Profile for MAR2D2 > Reviews

The Bruce Campbell Collection Box Set [DVD]
The Bruce Campbell Collection Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Campbell

4.0 out of 5 stars Subtitled??, 19 July 2010
Are the movies in this box english subtitled??

Anyone?

Anyone???

I've seen the movies that are in this box. They are hilarious! Especially My name is Bruce and Bubba Ho-teb.

But please don't watch them if you ain't got no sense of humour, or if you don't know when to take a film seriously and when not.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2010 4:20 PM GMT

Dorian Yates: Blood And Guts
Dorian Yates: Blood And Guts
Dvd ~ Dorian Yates

4.0 out of 5 stars Not pretty, but it works., 2 July 2010
This review is from: Dorian Yates: Blood And Guts (DVD)
On this DVD are several workouts of Dorian. Nothing more, nothing less: no story, no color, no music, no talking.
So yes, it's very simple. But I admire Dorian Yates as a bodybuilder and as an individual. He's a no-nonsense guy, so this DVD reflects his personality.

I would have liked a little more information by the guy himself, an interview or something. Or some posing.

His workout is the Dorian Yates version of High Intensity Training. Which means he's doing multiple exercise per bodypart and, I suspect, not entirely to failure. But he ís doing only one post-warming up set per exercise and working like a beast.

The reason I'm giving this DVD 4 stars and not 3, is because it's honest. Not enhanced or flashy or fake. And that is something that is very rare and very needed in the world of this awesome sport.

Dogville [DVD] [2004]
Dogville [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, but has the DVD subtitles?, 23 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Dogville [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
First time I tried to see the rental version of Dogville, I quit after 2 minutes. What pretentious nihilistic crap!

Today, I am still ashamed for my premature judgement of this exceptional, intelligent and wonderfully paced movie.

I really should learn to watch a movie completely, determine the main idea it's trying to convey and then form an opinion based on how well it has succeeded in that. Even movies that don't comply to my expectations and predetermined views of how a movie should be.

And everybody should. Especially with this unorthodox movie.

I want to buy this DVD to put next the other 19 movies of my personal Top 20 best liked movies of all time.

But I would like to know if this DVD has English subtitles. Does anybody know?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2011 7:31 PM BST

We3 German ed
We3 German ed
by Grant Morrison

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong information, 19 Feb. 2010
This review is from: We3 German ed (Paperback)
This book is, like a number of other graphic novels from Amazon, in German!! Don't buy!
Also NOT hardcover.

The information Amazon gives of a number of graphic novels is NOT correct! Look at the publisher: if it's Panini Verlag, it's German.

Also, sometimes you get a softcover instead of the hardcover you ordered!
Amazon has become very sloppy with their information.