Profile for sly1 > Reviews

Content by sly1

sly1

ALL EXPENSES PAID (Fact meets Fiction)
ALL EXPENSES PAID (Fact meets Fiction)

1.0 out of 5 stars Parts of it sounded like they were mere fantasy and I found I was ..., 21 July 2014
The subtitle 'fact meets fiction' kept popping into my mind whilst reading the (poorly written) book. Exactly what was the factual content? Parts of it sounded like they were mere fantasy and I found I was not at all convinced. OK, maybe it's me and I have far more regard for my personal safety than the author who although she wisely gave Axl the slip (but then seemed to hanker after his reappearance) blithely got into a car with a complete stranger and allowed herself to be driven to a party whilst being followed by his crazy, and erratic, companion. I kept worrying that she was about to be driven off the road, attacked and left for dead! I would like to think that there is still much fun to be had at 80+ though although I am not at all sure that Betty actually existed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 10:50 PM BST

Cousins [DVD] [1989]
Cousins [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Ted Danson
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars great film, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Cousins [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
This is one of my favourite films. It is dated now of course but still a really good feel good film. Ted Danson is such a natural and teh ending is just how it should be.

Wuthering Heights [DVD] [1992]
Wuthering Heights [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Juliette Binoche
Offered by PickleTickle

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, 10 Feb 2014
This was a dreadful adaptation. It lacked all the passion of the book . I gave it to a charity shop

The Woman Upstairs
The Woman Upstairs

2.0 out of 5 stars dull, 10 Feb 2014
I kept reading to see what the betrayal would be ( I guessed it well before the end anyway and wanted to see if my hunch was correct ) but I skimmed most of the book. Yes it made a change to frothy chick lit and the usual twee two dimensional characters in that none of the characters here were at all likeable. The main character annoyed me by being a complete walkover, she seemed angry and I felt she really needed to get a life of her own rather than attach herself to that of others. I also found her doting on the child a bit weird and unsettling. In short, it made me feel uncomfortable. Perhaps that was the intention?