Profile for James > Reviews

James

QPAD CT Hybratek Coated Cloth Professional 4mm Large Gaming Mouse Pad - Black
QPAD CT Hybratek Coated Cloth Professional 4mm Large Gaming Mouse Pad - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't get a white one!, 20 Feb 2014
I bought this nearly 5 years when I built my first proper gaming computer. For some reason I decided to get a white one, and it looked pretty damn nice for 6 months - a year. However after many heavy gaming sessions the pad has become stained with dirt around where I move the mouse most frequently, and what I can only assume is sweat where my wrist rests.

The pad still functions perfectly fine even after 5 years, but is rather unsightly. All attempts to clean it have failed, and I don't want to scrub too hard lest I take the smooth surface off.

I would not hesitate buying another, but it would be a black one this time!

Dunlop Safety SB Boots Mens Black 14 UK UK
Dunlop Safety SB Boots Mens Black 14 UK UK
Offered by Sports Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 14 Jan 2014
I work in a supermarket, despite generally spending most days just on the shop floor I have to have Non-slip and steel toecaps for certain roles. I bought these as the company supplier's do not go up to size 14!

They took a few days to wear in and are now very comfortable for 9 hour+ shifts but after 3-4 consecutive days wear I start to develop sore spots on top of my toes and underneath. This may be due to the insole I wear in them however (for arch support). My feet get quite hot and sweat profusely, but that might just be me!

The laces that came with them lasted about 2 weeks before they snapped one morning when tying my laces, which is my reason to knock a star off. I've put some third part laces in and they are going strong for a few months.

Personalised Engraved Silver Pocket Watch. Ideal Men's Gift. Complete with Free engraving, black pouch and spare battery. Charles Hendon Brand.
Offered by Amazing Engraving

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Jan 2014
Ordered this just 2 days ago at about 1 in the morning, was dispatched later the same day and arrived the next day, brilliant service!

Watch looks very nice, engraving is good, can see it getting scratched quite easily though already has a mark from where I dragging it across a table (my bad).

The only other thing to consider is it has a fairly loud tick; easily distinguishable across a quiet room.

For the price you can't knock it though.

SealSkinz Ultra Grip Gloves
SealSkinz Ultra Grip Gloves
Offered by Down By The Sea

3.0 out of 5 stars Mis-stitch?, 6 Dec 2013
Bought these after recommendations from friends who had them. They fit well (bought XL), are reasonably warm and comfortable. However the left glove had a hole between the thumb and forefinger where the stitching joins. Water leaks in through this hole rendering the waterproof claim moot. The right glove is 100% waterproof however. I have filed for a replacement and hope this is a one off.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery is a knockoff, charger is a joke, 22 Jun 2013
First of all I was disappointed with the charger - the phone is a very tight fit onto the cradle, it took me over a minute to get it to sit on the charger properly; and to get the battery to charge in the battery slot i had to put an elastic band around it to hold it down, otherwise it did not make sufficient contact to charge. Furthermore the battery only charged to about 85% in the battery slot, the remainder had to be done in the phone.

I tried the battery the next day, it is branded as an official Samsung battery, it looks like one, but certainly does not perform as one. NFC does not work with this battery - despite the battery having the words Near Field Communication on it (identical to an official battery). The battery life was also abysmal - within 11 hours it went from 100% to 3%, that includes being sat in my locker at work for 7 hours without wifi, gps etc enabled. The other 4 hours I barely used it, certainly not enough to drain the battery as dramatically as it did.

I have filed a claim to return the item for a full refund, I have not yet recived any communication back from the seller. Note this is a review of the product, I have yet to see how the seller performs.

Casio Men's G-Shock Combi Watch Gw-3500B-1Aer With Solar Powered Radio Controlled Resin Strap
Offered by Watch Supermarket ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 20 Nov 2012
First off I am really pleased with this product, it is my first G-Shock and will no doubt be the first of many.

The watch looks really nice on my wrist and fits in easily in any situation, be it work, a cheeky trip to the pub or sitting at home. The watch syncs up fine every night, and it arrived at my house (in the UK) already set to my time and with a full charge!

Despite what other reviews have said the digital displays are readable in anything up to poor light (and I wear contacts). The light is rather poor and does not illuminate the digital displays. However I would not say this is major enough to knock a star off, and unless you absolutely must be able to use the digital features (anything other than telling the time) at night then I cannot see this as a problem.

The watch is easy to setup if you follow the instruction manual (although download the PDF version from the Casio website) and all of the features are easy to use once you get use to them.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 / SIII / i9300 NEOPRENE CARRY CASE WITH SHOCKSOCKS LOGO BY CELLAPOD CASES RED
Offered by Cellapod

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, 19 Nov 2012
This puch is just about a tight fit if you use your phone "naked". I use a silicon case that just fits around the back and side of the phone to make it easier to hold, but trying to fit the phone into this pouch with the silicon case on is impractical, it does fit at a push, but trying to get the velcro to fasten is hard work.

I'm currently in the process of stretching it out, maybe I will get some use out of this if it does stretch out far enough, but as is I have to choose between this pouch and the case.

Kit Samsung Galaxy S3 Pack with Case, Vent Holder, Crabble Stand, In-car Charger, USB Data Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars All seems well, 19 Nov 2012
I was a bit dubious buying such a cheap, unreviewed kit, but decided to take the plunge as it was sold by Amazon, and not a third party.

The main reason for me buying the kit was the vent mount and in car charger. Both of these work fine. The mount fits and removes easily to my car vent (Fiat Seicento) and the car charger and supplied cable also work fine. The actual hold the mount has on the phone does seem very loose, the pincers don't lock in place and the rest that the phone sits on doesn't stick out very far. However after trying it for a couple of journeys - that involved motorway's, city driving, speed bumps etc the phone didn't budge an inch so I can only say the mount is better than it looks.

The silicon case is great, nice and thick, looks great and makes the phone grippier and easier to hold.

The crabble stand works fine for landscape viewing, but not for portrait viewing - the phone falls out of it too easily.

The supplied cable works well for data transfer, and with the in car charger, but for some reason does NOT work with the default Samsung charger. This makes me worry more than anything else as to the quality of the cable, but it seems fine so far.

A good buy for the money, but if you have cash to spare then you should look to buy each part at a higher quality and individually.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD)
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC CD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with mods, 13 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Firstly this game is generally fantastic, and I am only playing with a mouse and keyboard. The graphics are very good for a trucking sim and the level of detail and customization options for the truck are excellent.

Before I started using mods the game was getting slightly tedious - trucking accross most of Europe at 55MPH was relaxing, but made me sleepy (like the in game driver does). However after adding a realistic physics mod, that also removes the speed limiter the game has become a lot more fun. You can still set the cruise control at 55 if you just want to have a leisurely drive.

I also use a Xenon lights mod that gives the headlights and nice blueish tinge, a real company mod that adds real world company skins to trailers, petrol stations and delivery points.

Mods are incredibly easy to add - the developers provided a mod folder you simply drop the mod files into, and it is as simple as that, next time you launch the game it will be running seamlessly with mods. I don't think Amazon allows me to include URL's in a review but just Google "ETS2 mods" and select the first result.

As well as the driving side of it there is also an aspect of business management - having to buy and upgrade garages, mange a fleet of trucks and employ people to drive them.

The previous trucking game I played was Rig 'n Roll, but ETS2 is miles better (excuse the pun)!

Overall if you like trucking games, or have ever wondered what it is like to get behind the wheel of a big rig then this is well worth the money!