Profile for D. Spring > Reviews

Content by D. Spring

D. Spring (England, Essex)

The Escape Manifesto: Quit Your Corporate Job - Do Something Different!
The Escape Manifesto: Quit Your Corporate Job - Do Something Different!
by Escape The City

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars. Awesome!, 8 Jan. 2014
I have just finished reading this book and wow. I cannot recommend it enough if you're someone who hates their corporate job, had enough of the corporate environment and fed up with corporate bureaucracy.

Having expressed my frustrations with a few friends, one of them sent me a picture of this book in a book shop. I didn't think much of it for a few days, just thought the title was very relevant to my mood. But then something happened in work which led me to Google the title. I had a quick read of the reviews and was excited.

Ten pages into the book I honestly thought it was written for me - everything I read was bang on par with what I was feeling. I was so energised I was tempted to hand my notice in the next day!

The Escape Manifesto is a powerfully well written book, full of encouragement and great ideas to get you thinking about your escape plan.

Philips DVP5960 - Multi-Region Capable DVD Player With HDMI And Upscaling To 1080i - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says it'll do, 5 Jan. 2008
Order Process:
I purchased this from Amazon on the 28th December at 1pm with guaranteed next delivery. The DVD player and HDMI lead (LINX HDMI Cable) arrived before 9am on the 29th December. Totally impressed with Amazon's service.

Why the Philips DVP5960:
* wanted a cheap upscaling DVD player so I could use one of my spare HDMI sockets I've got on my LCD
* matched and synced with my Philips TV (one remote and all that)
* supports DivX

So I thought the Philips DVP5960 was the answer until HD DVD players come down in price. And for £42.99 you can't really go wrong until then.

Hooked up to TV and Amplifier:
Picture Quality
After playing around with the settings you can see the difference here and there. I noticed it much more on people's faces.

Sound Quality
Connected the DVD player up to my amp through the coaxial plug. Have watched Transformers and Bourne Ultimatum so far and the sound is awesome!

Not sure If I'm going to miss out on DTS but then most, if not all, my DVD's are Dolby Digital. Either way the sound is amazing and much improved compared to my old Sony DVD player.

Multi Region
Changing the settings on the DVD player couldn't be easier. Just follow the instructions that people have supplied.

DivX
Plugged in my iPod, selected a film. Nothing more to it. Simple!

Overall, very impressed. Only snag is the remote. It isn't as responsive as my old DVD player.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2008 3:23 PM GMT

Sarah Key's Back Sufferers' Bible
Sarah Key's Back Sufferers' Bible
by Sarah Key

2.0 out of 5 stars Find it hard to read, 4 Nov. 2007
I've just bought this book in the hope it'll help me get rid of my sciatica - or at least help me control the pain in some way.

While the book it very informative, (I feel) it's also very hard to read. The more I read, the more confused I'm getting trying to diagnose the source which is causing my nerve to irritate.

It's not the best laid out back either.

Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000 - Dark Grey
Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000 - Dark Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 30 Oct. 2006
What a mouse this is - It looks very nice and is lovely to use!

It's smaller than a normal sized mouse but this isn't a problem.

Installation was quick and easy. Insert disc, select what mouse you have and you're away.

Judge and Jury
Judge and Jury
by James Patterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast read, 12 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Judge and Jury (Hardcover)
First book i've read by James Patterson. Not sure If i'd read another but still the book was an enjoyable holiday book. Chapters are very small (1 to 3 pages long) so it's quite a fast read.

Veto Power ("24" Declassified)
Veto Power ("24" Declassified)
by John Whitman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 23 July 2006
I've just finished reading 'Veto Power' and I must say it was a very enjoyable read!

Like a few people have said on their reviews "If you liked 'Operation Hell Gate' you'll love this one", I can totally see where they are coming from.

Veto Power, for me, was a much faster read and certainly kept me wanting more and more.

I'm very much looking forward to reading the next book...

Thank you again 24!