Profile for bagpuss > Reviews

Call Me Elizabeth: Wife, Mother, Escort
Call Me Elizabeth: Wife, Mother, Escort
by Dawn Annandale

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 18 Oct 2013
From beginning to end this is a well written book. Knowing that it is a true story there was always the possibility it would be oozing with self pity and anger, in truth there is not one iota of either. The writer has obviously 'lived a life', however i found myself gaining more respect for her with every page read. For any woman who has had a less than comfortable ride in life there will be aspects of her story that will resonate. By the end of the book i was crying with a mixture of happiness and relief that she had achieved what she had set out to do (bring up her children in a happy and secure environment). What she did to provide this environment will (probably) be a 'marmite' situation for some, as for me...I have nothing but admiration and respect for her.

The Darker Side of Mummy Misfit
The Darker Side of Mummy Misfit
Price: 1.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody brilliant again!, 9 Aug 2013
Couldn't put it down....lived and loved every word...laughed cried and growled out loud...Banjo(my dog) gave me increasingly perturbed looks at these noises....wanted to strangle the meemies..cuddle Mikhail...Oh it's just brilliant!

A Kind of Life
A Kind of Life
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 July 2013
This review is from: A Kind of Life (Kindle Edition)
The kind of book you can't put down. I couldn't be sure if I was reading a work of fiction or documentary scripts, the characters come to life,some make you feel rage and angry at how cruel humans can be whilst others restore a faith in humanity...can't wait for the next one.

One Step Too Far
One Step Too Far

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 May 2013
This review is from: One Step Too Far (Kindle Edition)
Had me gripped from the start. It's one of those books you find yourself reading at every opportunity. The characters are at once believable and slightly unbelievable...in as much as you cannot believe a person would behave this way yet you can imagine it does happen.

A Simple Amish Christmas
A Simple Amish Christmas
Price: 8.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming, 22 April 2013
A wonderful tale with a good feeling to it.
I felt I knew the characters and wanted the story to continue .

There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom
There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom
Price: 3.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 April 2013
Cleverly written. Makes you think about the way people and situations can really be. As someone who works within the education system I found this book insightful and a blooming good read .

Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death
Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death
Price: 0.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Whodunnit, 15 Aug 2012
Funny,intriguing,easy to read.The characters are believable if quirky, i found myself imagining how they looked. I was drawn into the storyline quite quickly which for me is a must. If i don't feel drawn in quickly then i tend to stop reading. The story flowed well and i would read more of this series.

Ma Polinski's Pockets
Ma Polinski's Pockets
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 15 Aug 2012
A moving and intriguing story. I read it at every free moment and wanted the story to continue so i could see what happened to the characters . This was a new author to me and i have not read any other books by them but I would happily read this one again.

A Tale of 3 Witches
A Tale of 3 Witches
Price: 1.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Splendid, 15 Aug 2012
I would recommend reading "Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead" by Christiana Miller first..Somebody Tell Aunt Tillie She's Dead However "3 Witches is well worth a read in it's own right too. The characters are believable and the whole book is a page turner. In short 3 witches is worth your time to read .

Switched: Book One in the Trylle Trilogy (Trylle Trilogy 1)
Switched: Book One in the Trylle Trilogy (Trylle Trilogy 1)
Price: 0.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant work., 15 Aug 2012
I found this book to be an easy read(not to be misinterpreted as having no real content). The characters, settings and concept were described in such a way as to draw the reader in without loading us down with unecessary details.Having read all three books of the trilogy i can say i will be purchasing more of this authors work.In my opinion this set of books would make an excellent film or tv series.