Profile for I. E. Colbourne > Reviews

Content by I. E. Colbourne

I. E. Colbourne (Cambridge)

Cheryl Baker's Low Calorie Cook Book: 80 Nutritious and Calorie-counted Recipes
Cheryl Baker's Low Calorie Cook Book: 80 Nutritious and Calorie-counted Recipes
by Cheryl Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheryl Baker cookery book, 6 Nov. 2012
This was a present for my Cheryl Baker obsessed friend, & he seems happy with it. I did take a look through it before I gave it to him & it looked interesting with recipies I would make/eat, even though it's relatively old at this stage.

The Rough Guide to Central America On A Budget
The Rough Guide to Central America On A Budget
by Rough Guides

4.0 out of 5 stars Central America book review, 6 Nov. 2012
I haven't made my trip yet so can't say how well the book matches the reality, but so far so good. I chose this Central America guide because of the combination of my liking Rough Guides generally & it being published more recently than only guide books for this region that I also like (e.g. Time Out, Lonely Planet etc). I wasn't particularly looking for a budget guide book but again there wasn't a non-budget version that was published recently that also ticks other boxes as above (& also covers all the countries I plan to visit). I would have preferred it to cover a wider variety of price ranges but as it does clearly call itself a budget themed book & I knew that's what I was buying then that's not a fault with the book, just a reflection on the lack of books for the region.

Nurikabe 4 (Nikoli)
Nurikabe 4 (Nikoli)
by Equipo Nikoli

5.0 out of 5 stars Nurikabe book review, 6 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Nurikabe 4 (Nikoli) (Paperback)
I love this style of book - so much so I've even bought the same book several times .... Nurikabe is a great puzzle & the book format means it's easy to carry with you & do a few puzzles wheneven you want.

Berlitz: Romanian Phrase Book & Dictionary (Berlitz Phrasebooks)
Berlitz: Romanian Phrase Book & Dictionary (Berlitz Phrasebooks)
by Berlitz

3.0 out of 5 stars ok phrase book, 25 Sept. 2012
Useful phrase book - only niggles were:
- it advised me to send my post cards from my hotel rather the post office (to avoid queues at the post office) - however when I asked my hotel in Bucharest (who had been very helpful during my stay) to do so just as I was getting a taxi to the airport they told me they didn't provide this service & as far as they were aware other hotels couldn't do so either ...
- it seemed to contain largely rather formal versions of greetings, which weren't that easy to remember, whereas my general Rough Guide to Romania included less formal versions that were easier so I ended up using them more. Also I observed less formal/easier to remember versions being used by Romanian people in their interactions. Given the option I'd rather use the less formal version if it's easier than fail to remember the more complex formal version & end up getting tongue tied &/or using English

Keep calm and go for Gold - Mens T-Shirt-Bottle-Small
Keep calm and go for Gold - Mens T-Shirt-Bottle-Small
Offered by Dressdown

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, 25 Sept. 2012
The tshirt was a gift for my nephew (13) who has since advised that it is 'really cool'. I haven't seen it but as far as I can tell it makes a great gift, particularly then just between the London Olympics & Paralympics. Recommended.