Profile for BMGREEN > Reviews

Content by BMGREEN

BMGREEN (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)

EA Sports Active 2 (PS3)
EA Sports Active 2 (PS3)
Offered by SelectGames
Price: 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative during winter I guess, 20 Mar 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this for Christmas and have been using it for about 3 months now. I have to say it is a good alternative, especially if you cannot be bothered to go to the gym when it is dark and wet outside, after a day of hard work in the office.

There are some really good things about it; firstly, you will break a sweat (this is not like working out on a WII (no offence)), depending on which setting you choose, and your own fitness level. I run quite a bit, and play a team sport twice a week, so I guess I am relatively fit, but I still break a sweat on the hard setting, and ensuring that the programme lasts for 45mins. What I really like about it is that it spends a lot of the time working your "core strength" which is something that I did not have time to train. The next day you feel some muscles in places where they have just woken up out of slumber. I especially enjoy the "basketball" work outs, which can be a little bit challenging.

Overall, the accuracy is about 80-90% I would say, especially with some exercises, it does not work very well such as the "push ups" it just doesn't seem to work ok, however, having said that, most of the exercises are explained clearly before hand and this should help you with conducting the exercise, you also have to option to pause the work out with the option "show me how" which I found, especially in the beginning, very helpful indeed, and it reduced my frustration with the game not responding in the way I was anticipating, this was mainly due to the fact that I was not doing the exercise correctly.

In summary, if you want to do a good work out, this game goes some way to providing this. You can set your own training programme (the only annoying thing is that you have to set it to 4 time a week, and I cannot commit to this, and it does not allow you to change the programme to reflect your availability) which means that you have a lot of missed training days which begin to add up over time and this is a little bit frustrating.

Good exercise, good training and a rather fun way to ensure you stay fit during the cold winter nights, but don't expect it to change your fitness level, unless you do some extra sports, and are careful with what you eat. Getting fit requires a combination of efforts, EA sports active 2 could well be one of them. Enjoy!

Rural Development: Putting the last first (World Development)
Rural Development: Putting the last first (World Development)
by Robert Chambers
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting subject, food for thought, 30 Oct 2003
I've read this book because I am very interested in the subject. The book comes up with some good ideas and sometimes addresses the problems of rural development in a controversial way, but never the less the conclusion is good and I will definetely recommend the book. But the only downside is, you have to stay focus on the subject and stay crititcal whilst reading it and you'll be okay, alot of food for thought after reading this book, I'll garuantee you that!

International Economics
International Economics
by Thomas Pugel

5.0 out of 5 stars International Economics the way it should be, 30 Oct 2003
I've read the book for my second year at university and I found it (in contrast to other people) very useful! I would very much recommend it. Pugel uses practical examples wich are easy to understand for most undergraduates. In most cases you can, as a student, relate the theory into practice. Easy to read and very clear cut diagrammes, if you are a undergraduate at University, I would very much recommend you to read this book. Pick it up from the library and if it works for you as it did for me, than I suggest to buy it. (the paperback version though, we're still students ;))