Profile for G. Brewer > Reviews

Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit for PS3
Price: 199.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning piece of kit for the CASUAL gamer..., 16 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this cockpit after trying out MANY different wheels at a local store - something I strongly recommend you do if possible. Firstly I'd like to say I am not a serious gamer - I'm a casual gamer and like something I can just pick up & play. I didn't like wheels with force feedback (FFB) and this was, for me, the best non-force feedback wheel. If you want a wheel with FFB, simply don't buy this cockpit. I prefer the arcadey feel to this wheel although I do want to point out IT DOES SELF AUTO-CENTRE which is very good.
As it was for the PS3 I don't sit at a desk so constructing something, buying a gaming set up or using an ironing board to fix a separate wheel/pedals on to REALLY didn't interest me. This is SO convenient!!

PRO's:
> It looks good.
> The pedals are awesome - they have almost realistic resistance and perfectly sensitive.
> It has a great number of buttons - enough for all the extra controls on F1 2011!
> It's very convenient as it folds away & is in one piece. No need to purchase stands/use ironing boards etc!
> It's wireless. Self explanatory!
> It really is very simple to set up & VERY adjustable. Great for gaming chairs & sofas!
> It looks awesome!! When put away, I have the wheel sitting out cos it looks so good! (Yes, really!)
> It doesn't slip & slide. It's got very good weighting.

Con's:
> I was disappointed the red "fairing" wasn't metal. Maybe I misread the description tho.
> It doesn't have FORCE FEEDBACK (FFB). If this is important to you, don't buy it. Simple!!
> The rubbery grip does leave a VERY slight black rubbery residue on my hands - it's all those tense sweaty races...!!

I've only used it on F1 2011 and it works very well. It work's perfectly for this game but I haven't used it for any others.
Please note:
*Sorry Amazon, but I didn't buy it from you as it was about 90 cheaper on another shopping site. At over 200 it's pushing it for value but anything up to 150 it's good value.*

Famous
Famous
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars One man thinking he is taking the easy way to fame & fortune!, 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Famous (Kindle Edition)
Superbly written story about one man taking what he has been planning all his life for. Gripping read and one i couldn't put down. I really felt for the lead character and altho what he's doing may seem wrong, i couldn't help but root for him! This book is Crouch doing what he does best!

I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan
I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan
Price: 3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Back of the net...! Genius!, 5 Oct 2011
This book is simply genius. As a HUGE Alan Partridge fan I have only just realised how much I have been waiting for Alan's biography. Whilst reading it, I can hear Alan's voice in my head. His nonsensical humour comes across as easily as if he was talking to me or I was watching it on TV. It ties in nicely with all of his programmes and offers and insight to what happened in between what we have seen. My only criticism is that it could have been a bit longer - but that may have been because I simply couldn't put it down! Kiss my face! Cashback!

F1 2011 (PS3)
F1 2011 (PS3)
Offered by b68solutions
Price: 4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is all GO GO GOOOOOOOO...!, 26 Sep 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: F1 2011 (PS3) (Video Game)
This game is the greatest racing game I have ever played. I prefer realistic racing to super-fast fantasy racing and this game hits the nail on the head. It is ultra realistic. The introduction of DRS and KERS works perfectly. You do need a slight understanding of both new systems to get the full use out of them though. The drivers area is much better this year. Oh and surprisingly enough, I actually miss the Geordie (from F1 2010) encouraging me whilst driving - now he's gone, I realise how encouraging he actually was, especially on a win in comparison to the dulcet tones of the new guy who sounds slightly peeved all the time! Just a preference!

I have to mention the obvious "complaint" that's going around - the graphics. Personally I think they are adequate. Not great, but they do the job. I'm so involved in the racing and game play that the graphics do what they should do - and support a great game. People saying that the dev diaries and ads all show better graphics... yes they do but that's because they are the high end PC game on max graphics shown. This has been explained!

My only 'complaint' really is that the "career" is only 5 seasons long. Not at all long enough in my opinion considering I played 17 seasons continuous on the 2010 game...

Overall if you want a realistic racing game and are either a) a huge petrol-head or b) an F1 geek (or both!) then I say buy buy buy!! Don't buy it if you want to come first straight away, you have to build up from the bottom in the career.If you want to whizz around and crash bang wallop, then buy Dirt3.

Desert Places (Andrew Z. Thomas/Luther Kite Series Book 1)
Desert Places (Andrew Z. Thomas/Luther Kite Series Book 1)
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best thrillers I've read..., 27 July 2011
Absolutely amazing. A fantastic read I simply good not put down. I really felt for Andrew Z Thomas - his character is likeable and his downfalls are on the edge of your seat stuff!! A fantastic read.

Hamelin's Child
Hamelin's Child
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard hitting story but a delightful read!, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Hamelin's Child (Kindle Edition)
I was amazed that this book could cover such a sensitive story yet come across so warm! I couldn't put it down and read it within 48 hours. I just HAD to know what would happen next! A great story, well presented. I look fwd to future books by DJ Bennett.

TomTom Rider v2 Satellite Navigation System - Great Britain
TomTom Rider v2 Satellite Navigation System - Great Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars I have had this for 3 years & it is still GREAT!, 1 Jun 2011
I have had this Tom Tom Rider V2 for 3 years & it is still GREAT! It's STILL waterproof, it still works, the screen is fine and it has helped me enjoy my rides a great deal. It is a bit chunky compared to the newer designs but it does the job well. The updates you get when you register it with TomTom are excellent too and TomTom have been very helpful with a few minor issues. I strongly recommend this device for all riders who, like me, struggle with direction!

The Sims 3 (PS3)
The Sims 3 (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 15.39

4.0 out of 5 stars SIMply great!, 30 Oct 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Sims 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
Having played this on the PC i was excited about The Sims 3 coming to the consoles, in this case PS3, purely so I could relax on the sofa with my favourite PC game! If you want me to state my preference I would say the PC version is better purely because the PC is it's original platform and it was designed with this in mind. It plays well on the PS3 although it takes a while to get used to the controls. The game play is slightly different on the PS3, if a little more generic but plays well. At first I wasn't impressed but now after only a few hours I'm used to it and it's definately a grower. With console specific extras like the Karma thing it does add more to the game. Try it, it's something new for the PS3 and you may be pleasantly surprised.

UFC Undisputed: 2010 (PS3)
UFC Undisputed: 2010 (PS3)
Offered by TIP TOP SELLER
Price: 9.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better then last UFC 2009, 3 Aug 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'll keep it short 'n sweet - better controls, better camp/training and better gameplay. Yeah there isn't a huge difference but I much preferred it to UFC Undisputed 2009 purely because it feels better to play. Career mode is much better and great fun to fight online.

Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood (PS3)
Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 12.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing :(, 2 Sep 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
After reading the reviews about this game I decided to buy it and thought I would get over the game freezes when the you got to a save point. How wrong was I?! The game save freezes actually interfere with the gameplay and I don't understand why this happens?! The game play is average - a poor story line and not much option to do other things than what you've been set to do. I don't normally tell people what to do in my reviews but i truly do recommend that if you like the CoD games don't buy this one as it will dampen your love for them! Disappointing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5