Profile for Jk Parrott > Reviews

London Pottery 2 Cup Globe Teapot Ivory
London Pottery 2 Cup Globe Teapot Ivory
Price: 8.51

3.0 out of 5 stars Crazed Glazed, 29 Mar 2013
I bought this teapot to replace an identical one from the same maker
after I broke the lid. It's a good convenient size.
Unfortunately, after a week or so, the glaze on the new one
became crazed for no apparent reason.

Fender Performance Series jack/jack 3m (10 ft) black
Fender Performance Series jack/jack 3m (10 ft) black
Offered by EESMusic
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Guitar Lead, 29 Mar 2013
A quality guitar lead at a competitive price from this highly recommended seller.
Prompt delivery. The 10ft length is useful for rehearsals or a small stage area
where a long lead would get in the way.

Canon Original Ink Cartridges for Pixma MG5150 / MG5250 / MG5350 / MX715 / MX885 / MX895 / ip4850 / ip4950 / IX6550 Printers - Cyan/ Magenta/ Yellow/ Black/ Large Black (Pack of 5)
Price: 46.33

3.0 out of 5 stars I wish they would last longer, 29 Mar 2013
The print quality is great, bit oh! how I wish they lasted longer.
Two start off for that!
No sooner have I installed the cartridges and printed a couple of photos, they're showing half empty
(or half full depending on your point of view).
The seller offered a competitive price with prompt delivery, so no arguments with them,
I would recommend their services.

How Tea Cosies Changed the World
How Tea Cosies Changed the World
by Loani Prior
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice book for knitters, 23 Feb 2013
A great gift for friends & family who are knitters. We bought it for our friend's daughter and she loves it.

Out of Touch in the Wild
Out of Touch in the Wild
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Totally Brilliant band, a Totally Brilliant album!, 23 Feb 2013
Dutch Uncles are one amazing band, and this is one amazing album.
Surely a contender for the Mercury Prize this year.

Replacement Battery for Tom Tom 520 720 920 520T 720T 920T & LIVE Editions
Replacement Battery for Tom Tom 520 720 920 520T 720T 920T & LIVE Editions
Offered by Elite Electronics
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Remove your Old Battery Before Purchasing New, 10 April 2011
I'm sure this is an excellent product, but please make sure that your old Tom Tom battery is removable before you purchase a replacement. My old dead battery was permanently glued in, and unremovable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2011 9:52 PM GMT

Down The Line: Rarities
Down The Line: Rarities
Price: 12.33

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" CD for all Holly fans!, 13 July 2009
This review is from: Down The Line: Rarities (Audio CD)
I remember standing at the bus stop waiting for the school bus, when a woman came across the road from the newsagents with a copy of the Daily Mirror.
The front page carried the news of Buddy Holly's death, along with the Big Bopper & Richie Valens.
It was February 1959, I was 13 at the time, and only aware of That'll be The Day, not much else. However, I soon became a big fan, and although I wouldn't have believed anyone who would have told me at the time, I ended up making my living as a rock guitar player. This CD is a "must have" for all Holly fans, especially as it contains the undubbed "apartment tapes".
These are the songs like "Peggy Sue Got Married", to which backing was added after Holly's death, backing that most fans believe Buddy would have never have approved of. Also here, we have out-takes from Norman Petty sessions. You can hear Buddy talking to Norman as he trips over the lyrics on "Take Your Time".
There's a recording of Buddy when he was about 12 years old, and of course there's the early songs he wrote and sang with his friend Bob Montgomery.

A great collection, but you'll also need "Buddy Holly, The Memorial Collection", perhaps a littler duplication along the way but worth having the two CDs.
Get both!

Memorial Collection
Memorial Collection
Price: 12.46

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" CD for all Holly fans!, 13 July 2009
This review is from: Memorial Collection (Audio CD)
I was 13 at the time, and only aware of That'll be The Day, not much else. However, I soon became a big fan, and although I wouldn't have believed anyone who would have told me at the time, I ended up making my living as a rock guitar player. This CD is a "must have" for all Holly fans; everything you need in one collection, well almost everything.
You'll also need the "Down The Line Rarities" collection, which includes then un-dubbed versions of the "apartment tapes", plus recordings of Holly and the Crickets rehearsing in his parent's garage
Lots of very early stuff too, one track from when he was 12 years old, plus songs he wrote & recorded with Bob Montgomery.
Get both!

Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner (6400dpi, 3.4 Opt Density, USB 2.0)
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner (6400dpi, 3.4 Opt Density, USB 2.0)
Offered by Office Nerd
Price: 264.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson Perfection V500 Scanner, A Great Piece Of Kit, 11 April 2009
My aunt gave me 150 old "120" format family photo negatives, without prints.
This scanner revealed them in all their glory from 1949.
This is a great piece of kit which does loads of things.
I'm a Mac user; had no problems. A great buy.

JKP