Profile for Thomas Page > Reviews

Content by Thomas Page

Thomas Page "BaggyGeoff" (wolverhampton W.Mids UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Closers
The Closers
by Michael Connelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Connelly, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Closers (Paperback)
I am a late comer to Michael Connelly, but I took to his style immediately. His tales with Harry Bosch are my favourites and he does not let me down.
Another good book from him, the plot is good the story keeps moving, drawing you further into the twists and turns that he inevitably puts in. A good sound read, thoroughly recommended.

Aromatherapy Hopi Ear Candles by Hopi Direct Featuring Natural Beeswax & Organic Cotton (No Chemicals) for Simple, Effective & Pain-free Ear Wax Removal & Sinus Relief - Handmade - 6 Pairs, 6 Scents
Offered by Hopi | Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Aromatherapy candles, 6 Dec. 2012
I have regularly used Hopi Candles for a number of years and have found them very beneficial, as wearing Hearing Aids I find wax build-up a problem, and I did not enjoy having my ears regularly "washed out" at my local Medical Practice. Recently, my supplier stopped producing my usual ones so this was an experiment to see what these were like. I was quite impressed with them, they looked a bit "amateurish" after my previous ones but after trying them I have to say that they were good. Not totally convinced about the aromas promised from the candles but the practical part of clearing the ears worked well and I would be happy to order them again.

Nothin But Love [Limited Edition]
Nothin But Love [Limited Edition]
Offered by MLG Merch

4.0 out of 5 stars Robert Cray, 6 Dec. 2012
I bought this album after hearing him play and sing on a TV Programme. I like this style of music and was satisfied with the majority of the songs although there two I was unimpressed with. That is the chance we take when buying an album, and disliking 2 out of 11 is better than sometimes can be achieved.

The Best Chillout Ever
The Best Chillout Ever
Offered by Bridge_Records

2.0 out of 5 stars Frozen out, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Best Chillout Ever (Audio CD)
I suffered with this one because I could not see the songs or artistes on the Amazon website. As a result I bought a double album with a large number of songs that I do not like or wish to hear again. My answer was to download and record the few that i did like. I cannot blame the album, but rather that the titles were not available to me to see prior to buying and I had to rely on reviews. It is not my personal taste in music unfortunately.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2013 10:56 AM BST

Seiko ER6100 Concise Oxford Dictionary with Thesaurus & Spellchecker
Seiko ER6100 Concise Oxford Dictionary with Thesaurus & Spellchecker

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Dictionary with Thesaurus & Spellchecker, 2 Nov. 2012
Very pleased with the item, it performs the functions that I require it to do. This is a replacement for an earlier model that I have "worn out". Comparing it to the earlier one I have to say that it is not quite as good. I found the buttons on the old one were much more straightforward in relation to the function required i.e Dictionary or Thesaurus, and I believe that they have tried to be a little too clever in the way it produces the results on this model. It is not quite as clear as their previous version. Having said all that it is a good machine, but I abide by the old adage " If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Mr Impossible: Number 2 in series (Carsington Quartet)
Mr Impossible: Number 2 in series (Carsington Quartet)
by Loretta Lynda Chase

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Impossible, 20 Aug. 2012
Over to my Wife on this one:

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters came to life and kept me interested throughout the book. The plot was believable and I could see the events happening as described. A very enjoyable read.

Miss Wonderful: Number 1 in series (Carsington Quartet)
Miss Wonderful: Number 1 in series (Carsington Quartet)
by Loretta Lynda Chase

5.0 out of 5 stars Miss Wonderful, 20 Aug. 2012
I pass this to my wife to review:

A good storyline and lots of characters to get to grips with. The tale is interesting and most importantly to me, believable and in the time period that I enjoy reading about. The characters are well set and I could imagine the events unfolding as they did. Lightweight and interesting, exactly as I like my stories like this to be.

Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Deception (JASON BOURNE)
Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Deception (JASON BOURNE)
by Eric Lustbader

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bourne Deception, 20 Aug. 2012
Another action story from the pen of Van Lustbaden based on Robert Ludlum's Bourne series. The storyline is good although rather complicated at times, and it is sometimes difficult to remember who some of the characters are until you cast your mind back to earlier novels in the series. ( At my age this can be quite tricky !!.)

A good read overall but I do believe that Jason should be allowed to retire to some quiet haven before he falls to pieces. He must be well into his 50's by now.

Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Objective (JASON BOURNE)
Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Objective (JASON BOURNE)
by Eric Lustbader

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bourne Objective, 20 Aug. 2012
I must declare that I am a long time fan of Robert Ludlum and have not had a poor book from him in the years I have read his tales ( I make one exception and that was The Road to Gandolfo). I also enjoy reading the later ones that have been either co-written or completed by Lustbader, although I am not quite as great a fan of his as I was of Ludlum
Once again the story line goes into intricate detail and has all sorts of twists and twirls, with nothing being what it seems and betrayals galore. Boune prevails as we know he will, although always battered and bruised.

Another good read, but I feel that the Bourne novels should cease now as it gets harder to believe some of the things he does when you consider the age he must be.

Elbow Grease - All Purpose Degreaser - 500ml
Elbow Grease - All Purpose Degreaser - 500ml
Offered by Super Utensil Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars elbow grease taes the work out of cleaning, 20 Aug. 2012
I have used this item before and so I knew what to expect. It does not let me down, it clears grease as if by magic and i use it for all sorts of jobs.

My only cpmplaint is once again the packaging let them down. I had to collect the item from the Post Office because there was leakage. The packaging comprises a wadded bag and inside, the spray bottle has sellotape around the collar. Obviously the sellotape slips a little when handled and leakage occurs. I have not refused the item because the leak is small, but it is annoying !!!.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6