Profile for Mrs. J. Holliday > Reviews

Content by Mrs. J. Holliday

Mrs. J. Holliday "Jo H" (Dorset)

Page: 1 | 2
Early In The Morning
Early In The Morning

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Early In The Morning (Audio CD)
Beautiful and at time haunting voice and beautiful songs, this albumn has already become one of my fave buy's of this year.

Logo Design: v. 3
Logo Design: v. 3
by Julius Wiedemann

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for reference and inspiration!, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Logo Design: v. 3 (Paperback)
This book has just the right mix of information and images to browse through, good addition to the bookshelf! would recommend.

My Head is an Animal
My Head is an Animal

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: My Head is an Animal (Audio CD)
I LOVE this albumn! would recommend, lovely folk sound with a little bit of quirkyness from the female vocalist, who has an almost byork like sounding icelandic voice. Its great!

Trespass Women's Indi Ski Jacket
Trespass Women's Indi Ski Jacket

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value & toastie, 26 Nov 2012
This a great cosy jacket, was really pleased with the fit, ordered a large after looking at the Trespass site which is equivalent to a size 14, fits well. Lots of handy pockets, great value.

Automatic LED Night Light - Plug in & Energy Saving Dusk 2 Dawn LED Night Light Sensitive Night Light
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars good little light, 18 Sep 2012
I wanted a night light to light up a hall way, in case my daughter got out of bed at night to make a trip to the loo, and this little light does the trick, it sheds a good amount of light for it's little size.

KitSound Cobra Sweat and Water-Resistant Flat Ribbon Cable Sports Earphones - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price & a great product!, 24 Aug 2012
As mentioned by the previous reviewer, I was also a little sceptical about these earphones as they were so reasonably priced, but after reading the other reviews decided to give them a go, and I must say I wasn't disappointed. They not only look really funky, great shape and good choice of colours, they are very practical, and most importantly sound great and are really comfy to wear. They have a really nice clear well rounded and full sound and are so comfy compared to my previous earphones that I bought to use with my ipod.

They come with 3 sizes of ear gels, I found the medium to be a perfect fit and that the sound isolation worked well. This is the first pair of earphones that I've had with the ribbon cord and it has been very successful, cuts down on all the time of trying to unravel lots of tangles before I can listen to my music - a bonus!

And, although these are water resistant and not waterproof, I was caught in light rain and my headphones didn't fail me, so I'm confident they will stand the test of time at the gym or out jogging.

Great sounding, funky earphones at a great price - would definitely recommend as a all round good buy!

Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide)
Bugs and Insects (Usborne Spotter's Guide)
by Anthony Wootton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, 5 May 2012
Bought this for my 3 year old daughter who loves bugs and it was a winner, it has lot's of nice images and interesting facts and am sure it will be great too as she gets older to learn more.

The Making of Us
The Making of Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read from Lisa Jewell, 5 May 2012
This review is from: The Making of Us (Kindle Edition)
Another good read from Lisa Jewell, Lot's of different characters each with their own story to tell, but are of course are all interlaced, a good read to cozy up with.

XMI X-mini Rave Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPod/iPad/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black
XMI X-mini Rave Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPod/iPad/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black
Offered by Trusted-Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars X-mini Rave - A great little speaker that packs a punch!, 27 Mar 2012
Length:: 0:47 Mins

A great little speaker that packs a punch for it's small and easily portable size, delivers a good all round sound as well as looking really stylish. I was really impressed with the quality, it easily twists open and work's well with all the devices that I needed it for, mainly my ipod but also work's with my lap top and ipad. Also, easy to charge via USB connecting to your PC or lap top using supplied cable. I love the fact that I can also connect via audio input to my existing x-mini 2 via audio input giving me twice the sound!

A great new addition to the rave is the radio, great for keeping up with news and sports whilst on the move and easy to tune, signal may vary depending on the location. It also benefits from a built-in 3.5mm audio cable that stows away into the base for portability and comes with a little black draw string pouch to keep it protected.

Such a funky and well thought out product, I would really recommend it to anyone wanting a compact portable speaker.

Cute and Easy Crochet
Cute and Easy Crochet
by Nicki Trench

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and pretty patterns, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Cute and Easy Crochet (Paperback)
Great book, with lot's of pretty and useful designs to make whether you are just starting out or more practiced. Inspiring designs and written in an easy to understand way, a good buy!

Page: 1 | 2