being very good, is a weak storyline and repetitiveness. It's always the same thing you'll be doing over and over again. The city of Seatlle looks beautiful, but let's be honest, there's nothing to do. It lacks life. I also find the character designs ugly and dull.
Buy it when it gets cheaper!

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Offered by SelectGames
Price: 52.87

3.0 out of 5 stars good game, but flawed, 16 Mar 2014
I must admit, I'm not a big fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise.
I decided to give AC IV a go on PS4, basically because I want to play some games on that machine.
The game has some good atmosphere and looks good. The story isn't what will keep you playing. Exploring the ocean and discovering islands is what keeps you entertained. What bothers me most is the bad controls. While running, you'll often do some things you didn't plan. Like climbing a tree all of a sudden. All in all, decent game.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2014 4:43 PM BST

NBA 2K14 (PS4)
NBA 2K14 (PS4)
Price: 31.85

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this game, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: NBA 2K14 (PS4) (Video Game)
I've been playing NBA videogames since.. euh NBA Jam! We have come a long way since then.
I bought 2k14 for my PS4, the difference between 2k13 isn't that big. It plays the same, but it looks a bit better. Some players are very detailed, tattoos and everything. I still wish they would include more legend teams. (we need Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley!). The dream teams from 2k13 are gone (why?). And maybe a little less hiphop please. I keep one song in rotation, in the air tonight by Phil Collins.

SONY PS VITA BLACK SOFT SLEEVE BAG CASE POUCH COVER FOR PSV
SONY PS VITA BLACK SOFT SLEEVE BAG CASE POUCH COVER FOR PSV
Offered by Digital Accessories Ltd
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove, 24 Feb 2014
This thing is perfect for putting the vita in when nog playing. Nice and smooth. + it's cheap! (and soft)

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - Limited Digipack Version (PS4)
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition - Limited Digipack Version (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lara's first adventure, 13 Feb 2014
I have never been a big fan of the Tomb Raider series, but I decided to give this one a go on PS4. This is where it all begins, it's Lara's first nightmarish adventure. The game borrows a lot from the Uncharted series, but that can't be bad, can it? Anyway, the tone of the game is pretty dark, it's not a happy story. The gameplay is awesome, it all feels very natural and the game looks gorgeous.
Highly recommended!