ARRAY(0x9ce0478c)

Profile for Mr. APH Lloyd > Reviews

Content by Mr. APH Lloyd

Mr. APH Lloyd "er_shubtill"

A Song in the Morning
A Song in the Morning
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 21 Dec 2013
This is one of the best books I have read from this author. As others have said, keeps you riveted until the very last page. A must-read book

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bootiful, 17 Jan 2013
I've been after a pair of these boots since I borrowed a pair on a visit to Australia. I had no room in my case to bring a pair home. I was struck how comfortable they are, easy to slip on and off and just a well produced item. Members of my Australian family seem to wear them from cradle to grave. They reckon they are practically impossible to wear out. From work, leisure and just everyday wear, I recommend this snazzy looking footwear.

They Found Our Engineer: The Story of Arthur Goddard. The Land Rover's first Engineer
by Michael Bishop
Price: 14.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish with a capital R, 28 Jun 2012
I bought this book as a 60th Birthday present for a Land Rover enthusiast. Thank heaven I didn't choose the gift wrap option and had it posted to the intended recipient in Australia. I would have been ashamed to have received this. The print was poor quality, it looked and felt as it had been produced on an old dot matrix printer. Even more annoying, each page had been rubber stamped with the Publisher's name - as if to say the book was stolen from, rather than purchased from. The book was returned next day.

Very, very disappointed with the quality and the overall feel of the book.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2012 10:50 PM BST

The Secret War: Volume 2 [VHS]
The Secret War: Volume 2 [VHS]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret War - Still on the Secret List?, 12 April 2011
One of the best series ever produced by the BBC. I saw the series on TV when it was first broadcast, the BBC at its very best. I have read and re-read the book many times. I have written to the BBC and asked when the series is to be released on DVD. They have no plans, they say. What a wasted opportunity.

Wings of the Luftwaffe: Flying German Aircraft of World War II (Consign)
Wings of the Luftwaffe: Flying German Aircraft of World War II (Consign)
by Captain Eric Brown
Price: 22.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Wings of the Luftwaffe, 9 Sep 2010
This book has been a revelation to me. I often wondered where all the information on the captured WW2 Axis aircraft came from - now I know. The book is very well written, easy to follow and understand by non technical people such as myself. I like the brief, often one sentence summary that Captain Brown starts each aircraft chapter with. This seems to sum up that aircraft perfectly. The photos are good, many by the author himself. It is rather a shame that some of these aircraft no longer exist, but thanks to Captain Brown, at least a record remains of these magnificent aircraft.

This book will have pride of place in my collection.

The Greenhouse Expert (Expert Series)
The Greenhouse Expert (Expert Series)
by Dr. D.G. Hessayon
Price: 2.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Expert, 27 July 2010
I was a little disappointed with the book. It was far too wide ranging to be of much use to a novice greenhouse owner. I would have like to have seen more emphasis on growing tomatoes, cucumbers and the like. Too much room was devoted to house plants, which I believe is covered in other books in the series. I also would like to see temperatures in celsius and not fahrenheit.

Action Stations Revisited: No1 Eastern England
Action Stations Revisited: No1 Eastern England
by Michael J.F. Bowyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Stations, 4 July 2010
A very good book, very pleased to see the author has updated it for the 21st Century. Sad to see some of the airfields I was stationed at as a lad, are now derelict. The book is well worth a read.

Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection 1-6 [DVD]
Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection 1-6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Shatner
Price: 19.03

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best By Far, 24 Nov 2009
Just watched the first in the series. The last time I watched this was on an old VHS recorder recorded from the television. I was amazed at the quality of the DVD and eagerly look forward to the other films in the box set. I was not a great fan of the original series, I thought it a little too camp, I prefered ST: Voyager.

I recommend this to anyone, buy it - steal it - receive it for Christmas. Most of all, enjoy it.