Profile for Pol4959 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Come On Over
Come On Over

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Come On Over (MP3 Download)
The unusual beat was the hook-line for me and it is now on the IPod for listing every night before sleeping.

Game of Thrones - Season 3 (Includes Bonus Disc 'Creating The World With Visual Effects' - Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage

5.0 out of 5 stars We are so lucky!, 12 July 2014
Absolutely 'up to scratch' and does a fine job of following the books with their complicated multiple plot lines. Love it to death and come on Mr Martin with the promised last pair of books please. TV has never been this good before ... we are so lucky.

Live in Session EP
Live in Session EP

4.0 out of 5 stars Spirit of Ronnie Lane, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Live in Session EP (MP3 Download)
A good time sound here with distinct echoes of Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance travelling band. The key to it as well for me is the wonderful sound of that 'rockin' accordion. In truth I could have marked it as 3.5 stars but the accordion instrumental breaks are so good and I need to let the songs register over time together with the joint male/female voices. Also it is a 'live' recording and I think I detect a King Creosote feel to the vocal approach that may work its way into my brain over time as all his songs do.

There's No One Quite Like Grandma (2003 Digital Remaster)
There's No One Quite Like Grandma (2003 Digital Remaster)

3.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous song for kids ..... and grandmas., 8 Mar. 2014
This is the original and its great for special family occasions and will be sure to get the kids singing along.

Wake Up Scarlett
Wake Up Scarlett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great singer & song, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Wake Up Scarlett (MP3 Download)
I missed this track, out perhaps 2 years ago but it is a stunning dramatic piece with fine instrumentation, wonderful dramatic singing and a marvelous melody/ song. What is it really all about? I don't know but it is hypnotic and I will take note of this Irishman in future!

58mm Lens Hood for NIKON CANON SONY MINOLTA PENTAX FUJI
58mm Lens Hood for NIKON CANON SONY MINOLTA PENTAX FUJI

2.0 out of 5 stars Not an ideal fit for my Fuji, 21 Jan. 2014
When fully attached it is slightly visible in the corners of my photo. Zooming slightly takes that visibility away but you have to remember to do that and It is far from ideal anyway. I may yet attempt to cut away part of the outer rim! My FUGI is a HS30 EXR Finepix.

Solringen
Solringen

5.0 out of 5 stars Norwegian Folk Rock Kings, 21 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Solringen (MP3 Download)
Just loved this with strong male and female voices, intertwined, solo and delivering mesmerising choruses across a a piece during which the approach and delivery changes constantly. All played with early instruments in a distinct folk rock vein .... quite stunning really.

Vuoi Vuoi Me
Vuoi Vuoi Me

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Mari Boine track, 21 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Vuoi Vuoi Me (MP3 Download)
More Norwegian Sami music and this is the great Mari Boine with what for me is her best song. It is totally addictive and not to be missed with its sing-a-long chorus.

Enchantment
Enchantment

4.0 out of 5 stars Amethystium is enchanting, 21 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Enchantment (MP3 Download)
Great melody, done new age/ electronically but it is not 'wishy/washy' and has real personality. A lovely piece delivering the meaning of its title without a doubt.

Iditguovssu - Dawn Light
Iditguovssu - Dawn Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Another strong Maddji piece, 21 Jan. 2014
Great song with feeling and another fine Sami piece by the delightful Maddji. Again, very infectious. Sami music always sounds like modern day development of American Native music to me .... makes you think of original human development and the movement of peoples across the Earth. A fine song though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6